Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dunno why you lot are talking about the match for real when it was all about a cheating ref. Spurs fans (some I read here) are quick to have a go at the team and the manager or Levy, but defend crappy cheating refs who Sky are paying - Chelsea never had a red card in 73 matches (make it 74 after tomorrows game).
It wasn't the ref or the pitch or the sun.

It was us. Poor discipline and decision making.

Son and Foyth should be fined a months wages at least.

The whole PL season could boil down to 2 minutes of madness.

Yet the CM, RB and summer window was to blame to most.

I’ve said several times that our biggest problem for years has been not taking chances, or not creating chances in the final third.

If you care enough, you put the ball into the back of the net, against the frightened little teenager who’s never played a professional game of football before.

It wasn’t Levy missing, it wasn’t Trippier, it wasn’t Dier.

It was Dele and Moura. It was Son who got a red on half time.
Call it trying all you want, at the end of the day, the term bottle job is a fitting one......Wolves, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth were all bottle jobs that did not require big signings to garner three points from the 15 available.

When can we say we bottled it? After a defeat to Everton? That’s one game. That’s acceptable.
6 wont be.....0 from 18pts when three was needed can’t be seen as anything else than bottling it.

Yes, agreed but stop going on as though having extra players doesn't help.

As if having those options when games are lost for whatever reason is not better than having to rely on the same players.

I loved watching Jimmy White when I was a youngster. No snooker player epitomised the ability to grab defeat from victory more than the mercurial left hander from Tooting (down the road from me)

I have supported this club for even longer.

The parallels are not lost on me.

You lotwho have a go at the players are a disgrace. Anyone who had this shite given to them week-in-week-out would fold.
The players tried to fight and the FA/ref/Sky/media stopped them. I would never complain about the players with a ref like this who was determined to stop Tottenham. Spurs have built the best stadium in the world and in England they are trying to sabotage Tottenham.
Chelsea have a barn of a stadium and Woolwich's new one looks like crap in comparison. Sky and the media know it.
BTW, Woolwich play no English players every game, it's never mentioned by the media.....

Spurs fans get behind the players not the (Sky) FA.

Just to be clear when you say the people slagging off “the players” are a disgrace, do you mean “the players” that “aren’t good enough” are “Champo level cloggers” and “should never wear the shirt again”?

Or do you just mean Dele and Eriksen?

Because there is a really bizarre pattern on this forum where people want to bleat on about supporting “the players” yet some of the same people are happy to call Trippier a cunt, Dier shit, were happy to abuse Sissoko for two years, want Davies sold etc etc etc.

Every week I’m told this squad is shit, the chairman is a cunt for not replacing our crap back up, and every window, I don’t see any support for “the players” outside of Toby, Eriksen, Dele and Kane.

So if we have a four man squad then fine.....but for me there’s a big difference between people who are really pissed off with the underachieving of players they believe have the skills required, and of those who think 95% of the squad is mid table garbage.

It's a forum FFS. Players don't see this. In the ground the same people complaining are the ones cheering them on. You sound like the quiet type of fan when you go. Maybe save the money, they don't notice you anyway

Of all things i sound like the quiet type?

Meanwhile you want me to believe the lamest support on here equates to the opposite in the stadium?

Proof you'll post any old shite at this juncture.

It's a forum FFS. Players don't see this. In the ground the same people complaining are the ones cheering them on. You sound like the quiet type of fan when you go. Maybe save the money, they don't notice you anyway
Ha. So true. Some think the players & manager read this forum. Would have won the title if you posted more supportive posts. It's all on you.

Really sad effort from the players yesterday.

Son might have been upset about the hand stamp, but it is so naive to push another player to the ground. Foyths challenge was absolutely reckless. Dier has gone from being serviceable in CM to being a complete liability.

I'm really disappointed in the gamesmanship of the team- big moment for us and they laid a complete egg. Now we have to do it the hard way.

Shout out to Levy though- selling Dembele for a paltry 10m with Skipp as a replacement? I love Skipp but it seems pretty clear Poch doesn't trust him in big situations yet. We could have really used Dembele yesterday.

Two huge games coming up. I hope we can prevail but gawd it's gonna be tough. The lack of composure from the players has made it even tougher now...

iraqiinformationminister.jpg
I'm hoping your choice of picture to show that you are winning is laced with a huge dose of irony John Thomas John Thomas !!! :sonhmm:

Honestly, you watch us week after week and you still get people telling us we can't trust kids like KWP, Skipp, Roles etc.

How much worse could they actually be?

13 defeats. That's more than our last two seasons put together.

The only major change is this midfield. We've actually added a forward and still have all the others and AM's, same defenders.

But no, RB is the problem eh??

And it definitely isn't bollocks we are lacking, it's fucking brains.

We need to swap fucking units like Dier and Sissoko for some actual footballers, and we desperately need a player with some wit and composure in the final third or we are going to be fucked next season, even worse than this.
If we don't get intelligent players in but get units in that Poch has sanctioned, is he still the right manager for us or has he taken us as far as he can?

Lamest support? Fans showing their frustration at the attitude of the team in games like that doesn't equal lame support its the opposite. Top 4 is the future of the team so we want them to finish their to kick on next season. You're the kind that settles for any old shit happily. That's up to you. Clear lack of passion from you. Yes you definitely sound like the quite type if you even go to games.

Note: I'm deliberately using the word "support".

Good day to you.

A lot of claims saying our players lack the big game mentality. We have pulled out some last minute successes this season, more than prior years it feels. I think Poch is correct, we are punching far above our weight so whether it is big game mentality, fatigue, or just inadequate players, I believe we still have the craft to dig out a win at home.

A lot of claims saying our players lack the big game mentality. We have pulled out some last minute successes this season, more than prior years it feels. I think Poch is correct, we are punching far above our weight so whether it is big game mentality, fatigue, or just inadequate players, I believe we still have the craft to dig out a win at home.
All of the above reasons you mentioned are to blame in part along with poch getting it wrong and the ridiculous decision to have a self imposed transfer ban for a couple of windows absolute nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom