Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EXy03cc.gif

Lewis Holtby
A tribute to the german legend!! ..
I feel very happy with my first goal and am delighted to have played with the lads after i was out injurred 9 weeks!
Its what i love to do, beeing on that green grass.. Thank you all for your great support,
Wish everyone a great night!
Keep working hard for more to hopefully come!
Buzzin for the North London Derby on sunday!
Like · · Share · 11814 · 3 minutes ago ·

1150186_10151770507129404_1861901335_n.jpg

If there is anybody i want to be a big success at Spurs, it is Lewis.

He has got stuck in straight away with the team and the fans, and his passion is awesome.

Fuck :avbfacepalm: We already have Aaron Lennon for that.
'And Lennon is clean away here only the keeper to beat! He slips it square... Holtby!!! ..takes a touch and gives it back to Lennon, it must be! No, Lennon crosses it back for Holtby to tap in.. he passes it back to Lennon. Both players look completely bewildered'

Those stats are league only.

Ok let me put it this way. Eriksen playing and on form is our most creative force since Sherwood has been in charge. Holtby if given the same opportunity can (not saying will) at least match that. Both on top of their game are probably (in my view - based on what I've seen, not just with Spurs) some of the most creative players in the world - I'd say at a level just below the likes of Ozil (apologies for using a Gooner twat as an example).
Agree that Holtby is quite capable of offering just as much as any other player we have. I think a lot of people get bogged down in the "he's an enthusiastic cutey" bollocks, and actually overlook his footballing ability, which is undeniable. He had a great December, and we have barely seen him since, yet he STILL has a smile on his face after leaving a Champions League club to now play for our reserves.

All the shit that we give players these days that show no loyalty or passion for the shirt, we have a quality young lad who does, and we're all patting him on the back wishing him the best wherever he goes?

We'd be mugs to sell him.

I get he cheated (not that it's any of our business) and he's a bit of a scumbag in people's eyes, but it always annoys me that these slags who KNOW he's with someone already, act like they never replied to texts and almost fell into a cab to the players hotel, and then slipped onto his cock. Afterwards they act high and mighty, saying his girlfriend 'deserves' to know... No what his girlfriend deserved was you to stop texting him and not meet up and shag him.

:dawsonmean:

Just got back from the game. We were SHIT first half, kept the ball quite well, but created nothing with it. Very slow, lacked urgency and any penetration. Holtby was crap, let down by a very poor first touch and shocking passing. I am calling him out as you would expect him to be the star of the show, head and shoulder above the rest and I am afraid he was not.

Second half could not have been more different. We play a very high line at the back. We were very quick and pressed in all areas. Totally dominated possession, much of which was played a a very high tempo. Great movement throughout the team from deffensive, though to midfield and attack. Holtby, much improved too, but the whole team were better. So, was he a standout performer, a class above the rest? In short I don't think he was. If AVB was watching Holtby wouldn't make the bench based on this evening. A great goal he did score which was nice to see.

As for Wet Spam, they play in Big Sam's own image, very direct mostly long ball. They deserved to be in the lead as when they hoofed it up it put us under pressure at the back and from that they were more of a threat than us. In the second half I think they only attacked us 3 or 4 times. Their best chance comming from a fortuitous interception from Holtby's attempted pass that came off the ref.

I hope when Holtby comes back into the first team he makes you all look like absolute mugs. You have no reason to get on his back based on half a season. This is Sandro all over again.

I was referring to his performance in a specific game

Samuel, I expect better from you

What game?

This one....
Naughton is slowing our counter attacks every single time. wtf!

or this one...
Dawson and Naughton - poor

Perhaps this one....
No Parker and Naughton, please!
Rest of the team picks itself - Holtby deserves a start, imv

This game...?
Naughton - 4 - poor

Or this one....
Naughton - 4

Surely its this one....
Guido said
IMO It was Verts who was at fault for the goal not Naughton.

to which you replied
I don't disagree, mate - simply expected 24 year-old Naughton to put up a fight at least.

before going to say....
Naughton - 5 - outrun by 32-year old Berba for their goal

Nope...Ive found that "specific game"...its this one
Naughton - 5 - out of position many a times

Or was it this one..?
Naughton - 5

Or this one......?
LewisSpurs said:

Ade and Naughton both not expected to return until 29th. So wouldn't expect to see either of them feature at any point v Carlisle

To which you replied

:gallashmm:

The King of Throughballs, my kinda player :D

I do think Lewis is most useful though when legs are getting tired or desperate, the game is getting stretched, and space opens up for the counter and the kind of one-thrust, one-kill passes he likes to play ... whereas Eriksen's more careful web-building is more useful against the deeper, more organized defenses that have bunkered down for the long siege, where you need to tease or provoke them out like an angry hedgehog before ghosting in through the side.

In attack, from the glimpses we've had so far, Holtby likes to face the play to pick out the final ball, whereas Eriksen seems to have a preternatural 360-degree awareness of everyone around him. Off the ball, even without the greatest pace, both have demonstrated the mobility necessary to thrive in our system - Holtby more in a defensive sense, nipping wildly at heels like a cooped-up Jack Russell on speed, and Eriksen more in a possession sense, constantly floating around to offer an out-ball in the Modric fashion.

I don't consider one above the either atm, even if Eriksen has the more promise and will likely be our "starting" no. 10. They are both showing the qualities of a great playmaker, just slightly different ones in style - and that's something we should be very pleased about, considering how highly the opposition and contexts will vary this season. It's not just about depth, but about options: chemistry and flair, cold-blooded intellect and the hot fuel of raw emotion, a measured team ethos and pure 'fuck it' courage. We're going to need everything to do something special this season.

Fucking love this bloke, he's proper Spursy and give's 110% every game he plays - sometimes it's not all about having the best technical ability in the world - he's just 'Tottenham' to me, can't describe it any other way.

Looked like he was ready to cry after the Liverpool game, and if I remember rightly was one of the only players to even acknowledge the fans after the City one - would be gutted to see him go, and pretty embarrassed that we'd be letting the Germany U21 Captain go after only a year, just because the new manager wants to swing his bollocks around a bit.

Surely getting him out on loan to another PL team would be the best option?
I don't feel he's ever had a proper run of games with us; give him 8-10 consecutive games with a Villa, West Brom or someone then I'm sure we'd begin to see what he's made of?

(obviously, I'm not saying any of this is the case at all - just writing under the assumption the ITK is true)

Back
Top Bottom