Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, disagree. We've got to go full strength (well, put the best team we currently have available out, anyway!).

Also...Tangangam, Markanday, Roles, Marsh.....

Really?!!!

:dembelewtf:

Do we have any better youth players? ...and no, I don't believe, Poch would ever select a team like this. I just liked the idea that it was our players turn to get a whole week of preperation for a Chl game.

Saying we should play our best team against Bournemouth is literally the only sensible thing you've ever posted. I feel sick.

I've posted lots of sensible things. Perhaps you should re-read all my posts.

I keep saying - I am not calling for Poch to be sacked. Just an acknowledgement that he gets things wrong quite often.

He even admitted it himself yesterday.

I've posted lots of sensible things. Perhaps you should re-read all my posts.

I keep saying - I am not calling for Poch to be sacked. Just an acknowledgement that he gets things wrong quite often.

He even admitted it himself yesterday.

I have re-read all your posts. And I disagreed with pretty much every single one.

Now please, go away.

Sissoko and Jan are the only ones that needs to be rested for Wednesday, but I think Poch will rotate because of all the injuries with an eye on next Wednesday.

Lloris
KWP-Toby-Davies-Rose
Dier-Skipp
Lucas-Dele-Eriksen
Son

3 points and we secure top-4 and are above Woolwich yet again.

I think it'll be whoever can kick a ball will play on Saturday. No other team could have coped with the severity of our injuries this season.
I am nervous for this game, because of the heightened importance it has taken on. Yes, it shouldn't be the case and it would have be nice to take this game in a relaxed mode, to give us a fighting chance for Wednesday. However, doesn't need emphasising that the players to be focused on Bournemouth only.

Potentially only 4 games of the season left, has to be best 11 every game. Next season poch has to find his best formation and play it most weeks.
Had no rhythm this season due to injuries. Poch's tactical flexibility has been quite impressive most matches

But this year had me yearning for those 4-2-3-1 days when our best XI was set in stone with only fullback rotation to be expected.

And you suggest what line up when we have a UCL semi final 2nd Leg 4 days later? That side has more than enough to beat Bournemouth!

On paper I agree. But look at our last 3 performances vs Brighton whu and ajax. We need to make a statement by winning with our best available line up. That means son sissoko moura etc. If we win then we can relax and I reckon we will beat ajax away too. However, if we lose to Bournemouth I could easily see us losing to Everton and ajax.

Just hope we actually start the game well rather than piss about for 30 minutes.

And you suggest what line up when we have a UCL semi final 2nd Leg 4 days later? That side has more than enough to beat Bournemouth!

Not KWP and Foyth together with Skipp shielding. Bournemouth are a poor defensive side but a very effective attacking outfit - let's try to manage their threat, not encourage it. I probably would't start with Janssen upfront either, but that's less contentious given our lack of attacking options.

Team that smashed Bournemouth 5-0 in the league earlier in the season.

Lloris
KWP - Foyth - Alderweireld - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
Kane​

Perhaps replace Rose for Davies to give him some rest before the second leg. Drop Eriksen deeper and have him aim to control like Winks does. Put Dele in behind the striker and flip a coin between Llorente and Janssen.

I'd want to rest Sissoko - but I'd understand if Poch didn't want to.

Bournemouth tend to roll over against the big clubs anyway and have absolutely fuck all to play for. They haven't even won a home game in the league since 30th January.

Though that isn't saying much - we haven't won an away game in the league since 20th January against Fulham.

Team that smashed Bournemouth 5-0 in the league earlier in the season.

Lloris
KWP - Foyth - Alderweireld - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
Kane​

Perhaps replace Rose for Davies to give him some rest before the second leg. Drop Eriksen deeper and have him aim to control like Winks does. Put Dele in behind the striker and flip a coin between Llorente and Janssen.

I'd want to rest Sissoko - but I'd understand if Poch didn't want to.

Bournemouth tend to roll over against the big clubs anyway and have absolutely fuck all to play for. They haven't even won a home game in the league since 30th January.

Though that isn't saying much - we haven't won an away game in the league since 20th January against Fulham.
I think Janssen has to start over Llorente against Bournemouth. Not because Llorente is bad, he really isn't, but the lad is 34, he needs to rest and be ready for Ajax on Wednesday. Would play Skipp as well in CM alongside someone like Dier. It's not ideal, but we need some players fresh against Ajax, so we have to make some slight sacrifices here.

Not KWP and Foyth together with Skipp shielding. Bournemouth are a poor defensive side but a very effective attacking outfit - let's try to manage their threat, not encourage it. I probably would't start with Janssen upfront either, but that's less contentious given our lack of attacking options.
Fair enough, we're very depleted at the moment. The right blend of resting and going with our strongest line up every 3/4 days is very hard to find.

I think it'll be whoever can kick a ball will play on Saturday.
Well that rules Trippier out then, B'boom!
Cow's arse and Banjo springs to mind based on last night...
It's such a shame for Tripps... I really like him, but he's dipped so dramatically and alarmingly since the Summer...
Whatever happened to "World Cup" Trippier?

I think Janssen has to start over Llorente against Bournemouth. Not because Llorente is bad, he really isn't, but the lad is 34, he needs to rest...
...he really is though!

Back
Top Bottom