Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier has been way better than Trips recently, so what the fuck are you on about
Basically, what we all hoped last season (aurier + Rose first choice pairing), has almost taken a year to appear

If Ben can sort himself out though we have 4 really workable FB combinations, which we can then use depending on who we face, how we set up midfield, etc...

Yes, weve had a rough few months, but we always do. It always kicks in late October (yes, too late for a title charge) but we aren't that far away from everything clicking with this squad

However, if Ben continues his form, then he will be playing back up homegrown only...

You really are one of the most stupid individuals on here and I say that with limited interaction with you so well done - that’s some achievement.

Again as I said before over the last three years we have a team and squad at least equal to the elite clubs so their added financial capacity has been irrelevant because talent wise it’s been a level playing field. If you cannot comprehend such a basic point then there isn’t much hope for you.
Lol our squad is not equal to Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea's , I fancy our best 11 to give anyone a game but in terms of our squad you've got to be having a laugh.

It’s a level playing field talent wise - the financial disparity has been irrelevant for the last 3 seasons. How many times does this need to be said before the penny drops hey? Jesus why waste my time with this level of bullshit?
Perfect example of an intellitard

Educated, able to articulate yourself but with the logic of a proper dunce.

You will ignore most of football history and it's evidence. It's amazing.

I take that as a compliment from you. So, thank you.

So, you're saying when Kyle Walker (£50m), Benjamin Mendy (£49.2m), Danilo (£26.9m) and goalkeeper Ederson (£34.7m) - in addition to midfielders Bernardo Silva (£43m) and Douglas Luiz (£10m) were bought to add depth to City, this is an irrelevance?

Lol. This is what pride does to you when you've been made to look a fool. You say some silly shit to try claw that integrity back.

Our squad is not equal to City's. Ye dumb hick ye.

Everyone is wrong at some point lil buddy. This is your time. Own it.

Yep let’s ignore the 2 seasons we finished above, in the last 3 and let’s ignore all of the other elite clubs as well. Sorry you are right we don’t have one of the best teams in the league, we don’t have one of the best squads as well. It’s valued as one of the most expensive in the game but this is all a lie right - we have the sixth biggest turnover in league that’s all that matters right. Heaven have mercy.

Lol our squad is not equal to Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea's , I fancy our best 11 to give anyone a game but in terms of our squad you've got to be having a laugh.

At present we have one equal to Liverpool’s and Chelsea’s absolutely and over the previous 3 seasons which is the timeframe of reference that has absolutely the case . But hey I may have imagined us finishing above Chelsea, Liverpool and City twice out of those 3 seasons.

Yep let’s ignore the 2 seasons we finished above, in the last 3 and let’s ignore all of the other elite clubs as well. Sorry you are right we don’t have one of the best teams in the league, we don’t have one of the best squads as well. It’s valued as one of the most expensive in the game but this is all a lie right - we have the sixth biggest turnover in league that’s all that matters right. Heaven have mercy.
See this is textbook humiliation.

You're now putting words in others mouths. Just because you're being shown up you're now saying that I'm saying we don't have a great side (I've not said that) or squad (nope not said that either). What I've actually said is that our squad is not as good as City's. Liverpool have also gone past us squad-wise. Guess how they did that, lad? That ''irrelevant'' thing called money.

You are a textbook case.

Who's ignoring the years we finished above them? You're actually proving my point by bringing it up. Because how did they, after finishing below us, then storm to the League title in record style? That old ''irrelevant'' thing again. That money, money, money.

You're playing yourself here.

We beat watford at a neutral ground, in a cup tie, which unluckily went to penalties through a flukey deflected goal and our goalie saved 2 pens. Was a fucking exciting cup tie. I am all for looking at things from all angles and opposite point of views, but fuck sake , how can anyone not enjoy this moment if you are a genuine spurs fan.

Also very impressed with Serge, some very good crosses , 1-2s and solid defensively. Hope his injury or whatever it was isnt too bad. Shoudl be first choice RB now way ahead of Trips.
Definitely one of those games that you will remember for a long time. Managing to come back into a game like this and survive a shoot out should do our lads some good mentally (even if they dropped it).

Good and bad factors to take from the game obviously but we won and are on to the next round so time to celebrate

There were a lot of negatives. A lot.
But im just gonna ignore all that for a day and enjoy a really good feeling after the game.
Thank God we soldier through.
I think Sonny is to thank cos he gave Gazza the belief again by patting his back so vigorously.
Also, Gomes talking shit to Llorente probably makes him channel inner super saiyan, what a crazy penalty.
Lamela ohh Lamela, you made me fall in love again. Not sure which one the better, pass that feints 4 people or that cool finish.
Aurier is really good.

I feel that in this stadium, the atmosphere is way better. A lot of noise.

Havent slept now almost 5 AM but very happy with my choices.

See this is textbook humiliation.

You're now putting words in others mouths. Just because you're being shown up you're now saying that I'm saying we don't have a great side (I've not said that) or squad (nope not said that either). What I've actually said is that our squad is not as good as City's. Liverpool have also gone past us squad-wise. Guess how they did that, lad? That ''irrelevant'' thing called money.

You are a textbook case.

Who's ignoring the years we finished above them? You're actually proving my point by bringing it up. Because how did they, afte finishing below us, then storm to the League title in record style? That old ''irrelevant'' thing again. That money, money, money.

You're playing yourself here.

Liverpool don’t have a squad better than us - just how many time does it need to be said?

But hey it’s a text book humiliation- no evidence for this but you said it so must be a fact. In comparison to others on here you a pretty bad at this and that is saying something.

Back
Top Bottom