Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Careful with Asda Parking

"No football parking is permitted at the Asda shop adjacent to the stadium or at the MK1 retail park. A Parking Charge Notice of £60 will be issued for cars identified as parking for football or those exceeding the two-hour parking period."

Surely you just nip and buy a bottle of water - they can't stop paying customers from parking in the car park

I don’t mind us playing weaker teams in the early rounds, but we should have our best players available on the bench if things don’t go our way. If we get to the later rounds we absolutely should play our strongest team.

I know some people don’t really attach that much importance to trophies, but I certainly do. Sport is about winning after all. The game is about glory, not just profit for a few select people. The stat about us and United being the only teams to win a domestic trophy every decade since the 50s is something I’m very proud of, and this is our last season to keep that record going.

Keep in mind that if we don’t win a trophy this season it will officially be our least successful period (in terms of winning cups) for over 70 years. Pretty sure it already is anyway. Play to win the whole thing.

We win for the first time in ages and the next day sammyspurs sammyspurs decides to bin himself and take a vacation.

What a loss, always enjoyed reading his take on everything regarding the club.

Looks like he won't be back until another 'crisis' emerges.

I don’t mind us playing weaker teams in the early rounds, but we should have our best players available on the bench if things don’t go our way. If we get to the later rounds we absolutely should play our strongest team.
Agree with the last bits. But am not so sure about the first bit.
We plays weaker team to rest important players. So i dont quite like the idea of Kane gets on at 60-65 when things dont go our way.
Yes they might only plays 20-30', but the intensity and panic period will drain their fatigue nevertheless, my opinion of course.

Having said that, if the bench is very weak, i do believe it affects our confidence on the pitch. Idk, maybe bring some great players on the bench like Dele who needs less rest.

The challenge for me is to motivate the so called B team to perform. Because usually the way they plays are much less than the sum of their parts. And that one is on Poch.

Poch will definitely plays weaker team and the key players on the bench as usual. I hope there will be something different.

It’s actually like people now have resigned to the fact trophies don’t matter anymore . It’s just about playing cl . Going out , then trying to qualify , to the go out again . You then have the nutters that think we can win the league or the cl . The game has gone . Totally gone

That is the game unfortunately. Money talks. We didn’t build our stadium off the back of a League Cup win or even winning it every year. Those figures wouldn’t add up.

And the second string we are talking about playing will be earning somewhere between 15-40k a week per player. Sometimes a lot more.
You need to give those players time on the pitch. Not only for financial but development purposes too.

The stakes are so high for managers now, dropping them into a league game is usually off the back off seeing them perform elsewhere first.
This cup is the most likely for that to happen to see how close they are to the first team.

You don’t like it then top level football is probably not for you right now.

Gazz
Foyth - Sanchez - Davies
KWP - Winks - Wanyama - Aurier
Lamela - Llorente - Son​

Can it win? Maybe. If Watford play their top XI maybe not though.
It's pretty much our lowest priority competition at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing our fringe players get a chance to play a full 90' for us again.​

I'd like to see Parrott play up front.
Aye aye sir
parrot-football-banned.jpg

Surely you just nip and buy a bottle of water - they can't stop paying customers from parking in the car park
Here's another little 'life cheat' loophole...
if you have a 'bag of bags' at home (you know the thing I mean) then there's bound to be an ASDA one in there somewhere... there always is!
Dig THAT out, put the rest of the bags IN it, and leave it on the back seat!

Any 'jobsworth' parking attendant will think you've simply done the shopping, and er... popped back in 'cos you forgot to get Ketchup!

ADDITIONAL Tip: don't leave your half and half scarf on the back shelf!!
:kanehand:

Was thinking about getting a couple of tickets for this one.

Can jet down the M1 in just over an hour and not be back too late. New Stadium i haven't been to before and have a look at some youth players that will hopefully be given a shot.

But, moral objection to the franchise aside, i think i'm gonna give it a miss. There is a good chance that 20% plus of the stadium is gonna be naturals now, more than likely with a good few Watford fans that have got hold of "home" tickets. It will make for a strange atmosphere - may be very subdued.... and if its a difficult game, which it probably will be, then i can see a lot of fans getting on the teams back early on, considering our form recently.

I would hope our away fans represent us well as they always do, but gonna hold out for a ticket for Huddersfield instead i reckon (cough, cough...anyone?)

Back
Top Bottom