Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That much was entirely evident. Just JT doing JT things....
How does Not a single Person thinks we can beat Barcelona, a statement clearly made to piss on my view that we shouldn't just accept defeat as inevitable, equate to in general?

Last edited:
Really? Winning the League Cup the height of your ambition?

Hmm, I tend to disagree and I suspect Poch feels the same way. It's only a cup worth taking seriously once you reach the last 8. Before? Just an extra fixture or two that ideally one could do without.

Domestic cups aren't all that anymore, sorry.
Yeah because we’ve won so much haven’t we . Yeah fuck it your right , let’s just fuck it off . It’s all about playing in the cl . Hope they haven’t bothered bringing a trophy cabinet into the new stadium . Mind you could always frame the balance sheet , or a cl qualification letter , stick that in it couldn’t we ?

Containing such "so-called" players beyond the generally accepted first XI:

Moura (more of a this season thing, granted)
Lamela
Rose/Davies/KWP (rotation)
Aurier/Trippier/KWP (rotation)
Sanchez
Foyth (who entirely looks the part so far)
Wanyama
Winks
Sissoko
Llorente (meh, granted, but we didn't know then what we know now)
GKN (meh, but barely even makes the bench)

...Foolishness on your part.
Haven’t exactly breezed through these domestic cup competitions in recent years with this “great” squad have we ? How many replays . We have won fuck all . We can’t be arrogant like last season . Our squad is not good enough .
Foolish on your part

Yeah because we’ve won so much haven’t we . Yeah fuck it your right , let’s just fuck it off . It’s all about playing in the cl . Hope they haven’t bothered bringing a trophy cabinet into the new stadium . Mind you could always frame the balance sheet , or a cl qualification letter , stick that in it couldn’t we ?

Ha, prepare to be disappointed mate!

The Caribou Cup isn't a priority, that's it. The last time we won it, whilst it was a great day, lead to fuck all in fact we sold our best two players that summer and then had our worst start to a season since the Titanic sunk!

All teams rotate during the early rounds of the domestic cup competitions. That's just the reality. Accept it and get pissed off about something else.

Sheesh.

The Caribou Cup isn't a priority, that's it. The last time we won it, whilst it was a great day, lead to fuck all in fact we sold our best two players that summer and then had our worst start to a season since the Titanic sunk!

All teams rotate during the early rounds of the domestic cup competitions. That's just the reality. Accept it and get pissed off about something else.

Sheesh.
What’s being in the cl led to then ? Not exactly had quality players queuing up at the door to come to us has it ?

Jesus, fans like you make me sick . Yet if we were to win it you will boasting to other fans about us winning a trophy , and deep down you couldn’t give a fuck about it . Yet you would happily take a ticket for the final wouldn’t you . Disgusting you modern day fans . No wonder this game has disappeared up it own arse

What’s being in the cl led to then ? Not exactly had quality players queuing up at the door to come to us has it ?

Jesus, fans like you make me sick . Yet if we were to win it you will boasting to other fans about us winning a trophy , and deep down you couldn’t give a fuck about it . Yet you would happily take a ticket for the final wouldn’t you . Disgusting you modern day fans . No wonder this game has disappeared up it own arse

Boast about winning the League fucking Cup? Erm, why? I wouldn't boast about our winning any trophy. I couldn't give a fuck what fans of other clubs think.

I was there in '08, it was great but honestly I thought it would it lead to better things. It didn't. Getting into the CL IS important, allows you to keep hold of your better players which we generally have.

Mate if you're only in it for the trophies maybe you should support somebody else. To me your attitude us what is wrong with modern day fans, self-entitled whinging bastards who think their team should be winning everything each and every season and when they don't demand the manager to be sacked and go around thinking 'Woe is me, why do I support such a sucky team".

Grow the fuck up!

Boast about winning the League fucking Cup? Erm, why? I wouldn't boast about our winning any trophy. I couldn't give a fuck what fans of other clubs think.

I was there in '08, it was great but honestly I thought it would it lead to better things. It didn't. Getting into the CL IS important, allows you to keep hold of your better players which we generally have.

Mate if you're only in it for the trophies maybe you should support somebody else. To me your attitude us what is wrong with modern day fans, self-entitled whinging bastards who think their team should be winning everything each and every season and when they don't demand the manager to be sacked and go around thinking 'Woe is me, why do I support such a sucky team".

Grow the fuck up!
I’m one of those fans that wants to win everything every season ?? Only in it for the trophies ? ha ha ha . We haven’t won anything in fucking years . Jesus Christ lmao . If we had won something recently I would agree with you .

I’m realistic enough to know that we stand 2 chances of winning a trophy . And you arnt arsed. Speaks volumes about you mate it really does . If qualifying for the cl each year is just what you want . Fair enough . Good on you . Prick

I’m one of those fans that wants to win everything every season ?? Only in it for the trophies ? ha ha ha . We haven’t won anything in fucking years . Jesus Christ lmao . If we had won something recently I would agree with you .

I’m realistic enough to know that we stand 2 chances of winning a trophy . And you arnt arsed. Speaks volumes about you mate it really does . If qualifying for the cl each year is just what you want . Fair enough . Good on you . Prick

Whatever man. Go and write to Levy and/or Poch, tell them you are in desperate of something to boast about. I'm sure they'll give a fuck!

Wanker.

:dembelefingers:

Fuck I'm so conflicted........how many more trophyless years do we need before you give up?
It’s actually like people now have resigned to the fact trophies don’t matter anymore . It’s just about playing cl . Going out , then trying to qualify , to the go out again . You then have the nutters that think we can win the league or the cl . The game has gone . Totally gone

My favourite thing is to guess what our line-up will look in a cup.

------------------Gazza---------------------
--Aurier--Sanchez--Foyth--KWP--
----------Wanyama--Winks-----------
--Sissoko-------Alli-------N'Koudou--
-----------------Llorente--------------------

Subs: Vorm/Whiteman, Davies, Toby, Trippier, Amos/Skipp, Lamela, Lucas.

Dont know about N'Koudou. He could well be on the bench or nowhere near it but we'll see. If on the bench then Lamela is replacing him. Some of our players need a rest(Verts, Kane, Son) or need to overthink their last games because of not the very best performances(Dier, Dembele)

Think Amos or Skipp will get a chance with a sub while Sissoko and Alli need game time to get back in it.

Son needs a rest after Asian Games or needs a game where he could score and get his confidence back.

Anyhow we need to win and try to win this cup. This squad would look good enough.

Sissoko for the hattrick.

It’s actually like people now have resigned to the fact trophies don’t matter anymore . It’s just about playing cl . Going out , then trying to qualify , to the go out again . You then have the nutters that think we can win the league or the cl . The game has gone . Totally gone

Playing in the CL is the most important thing, it's the only way to become competitive without being financially doped.

The FA and the Football League could make their respective cups far more desirable if they wanted to, the prestige of the FA Cup has only waned because you get fuck all for winning it - set the prize money accordingly and clubs will want to win it more than just staying in the PL or qualifying for Europe.

The Caribou Cup isn't a priority, that's it. .
Maybe not. But another Levy apologist said on the previous page we should use our squad players for this game, but he didn't mind if we lost to Barcelona..
So the champions league isn't a priority either?...
So it seems the only priority is qualifying for a competition which isn't a priority when we get there?
Confusing? Or is it just about the money?

I don't know if you have noticed, but people with indescribable amounts of money now buy clubs and and pay mental salaries to players - and they have changed the landscape of the game.
It isn't what it used to be, so now its simpler to support your club and just hope they don't do anything dumb, whilst trying to knock out nights like RM at Wembley.

How would you feel if we rested all the best players for league games, played the first XI in the league cup - ended the season below the european places (9th?) and lost to Man Citeh in the league cup final?

or even the FA cup final?

I'm happy for the club to do as well as it can, qualify for the CL and keep the good players and fill the stadium with fellow Yids - and play the game the Tottenham way.

So we are risking an opportunity to win a trophy , by fielding a weak side, to try and qualify for a competition that we are going out of . We will the drop down into another completion in the europa which we will then field another weak side , to try and qualify for the original competition , that we have no chance of winning . On top of that we will then risk the fa cup and field another week side to try and qualify for the original competition .

Modern day football 2018 , Jesus Christ on the cross . If you were able to go back twenty years and tell them what the game is like in 2018 they would probably section you .

I would have no problem finishing 9th if we got to a cup final by taking it seriously even if we lost . I actually do not give a flying fuck about the cl . Never have . It’s a joke of a competition

Back
Top Bottom