Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...he really is though!
Was pleasently surprised by his movement with the ball yesterday. He's not World Class, but he's definetely not as bad as some people make him out to be. Also, add the fact that I will never forget him beacuse of the City goal.

Was pleasently surprised by his movement with the ball yesterday. He's not World Class, but he's definetely not as bad as some people make him out to be. Also, add the fact that I will never forget him beacuse of the City goal.
To be fair... he did better last night than he did on Saturday, and yes, the City goal will put him in an exclusive list of 4 Spurs goalscorers (Bobby Smith, Dave Mackay and Sonny) whose goals got us to a European Cup Semi final...
But APART from that, what have the Romans the Spaniard ever done for us??

It's such a shame for Tripps... I really like him, but he's dipped so dramatically and alarmingly since the Summer...
Whatever happened to "World Cup" Trippier?

At the world cup he had Kyle Walker in the right sided CB spot, giving him plenty of licence to bomb forward. None of our CB's are massively inclined to shift right, so Trippier is leaving a ton of space behind him and looks, quite frankly, a liability at times.

Kieran Trippier Statistics | Premier League

His cross completion is actually higher this season (29%) than it has been in most seasons although his assists (3) is a little off par compared with previous years. His shots per game is a little lower than normal, but even though everyone remembers THAT goal for England, he's only scored a few goals in his senior career.

-----------------------Lloris
KWP-------Foyth----------Davinson----------Davies
------------Wanyama------Dier
Lucas---------------Eriksen------------------Son
----------------------Janssen

Trippier, Jan, Toby, Rose, Sissoko and Dele need a rest.

People seem to be disregarding this game ahead of Wedneday.

WAKE UP!

If we fail to win this and Everton, and then lose Wednesday then it's very likely we won't have UCL football next season. I want a trophy as much as the next guy, but I also want to see my team competing in the biggest competitions in domestic football.

Strongest team available plays. If that means Sissoko, then play him. He came on last night and controlled an Ajax midfield which bullied Madrid and Juve. The guy has to play. The only players I'd drop are Vertonghen for injury reasons, Llorente as Son is more capable of getting us the goals and Trippier due to being in hideous form.

Your next game is always the most important. That is Bournemouth.

Last edited:
Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Davies
Dier
Skipp
Eriksen
Dele
Lucas
Son

Skipp the big risk here but we have no bodies and we always struggle with a back 3. Personally I'd prefer the right shape & formation rather than the best talent on the pitch. I absolutely love Foyth's potential but I prefer a 4-2-3-1 more & with Sissoko a key man for Wednesday, I'd roll the dice on Skipp.

Fucking ridiculous that we can't even fall back on a lot of our second string for rotation at the moment. Losing Winks, Aurier & Lamela is as big a hammer blow as losing Son & Kane yesterday. At a time where rotation is key we are threadbare, it's a huge shame and it's extremely harsh on us as a football club but what can you do?

I saw enough yesterday to know we can make it to the final and I honestly think our style will change drastically with Son coming in for Llorente. Got to dare to do, and we have to get out of this mindset of altering the formation when injuries hit. A 4-2-3-1 for me, which ultimately means Skipp or Sissoko have to start.

I still don’t understand how some people are convinced Kane will play next week, didn’t Jesus and Poch laugh that off when asked in the presser?

Stop fucking playing with my heart guys if there was a chance we would know by now!!
Don't fret pet... Kane ain't playing next week.
At the world cup he had Kyle Walker in the right sided CB spot, giving him plenty of licence to bomb forward. None of our CB's are massively inclined to shift right, so Trippier is leaving a ton of space behind him and looks, quite frankly, a liability at times.

Kieran Trippier Statistics | Premier League

His cross completion is actually higher this season (29%) than it has been in most seasons although his assists (3) is a little off par compared with previous years. His shots per game is a little lower than normal, but even though everyone remembers THAT goal for England, he's only scored a few goals in his senior career.

Why oh why oh WHY did we sell Kyle Walker?

As 57 varieties 57 varieties has been saying for a while, give the boy Roles a go. Scored a hat-trick ('perfect' I think) to prevent the U23 being relegated in their last game. It's not like we are overloaded with decent attacking midfielders.
Roles is a very weird case. Has had a stellar year with the youth teams but Poch seems completely uninterested and the club doesn't seem to want to offer him a pro deal.

At odds with Pochettino junior in the youth teams?

Roles is a very weird case. Has had a stellar year with the youth teams but Poch seems completely uninterested and the club doesn't seem to want to offer him a pro deal.

At odds with Pochettino junior in the youth teams?

He's training with the first team.

If he was at odds with anyone, he wouldn't be.

Lloris
KWP - Foyth - Sanchez - Davies
Dier - Wanyama
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
Janssen
Absolutely wrap Sissoko up in cotton wool. Do not want him aggravating anything. Drop Dele too. Maybe he needs the rest or maybe he just needs the kick up the backside.

Yep, I think that would work.

Crazy playing Nando > Jansen.

The big ol' bugger can't handle 3 in a week.

Meanwhile, Jansen's not CL registered so we need to make use of his legs when available to us (if indeed we are determined to play a bonafide #9). Whatever is left in those old legs, save it for Ajax (even if it's only for the bench).

Last edited:
Crazy playing Nando > Jansen.

The big ol' bugger can't handle 3 in a week.

Meanwhile, Jansen's not CL registered so we need to make use of his legs when available us (if indeed we are determined to play a bonafide #9). Whatever is left in those old legs save it for Ajax (even if it's only for the bench).

Agreed.

If you were ever going to bring Janssen back into the fold whilst bringing him on for match sharpness in recent games, then this fixture is THE perfect one for him to start.

Most important game of the season..... (until the 90 is over).

Treat it as such.

Train as light as necessary to compensate.

Talking about absence making the heart grow fonder.
I cannot recall Janssen ever producing for Spurs. He was not banished from the team for no reason. Even the 1 chance he had last week was not scored. I cannot see any justification for starting him.
Would play
Lloris
Foyth, Sanchez, Toby, Davies
Sissoko, Dier Eriksen Dele
Moura Son

Back
Top Bottom