Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maniac.

article-1314231-0B4AD679000005DC-27_468x286.jpg

I thought he deserved a go against the Woolwich in place of the ineffectual Dembele. However Dembele seems to have upped his game again recently and Eriksen has taken a place as well. Should Lewis be competing against Siggy/Chadli for a place on the left instead?

The thing is Siggy is starting to find some form out on the left, also let's not forget the goal he scored against the Chavs last season. Chadli who people seemed to be unfairly targetting as a scapegoat scored last night, which is a good confidence booster. Players are starting to play and it's a question that only AVB can answer, at least it's nice to have this headache of who to play. As everyone seems to be playing pretty well and making a case for why they should be starting.

I don't think we need to sacrifice a left winger for the sake of getting Eriksen and Holtby on the field at the same time. I'm with you guys in the over-awe of finally having some creativity from the CAM spot, but it's worked well playing one until late to bring the other on.

Cannot wait for him to score his first league goal as you know he would properly celebrate it. Hopefully it'll be a last minute winner against the Chavs.

Fairly certain my heart would explode if this were to happen. Hard to think of a better way to go out.

Holtby's persona is just so infectious. He's always really happy, seems to have the right attitude on and off the pitch. He looks like he's prepared to scrap and at the same time can really pass the ball and score the occasional screamer. I couldn't understand why our fans were getting on his back last season after he'd been fast tracked into the club and was still very much a newbie adapting to the system. Now that he's had a pre-season and come back from injury he's really starting to show why we signed him in the first place. I would be extremely disappointed if he was shipped out as we've yet to see the best of him.

If anything I think he would be better suited out on the left as he has the experience of playing across the midfield. Didn't he play out wide left for both Aachen and VfL Bochum during his early career?

And as an LAM in my FIFA 2011 career mode. (BTW, my CAM was Eriksen and I won the league and cup double. #justsayin')

Holtby's persona is just so infectious. He's always really happy, seems to have the right attitude on and off the pitch. He looks like he's prepared to scrap and at the same time can really pass the ball and score the occasional screamer. I couldn't understand why our fans were getting on his back last season after he'd been fast tracked into the club and was still very much a newbie adapting to the system. Now that he's had a pre-season and come back from injury he's really starting to show why we signed him in the first place. I would be extremely disappointed if he was shipped out as we've yet to see the best of him.

I can't fathom why we'd want to ship Holtby out. He seems to have great potential and superb ability already, and as you mentioned his attitude is brilliant.

I predict he'll be a fan favourite who will only leave if he himself chooses to.

I can't fathom why we'd want to ship Holtby out. He seems to have great potential and superb ability already, and as you mentioned his attitude is brilliant.

I predict he'll be a fan favourite who will only leave if he himself chooses to.

There's no reason we would want to, it would just be a matter of him wanting more playing time. He does seem happy at the club though, so I hope both he and Eriksen stick around for years to come.

There's no reason we would want to, it would just be a matter of him wanting more playing time. He does seem happy at the club though, so I hope both he and Eriksen stick around for years to come.

I might be in the minority with this opinion, I've not been on this forum long enough to gauge it yet, but I personally think Holtby is the better player overall to Eriksen.

Time will tell.

I might be in the minority with this opinion, I've not been on this forum long enough to gauge it yet, but I personally think Holtby is the better player overall to Eriksen.

Time will tell.

I think Holtby would be able to play in a deeper role or on the wings if needed. I'm not doubting the fact that Eriksen doesn't have the skill to do so, but I don't think he has the playing style that would suit those roles. Might be wrong though. All in all, exciting times lie ahead.

Time will tell.

Can't argue with you, and I'm a huge Eriksen fan. But Holtby has returned this season with a vengeance after his injury and struggling to adjust last spring. Pleasantly surprised for one.

Holtby will play anywhere across the midfield because his attitude seems to be brilliant, but I loved him behind the striker yesterday in that #10 role. I honestly think that'll be where we see the best from him.

However, if we can fit both Holtby and Eriksen into the side without screwing up the balance, then fantastic.

I'm just loathe to leave out one of the big lads in deeper central midfield. Between Sandro, Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho, we have some absolute monsters to dominate the centre of the park.

The way our midfield is set up playing nominally deeper does not mean a player cannot effect play in forward areas.

Look at Dembele and Paulinho and the positions they find themselves in, yet they are our midfield base!

Holtby has the energy and drive to do his defensive duties AND get forward as a spare man and make a difference.

Obviously dependent on the type of game we face (sometimes Sandro will be a must for example) but in general terms I have no issue at all with Holtby starting in either of those deeper positions.

Back
Top Bottom