Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for me it showed a lot of short comes we have
we need to get another left sided centre half (toby did first half, Davidson did second, but they both kept moving to the right)
too much sidewards & backwards passing, If its to create space then the next pass needs to be played quickly, but it appears to be just to keep the ball.
no-one receives the ball turns and goes pass a player thus opening up the game
highest percent of forward passes were Toby's long balls
Davidson seems to get bullied easily
our passing (man to man) was better then last few games, it was at least reaching the player
penatlies were well taken

Ah, missed the first 65 minutes due to other obligations but seems I arrived at the right time didn't I :)

Well from stats point of view it seems we had a shocker of a 1st half (0 shots on target), but I have to say I am happy and feeling positive about the outcome :) ! We managed to turn things around (though letting them score this fortunate goal was bit dissapointing) and did really well in shootout (I assume it gives Gazzaniga a lot of confidence).

And we managed to do it without Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane, who are most influential 3 players of our squad. So... that is something!

Will watch the first 65 minutes over at some point today / tomorrow, to see how Wanyama and Winks played there :) !

Our play improved radically when Llorente came on.
Moura up top seemed like a fail to me.
Hope we don't do that again.

I felt the opposite, as soon as Llorente came on Watford started defending 10 yards higher up the pitch as they weren't worried about him running in behind.

The game became much more congested and it didn't look like we'd break them down, it was only when their centreback fucked up so badly that we were gifted a chance. (btw I thought you weren't supposed to get a pen and a red card now?)

What a weird game...in a home stadium that looks a bit like a Spurs stadium, sounds a bit like a Spurs stadium...but isn't the Spurs stadium...Dele enjoyed himself, but even made time to console the Watford kid that missed his penalty.

I got talked into a camping ‘holiday’ on the Gower Peninsular at the ‘you’ll do anything to please’ stage of a burgeoning relationship. Lovely scenery apparently - not that I could see any of it past the rain and the cow’s arse I spent staring at for seven days from my sweaty nylon cocoon. The nearest pub was 5 miles away, and on the one time we visited it I had to be anaesthetised by a local vet to get me to leave.

Sounds very much like my Summer weeks spent with my parents at Butlins......

What a weird game...in a home stadium that looks a bit like a Spurs stadium, sounds a bit like a Spurs stadium...but isn't the Spurs stadium...Dele enjoyed himself, but even made time to console the Watford kid that missed his penalty.

I can't imagine there's too many nicer stadiums than that outside the PL.

I read that at first that the Fancam was on Penis.......

1358.jpg

I swear Gomes wore those flesh coloured gloves when he played for us as well

Nightmare journey there and back, crap 60 mins, a hooligan pensioner in front of me, who wouldn't sit down and kept swearing, a bar I bypassed because I thought it was the karzi, and they ran out of pies.
Apart from that . . . . very impressed with the stadium, it is a great set up.
Oh and by the way, the Watford fans, with their "What do you think of Tottenham?" bollocks, can fuck right off.
Know your place.
Yep they were getting a bit above themselves......
Why the anti spurs chants?
We haven’t given them cause for that, was at Watford away and there was nothing from us for them to take offence

Back
Top Bottom