Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Darts of the non-sporting variety....?

We've all been there. :pochsulk::dierpochhug:

Yeah, the thought of 7 days of uninterrupted sex in a tent is a powerful motivator when you’re 16, but like most things in life the grim reality soon comes to the fore. We were once interrupted by a dairy farmer from Beddgelert asking for the keys to the shower hut (if indeed such a grandiose title could be conferred on the ghastly swamp that was our sole means of keeping a semblance of cleanliness).

(btw I thought you weren't supposed to get a pen and a red card now?)
The rule change was that you don't send him off just for being for last man, you send him off if he wasn't making a genuine tackle. So as this one was from behind and never getting near the ball the new rule doesn't apply; it wasn't a genuine attempt for the ball so a red card. Not that anyone on the TV highlights seems even vaguely aware of that rule.

I'm on a really boring conference call at work so I thought I'd give my tuppence worth regarding the game last night. Got to Euston to see that every train was delayed but managed to get one just after 6pm. In row J in the cowshed and probably sung more than I have done in the last season and a bit. Loved the ground, but getting in took ages. Game was OK, especially second half, but concerned that we are giving away late goals, we seem to have lost the knack of closing the game off. Thank goodness no extra time and straight to penalties, thought all of ours did a good job, i.e they all went in. All in all, enjoyed the novelty of a new ground but would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been a night game.

This has to be a fatigue thing, either energy or concentration is just slipping.

That said against Brighton with Kane on top form we win that 4-0 and he takes the match ball.....
and last night 10 vs 10 just turns into a basketball game as there is loads more space

Yeah, the thought of 7 days of uninterrupted sex in a tent is a powerful motivator when you’re 16, but like most things in life the grim reality soon comes to the fore. We were once interrupted by a dairy farmer from Beddgelert asking for the keys to the shower hut (if indeed such a grandiose title could be conferred on the ghastly swamp that was our sole means of keeping a semblance of cleanliness).

Hahahah.... I too have starred in that movie... Probably an LSD plot twist or two in there along the way too.

Today: Glamping. :dembelewtf:

Atmosphere and proximity to the players and pitch was amazing, it’s a well built stadium. The travel there, parking and travel home was shocking. M25 junction closed, A5 was super slow and took me three hours to get home. But worth it I guess.

Absolute scenes when Lamela scored, over in the corner - with some matey chased by stewards - what happened? Was quite comical!

I got talked into a camping ‘holiday’ on the Gower Peninsular at the ‘you’ll do anything to please’ stage of a burgeoning relationship. Lovely scenery apparently - not that I could see any of it past the rain and the cow’s arse I spent staring at for seven days from my sweaty nylon cocoon. The nearest pub was 5 miles away, and on the one time we visited it I had to be anaesthetised by a local vet to get me to leave.

Sounds very much like my Summer weeks spent with my parents at Butlins......

1358.jpg

What a weird game...in a home stadium that looks a bit like a Spurs stadium, sounds a bit like a Spurs stadium...but isn't the Spurs stadium...Dele enjoyed himself, but even made time to console the Watford kid that missed his penalty.

I can't imagine there's too many nicer stadiums than that outside the PL.

What a weird game...in a home stadium that looks a bit like a Spurs stadium, sounds a bit like a Spurs stadium...but isn't the Spurs stadium...Dele enjoyed himself, but even made time to console the Watford kid that missed his penalty.

I was thinking how much the Stadium resembled the old WHL... especially the Away/Park Lane goalmouth... looked really similar in size and layout...

In fact, I wonder if that was in their thinking when choosing a stadium, 'cos surely upon Shirley, there would have been other alternatives in London...?
OK, so not the Emirates or Olympic Stadium, obviously, Chelsea probably wouldn't have wanted 'our sort' treating Stamford Bridge like home for an evening either...
but there are other grounds too... Selhurst or The Valley may have been 'fun'... but also a bitch to get to... Loftus Road (and Griffin Park/Brisbane Rd etc. would've been too small... and seeing as we didn't wanna switch to Vicarage Road - which, under the circumstances of how last night's game played out, probably would've seen us go out! Craven Cottage seemed to have been the only other viable option....

Thinking about it, Stadium M:K was probably about the right choice all things considered!
So in answer to my own question; ...actually, no, there's probably not!!

I was thinking how much the Stadium resembled the old WHL... especially the Away/Park Lane goalmouth... looked really similar in size and layout...

In fact, I wonder if that was in their thinking when choosing a stadium, 'cos surely upon Shirley, there would have been other alternatives in London...?
OK, so not the Emirates or Olympic Stadium, obviously, Chelsea probably wouldn't have wanted 'our sort' treating Stamford Bridge like home for an evening either...
but there are other grounds too... Selhurst or The Valley may have been 'fun'... but also a bitch to get to... Loftus Road (and Griffin Park/Brisbane Rd etc. would've been too small... and seeing as we didn't wanna switch to Vicarage Road - which, under the circumstances of how last night's game played out, probably would've seen us go out! Craven Cottage seemed to have been the only other viable option....

Thinking about it, Stadium M:K was probably about the right choice all things considered!
So in answer to my own question; ...actually, no, there's probably not!!
The EFL told us that we had to nominate a stadium before the draw. That meant it had to be a club already out of the tournament, since the others could have been drawn at home - ruling out Craven Cottage and Selhurst Park for instance even though Fulham and Palace eventually played away. Leagues 1 and 2 also had a set of midweek fixtures (with games involving clubs still in the cup postponed), which ruled out The Valley since Charlton were at home. So in this case I think the club's telling the truth - there probably weren't any viable stadiums in London for the game.

Normally when I do my lawns he comes out for a chat but after ManU lost to Derby he’s kept a low profile which was why , for me, last nights game was a ‘must win ‘!!

He’s also very pissed off with Jose and his anti football so in the grand tradition of once someone is down I make sure that they stay there
He had z field day after the FA cup semi so revenge is sweet

Yanited got beat
Maureen still the manager

:dembelelol:

I read that at first that the Fancam was on Penis.......

Back
Top Bottom