Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but can not take any thing positive from this match.
Yes we can. We had the discipline and fitness to play an entire half 2 men down and not concede.

Playing 2 men down is usually just a queue of shots on goal.

We didn’t take our chances, 2 silly sendings off, but we can take a little something.

Everyone here needs to fucking relax. We very narrowly lost 1-0 away, with a very fatigued team.

Miserable bunch of soft cocks and obvious wums on here. We can do Ajax, and we will do Everton.

It really is fucking heartbreaking that a team that was so hard to beat in previous seasons under Poch couldn't have ground out 2 draws from the 13 PL defeats we've suffered which would have seen us back in the CL next season.

Still can't quite get my head around it.
Personal bias aside, we don’t really deserve to be in the CL next year. The thing is, neither do any of the other three.

We’ve lost too many games - if we get there I will be thrilled, but 13 losses is not really the stuff of ‘Champions’.

Honestly, you watch us week after week and you still get people telling us we can't trust kids like KWP, Skipp, Roles etc.

How much worse could they actually be?

13 defeats. That's more than our last two seasons put together.

The only major change is this midfield. We've actually added a forward and still have all the others and AM's, same defenders.

But no, RB is the problem eh??

And it definitely isn't bollocks we are lacking, it's fucking brains.

We need to swap fucking units like Dier and Sissoko for some actual footballers, and we desperately need a player with some wit and composure in the final third or we are going to be fucked next season, even worse than this.

Spurs get normal refereeing in the Champions League because Sky don't own the rights as they do in the PL - they have corrupted the PL to help the teams they like and Spurs are in their way!

Martin Tyler revealed a fact that Chelsea haven't had a player sent off in 72 games (73 now), yet I'd hardly call them a 'clean' team, but Spurs get 2 in one match sent off. Tottenham get the worse refereeing and have some idiotic fans who don't want to see it.

We should have conceded 2 penalties and Dier been off long before Son's red. The ref was shit but only in the sense that he let us get away a few.

Our players lost their heads, only they are responsible for the result.

Honestly, you watch us week after week and you still get people telling us we can't trust kids like KWP, Skipp, Roles etc.

How much worse could they actually be?

13 defeats. That's more than our last two seasons put together.

The only major change is this midfield. We've actually added a forward and still have all the others and AM's, same defenders.

But no, RB is the problem eh??

And it definitely isn't bollocks we are lacking, it's fucking brains.

We need to swap fucking units like Dier and Sissoko for some actual footballers, and we desperately need a player with some wit and composure in the final third or we are going to be fucked next season, even worse than this.

We put a kid on at HT and he got sent off after his 3rd touch.

But does anyone think our squad strength is really good and only City & Liverpools is better? It may amaze you but I don't think that's true is it? Just because some supporters don't lose it over not spending £1bn on a squad doesn't mean that they think the squad depth is really good - it clearly isn't. 18 players really godd - beyond that not so. That's why 6 or 7 injuries destroy our play and have created our problems this season. Taks 6 or 7 key players out of any squad and they will suffer, apart from City, irrespective of depth. That's all.
Yeah they do. I was told on here if you are 3rd you have the 3rd best squad.
Not long ago a few thought we could win the title.
You say "Just because some supporters don't lose it over not spending £1bn on a squad". Who said that? You know deep down you massively over exaggerated there.
People like me want at least some investment in the squad, wasn't asking for 1bn.
You made a massive jump from wanting signings to wanting 1bn spent.
You are doing that thing where if you say you aren't happy with no signings, it must mean you want 1bn spent.
& 1 of the main reasons to invest is to cope better with injuries.
Let's not invest in case we get 7 key players injured? Can't agree with that. Sorry.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Good repost sir LMAO.....

Yes we can. We had the discipline and fitness to play an entire half 2 men down and not concede.

Playing 2 men down is usually just a queue of shots on goal.

We didn’t take our chances, 2 silly sendings off, but we can take a little something.

Everyone here needs to fucking relax. We very narrowly lost 1-0 away, with a very fatigued team.

Miserable bunch of soft cocks and obvious wums on here. We can do Ajax, and we will do Everton.
Why did you stop short saying we will win the cl?

Some of these young players are so high on their own hype, they seem to be lacking the hunger they once had. We need some experience, someone who's been there and done it mix this with young players wanting to prove themselves.

Llorente
Lloris

= 2 x WC winners.

Vert & Toby have been the trenches for years now..... CE carries Denmark on a regular basis.

The quandry remains, mate.

Spot on. This is embarrassing and worse. Unprofessional. Levy needs to fall on his sword and I am thinking his poster boy might need to go too. In 30+ years of Spurs I have never known such a woeful bunch of performances when it actually matters.

Get a grip! .....2 players get THEMSELVES sent off so we must tear the whole club down.

Congrats.... Most hysterical post of the day so far.

Back
Top Bottom