Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People seem to be disregarding this game ahead of Wedneday.

WAKE UP!

If we fail to win this and Everton, and then lose Wednesday then it's very likely we won't have UCL football next season. I want a trophy as much as the next guy, but I also want to see my team competing in the biggest competitions in domestic football.

Strongest team available plays. If that means Sissoko, then play him. He came on last night and controlled an Ajax midfield which bullied Madrid and Juve. The guy has to play. The only players I'd drop are Vertonghen for injury reasons, Llorente as Son is more capable of getting us the goals and Trippier due to being in hideous form.

Your next game is always the most important. That is Bournemouth.

Last edited:
A very, very strange season. If i'm being totally honest, we've never looked that good (save for a brief period mid December when we smashed everton and bournemouth). At the start of the season I noted that we were getting tight results without playing that well, and that just kind of continued the entire season. Our record against the big six is W2, D1, L7, yet we're third and could wrap up champions league qualification today.

I guess the irony is that we usually get accused of playing great football, but not having the grit to grind out results when it matters. This season it's been the complete inverse. We've done nothing but grind out tight results, in both the league and Europe.

Fcuking people on here.

We were up against a team who were already on their summer break.

We needed to be controlled, aggressive to a point and clinical.

We are fcuking shirkers from the manager through to the players.

Anyone who is not fearful of our future or embarrassed at how poor we have become is living in cloud fcuking cuckoo land.

We cannot handle pressure. We cannot deliver even when it is handed on a plate.

This is by a country mile the worst in football terms that Pochettino has presided over.

Fcuk hindsight or next Wednesday or next Sunday.

All the highs of recent years are disappearing down the drain.

Back home after one of the most pointless trips I’ve had to the coast. Players left on the pitch did a damn good job in impossible circumstances, trying to stretch themselves to save the game whilst not getting totally burnt out for the semi final. Sissoko was immense all day: strong, composed and actually quite skilful.

It was another game where we totally dominated but could not kill it off, much like Southampton away. Lucas and Dele need to realise that shooting low gives the keeper virtually no chance to get down and make a save. Some very poor finishing spoiling some decent build up play.

Should have been 3-0 at HT to us.

Feel sorry for Son. If anyone whacks me on the back I have a natural instinct to turn and whack back. But it was never a red. Foyth’s challenge looked very bad from where we were, but the ref loved being the main man today.

What a waste of a nice day in the sunshine. I really do question what the fuck I’m doing giving so much time, money and effort to football on a day like today.

Fans aren't the ones playing. They are the ones spending thousands to watch every match so have every right to be pissed off. What son has done this season is great but he's paid millions for it. Doing what he did today is just disgraceful. Should come out and apologise to his team and the fans.
Son is a gentleman. He will do the right thing without any encouragement from you, my friend. And incidentally, nobody forces you to pay anything. His pay cheque has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything. It's irrelevant. He just gets the going rate. He'd still be playing if he got my wages.
Final point - he's human. You get narked as a spectator - imagine being in HIS position. Support the team ffs.

Okay, maybe Pochettino hasn't rotated his (small and ever-shrinking) squad enough. Maybe this has led to our main players developing fatigue. I reckon it's the main, but not the only reason, for the precarious position we find ourselves in now. But what do I know? Am I the manager?

No. I am just a Spurs fan. They're my club. They've always been and they always will be. I've supported Spurs for nearly 60 years now. Tottenham till I die (and beyond). I will shout for them forever and brush off that pathetic ridicule we get. We may win, we may not - but I am Tottenham. My blood is dark blue. The little boy with the oversized wooden football rattle is still there every time I watch them play. If you are Tottenham too, get behind them at all times, especially when they need it, like the fans at the ground did today. Try not to moan, even though it's hard sometimes. See the bigger picture. It's the best club in the world. There is no better.

Glad I've found this place - it feels like home. Many of the people here are incredible fans. I applaud you.

My first time to Bournemouth. I won't comment on the match itself much as it's probably been done to death in this thread and I haven't read any of it, except to say it was an utterly bizarre game and our second half performance was heroic.

Pretty good away I'd say, ground is like an old third division ground and it feels like an away cup tie. Fans are close to pitch. Plenty of pubs etc in the town and alongside the beach which make it an attractive place to go, even the train journey is quite scenic beyond Southampton. Their fans are shit, must be the worst home fans in the league I'd say...similar to Fulham and Reading when they were up. Our fans were, IMO, the best we've been all season, it reminded me of games in the 90s when our away support was superb. Constant loud singing through our attempt to hold on for a much needed point, and when they scored we broke instantly into "we love you Tottenham we do". Most people stayed to clap the players off. Fair play to Trippier, Sissoko and- I have to admit- Rose, who came right over to us (the others looked too dejected to be fair to them). Sissoko and Rose threw their shirts into the crowd.

Two cup finals ahead in the next week. And then possibly, though it's unlikely, the biggest game this club has had probably since 1962.

PLAY OUR BEST TEAM!!! THAT'S IT.

DO NOT FUCK ABOUT SAVING PLAYERS. WE WILL LOSE TO BOURNEMOUTH IF WE DO AND THEN LOSE TO AJAX. AND PROBABLY EVERTON ON THE BACK OF THE COLLAPSE.

PLAY OUR BEST TEAM!!!
giphy.gif

This is what it was for most of the 90s....And thinking that next season would be different.But it never was...

I’ve said it before, the match day experience was more enjoyable back in the 90’s, when we were shit. The focus was all about the day, the pubs and the jolly, if we won it was a massive bonus.
Nowadays, it’s all about the result and the day is shit if we lose.
It’s brilliant being regular top 4 and in theCL semi final but it does change priorities of the whole experience.

Missing out on top 4 these days is a disaster and every game is geared up around that. Back in the 90’s mid table and lower was the norm and not unexpected.

Prefer to be where we are now of course.

Shout out to the 9 men who held the line for so long. Especially Hugo, Sissoko, Wanyama and Sanchez who played real well. Trippier had his best defensive performance in ages as well.

Football is cruel.

Sorry but can not take any thing positive from this match.
Yes we can. We had the discipline and fitness to play an entire half 2 men down and not concede.

Playing 2 men down is usually just a queue of shots on goal.

We didn’t take our chances, 2 silly sendings off, but we can take a little something.

Everyone here needs to fucking relax. We very narrowly lost 1-0 away, with a very fatigued team.

Miserable bunch of soft cocks and obvious wums on here. We can do Ajax, and we will do Everton.

Back
Top Bottom