Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky said Dele got a 'huge ovation' because he's a local lad. Was it full of MK fans?

No. He got a good ovation from us. It did look like there was a neutral area above the Watford fans, but they were definitely supporting Tottenham, maybe because of Dele. It was a really good atmosphere. Made we wish we had a more intimate option than NWHL. It was great being close to the players and felt like a hybrid home/away game... which I guess it was!

It was far from ‘full’ of MK dons fans. I thought the neutral section was the section adjacent to the Watford fans (on left looking from cowshed) It certainly filled up before any other section of the ground.
I honestly believe Watford think they are a rival of ours. They even sang the song Woolwich use quoting Jack Wilshere.

Strawman ahoy!
CqPB0hx.jpg

grgr36u.jpg

It was far from ‘full’ of MK dons fans. I thought the neutral section was the section adjacent to the Watford fans (on left looking from cowshed) It certainly filled up before any other section of the ground.
I honestly believe Watford think they are a rival of ours. They even sang the song Woolwich use quoting Jack Wilshere.

Put them in the New Tottenham Rivals category along with Leicester, SCBC, Villa and a myriad of others that Spurs don't give a shit about.

for me it showed a lot of short comes we have
we need to get another left sided centre half (toby did first half, Davidson did second, but they both kept moving to the right)
too much sidewards & backwards passing, If its to create space then the next pass needs to be played quickly, but it appears to be just to keep the ball.
no-one receives the ball turns and goes pass a player thus opening up the game
highest percent of forward passes were Toby's long balls
Davidson seems to get bullied easily
our passing (man to man) was better then last few games, it was at least reaching the player
penatlies were well taken

Enjoyed the experience at a different ground. Was there quite early so went in the Fanzone for a few beers beforehand, which I thought was OK actually, was good to chat with a some people and would be a great idea on a cold day, to hunker down there until 30 mins before kick-off.

Being able to park at a "customers site" 10 minutes from the ground helps, as does the 9 mile drive home. Sorry for those on the trains, I heard it was awful :( .

Right result for us in the end, COYS

Ah, missed the first 65 minutes due to other obligations but seems I arrived at the right time didn't I :)

Well from stats point of view it seems we had a shocker of a 1st half (0 shots on target), but I have to say I am happy and feeling positive about the outcome :) ! We managed to turn things around (though letting them score this fortunate goal was bit dissapointing) and did really well in shootout (I assume it gives Gazzaniga a lot of confidence).

And we managed to do it without Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane, who are most influential 3 players of our squad. So... that is something!

Will watch the first 65 minutes over at some point today / tomorrow, to see how Wanyama and Winks played there :) !

Our play improved radically when Llorente came on.
Moura up top seemed like a fail to me.
Hope we don't do that again.

I felt the opposite, as soon as Llorente came on Watford started defending 10 yards higher up the pitch as they weren't worried about him running in behind.

The game became much more congested and it didn't look like we'd break them down, it was only when their centreback fucked up so badly that we were gifted a chance. (btw I thought you weren't supposed to get a pen and a red card now?)

It's getting very tiring that all these clubs keep on trying to latch on to us

wasn't amazing last night but I personally felt we played with more energy and our passing was much better. To me we looked to be in control for most of it. Shame Gazza was beaten on the near post but there were a few errors that collectivity contributed to the goal. Sissoko did well and had a fair shout for a Pen, Winks looked sharp and Lamella stepping up once again. Watford are no mugs and didn't come to lose. It was a cup game and one we perhaps needed more than them. Disappointed to lose the last goal but felt over the 90mins we deserved the win. Hopefully a rest for Jan, Kane and CE will help them out a bit.

That was pathetic we played a strong side against a 2nd string Watford team who made 10 changes and we probably would have lost it if it wasn't for the penalty and red card. Then we take the lead and don't manage to see the game out against what was near enough Watfords reserves with 10 men. Our fans were crap got out sung for the entire game and then I got home past midnight for a f*****g home game.

Ffs can't handle 10 men average watford team at "home"
I'll let Gary Coleman take it from here:
"Whatchoo talking 'bout Willis?"
It was 10 against 10 at that point... so if maths serves correctly, about EVEN!
And the fact you put "home" in speechmarks shows you already know the answer... we WEREN'T at home... BOTH teams were away... so again, pretty even... if anything, Watford were more Geographically at home than we were... :deledoubt:oh, except Dele... as you were!
I'd say 2-2 on the night was about right.
And as for the Pens... well, we couldn't even stick ALL ours away... oh, hang on! :allitongue:

That was pathetic we played a strong side against a 2nd string Watford team who made 10 changes and we probably would have lost it if it wasn't for the penalty and red card. Then we take the lead and don't manage to see the game out against what was near enough Watfords reserves with 10 men.

First post :sonhmm:
“Ah, but my dear sir, the why must never be obvious. That is the whole point.”

Don't worry guys Gomes will help us go through i know it
He nearly fucking didn't though! Got a glove on two of ours...
Haha, fuck you, Capoue.
The fact he celebrated like a MENTALMAN after the equaliser initially irritated me... but then it dawned on me; this whole 'not celebrating scoring against your former club' thing is a relatively new phenomenon... brought about by probably being scared of offending someone!
But fuck it, it's not like he grew up supporting us... not like he played 500+ games for us... he scored against a former employer, and went nuts with his new employers... I kinda get that, and in a way respect it more that he didn't do a meek hands up 'apology' after scoring a LAST MINUTE EQUALISER in front of his own fans... fair play.
Besides, he more than made up for it with that apology of a Penalty!

Personally I think it was all set-up from the start, to give Dele an early testimonial night had never forget!!
:allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom