Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As good as it is to get the win on penalties, this is seriously troubling how they continue to concede these late goals. Poch needs to sort this out fast if they want to challenge for anything this season.

Yep let’s ignore the 2 seasons we finished above, in the last 3 and let’s ignore all of the other elite clubs as well. Sorry you are right we don’t have one of the best teams in the league, we don’t have one of the best squads as well. It’s valued as one of the most expensive in the game but this is all a lie right - we have the sixth biggest turnover in league that’s all that matters right. Heaven have mercy.

Please stop posting

We beat watford at a neutral ground, in a cup tie, which unluckily went to penalties through a flukey deflected goal and our goalie saved 2 pens. Was a fucking exciting cup tie. I am all for looking at things from all angles and opposite point of views, but fuck sake , how can anyone not enjoy this moment if you are a genuine spurs fan.

Also very impressed with Serge, some very good crosses , 1-2s and solid defensively. Hope his injury or whatever it was isnt too bad. Shoudl be first choice RB now way ahead of Trips.

It was far from ‘full’ of MK dons fans. I thought the neutral section was the section adjacent to the Watford fans (on left looking from cowshed) It certainly filled up before any other section of the ground.
I honestly believe Watford think they are a rival of ours. They even sang the song Woolwich use quoting Jack Wilshere.

Put them in the New Tottenham Rivals category along with Leicester, SCBC, Villa and a myriad of others that Spurs don't give a shit about.

Absolute scenes when Lamela scored, over in the corner - with some matey chased by stewards - what happened? Was quite comical!
Chap from a few rows left of where I was (right side of the goal from those behind it) jumped the ad boards, ran on the pitch into the six yd area, past Gomes and hoofed the now standing ball toward the opposite stand all while celebrating with a “double-Shearer” celeb.

He continued running after the celebrating players and followed them into the stand from what I could see. Stewards were now aware and started legging it toward the celebrating players and the chap managed to wiggle his way through them and started pelting up the steps, with the stewards in hot pursuit. Cue Benny Hill music in my head.

I saw him disappear when he got to the concourse at the top and that’s when the “Yiddo! Yiddo!” chants and pointing in his direction kicked in. No idea if he got nabbed or not. I completely missed the fact that Lamela got booked.

I don’t mind us playing weaker teams in the early rounds, but we should have our best players available on the bench if things don’t go our way. If we get to the later rounds we absolutely should play our strongest team.

I know some people don’t really attach that much importance to trophies, but I certainly do. Sport is about winning after all. The game is about glory, not just profit for a few select people. The stat about us and United being the only teams to win a domestic trophy every decade since the 50s is something I’m very proud of, and this is our last season to keep that record going.

Keep in mind that if we don’t win a trophy this season it will officially be our least successful period (in terms of winning cups) for over 70 years. Pretty sure it already is anyway. Play to win the whole thing.

I was there when we beat hull on penalties in 2013 to end our dismal penalty record.
Lamela missed that night. He was nervy, unsure of himself. I knew he'd miss as I saw him walking up.
Tonight though, I had no doubt.
Lamela is a tougher person than when he arrived. This is my highlight of the night.
It should be yours too.

Strawman ahoy!
CqPB0hx.jpg

grgr36u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom