Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We beat watford at a neutral ground, in a cup tie, which unluckily went to penalties through a flukey deflected goal and our goalie saved 2 pens. Was a fucking exciting cup tie. I am all for looking at things from all angles and opposite point of views, but fuck sake , how can anyone not enjoy this moment if you are a genuine spurs fan.

Also very impressed with Serge, some very good crosses , 1-2s and solid defensively. Hope his injury or whatever it was isnt too bad. Shoudl be first choice RB now way ahead of Trips.

Plus points: Lamela, Serge, Dele, Gazza, Sonny and Dembele coming on, Toby's passing, winning

Minus points: Davies, Wanyama, Milton Keynes, shitting the bed with 5 mins to go again, Serge's injury

You said the financial disparity is, and I quote, irrelevant. Don't move the goalposts now I've presented hard facts to destroy that argument.

Just be wrong. Own it. Move on.

You'll grow from this experience.

You really are one of the most stupid individuals on here and I say that with limited interaction with you so well done - that’s some achievement.

Again as I said before over the last three years we have a team and squad at least equal to the elite clubs so their added financial capacity has been irrelevant because talent wise it’s been a level playing field. If you cannot comprehend such a basic point then there isn’t much hope for you.

Right lads, the hour is growing late and I only saw the last ten minutes: time for my match report
Lamela's goal was wicked cool. Like something from the matrix.
Watford's equaliser was shit and undeserved. I have this nagging feeling teams smell blood around us even when we're up. Work on this please. Make these bottom feeders scared to play football again.
Didn't see much else.

This season we seem to play like were stoned. We can probably be dopey against Huddersfield and still win, so this isn't that pressing a concern. I'm fairly confident we'll find our grove and start fucking shit up again.

Winning on penalties is great. Was pretty confident all through the shootout that we'd win. Llorente was the only guy I thought could miss, but he was like 'fuck that imma hit the roof and shit'.
Absolutley based.

You really are one of the most stupid individuals on here and I say that with limited interaction with you so well done - that’s some achievement.

Again as I said before over the last three years we have a team and squad at least equal to the elite clubs so their added financial capacity has been irrelevant because talent wise it’s been a level playing field. If you cannot comprehend such a basic point then there isn’t much hope for you.
I take that as a compliment from you. So, thank you.

So, you're saying when Kyle Walker (£50m), Benjamin Mendy (£49.2m), Danilo (£26.9m) and goalkeeper Ederson (£34.7m) - in addition to midfielders Bernardo Silva (£43m) and Douglas Luiz (£10m) were bought to add depth to City, this is an irrelevance?

Lol. This is what pride does to you when you've been made to look a fool. You say some silly shit to try claw that integrity back.

Our squad is not equal to City's. Ye dumb hick ye.

Everyone is wrong at some point lil buddy. This is your time. Own it.

Back
Top Bottom