Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do quite like Lewis but I can see where the doubts about his attitude are coming from, I can see him being a bit too childish for Sherwood. For me it was summed up by the way he celebrated his goal in the U21's game against Charlton.

He is clearly a good player, not sure he will ever be great.
I would call it enthusiasm, not childishness. Every video I have seen of him, he has a beaming smile, eager as anything, so keen to play and work hard. I would say Walker comes across more immature without the same dedication (not saying I don't like/rate Walker - just a comparison).

I honestly think that we will regret letting him go. He's a fantastic talent and I genuinely believe he has what it takes. I worry that as soon as we sell him, he will slot into a team and start scoring goals, and we will once again be left thinking what could have been...

I'd rather see Capoue go, given we are playing a flat 4 midfield. I think Holtby can fit into our team, and he has been unfairly dropped since TS took charge. He'd scored a few goals just before that (Fulham, Anzhi - one more?) and hasn't started since I don't think ("injured"?)

Dunno - I don't appreciate him half as much as some on here for his 'loveability' - more his talent, which I saw a lot of at Schalke.

How does Holtby get more respect than Parker?

I haven't written him off - simply feel Walker is ahead of him, that's all

I was referring to his performance in a specific game

Samuel, I expect better from you

What game?

This one....
Naughton is slowing our counter attacks every single time. wtf!

or this one...
Dawson and Naughton - poor

Perhaps this one....
No Parker and Naughton, please!
Rest of the team picks itself - Holtby deserves a start, imv

This game...?
Naughton - 4 - poor

Or this one....
Naughton - 4

Surely its this one....
Guido said
IMO It was Verts who was at fault for the goal not Naughton.

to which you replied
I don't disagree, mate - simply expected 24 year-old Naughton to put up a fight at least.

before going to say....
Naughton - 5 - outrun by 32-year old Berba for their goal

Nope...Ive found that "specific game"...its this one
Naughton - 5 - out of position many a times

Or was it this one..?
Naughton - 5

Or this one......?
LewisSpurs said:

Ade and Naughton both not expected to return until 29th. So wouldn't expect to see either of them feature at any point v Carlisle

To which you replied

:gallashmm:

What game?

This one....

or this one...

Perhaps this one....

This game...?

Or this one....

Surely its this one....

to which you replied

before going to say....

Nope...Ive found that "specific game"...its this one

Or was it this one..?

Or this one......?

To which you replied

:gallashmm:
That is running commentary on his performances in specific games - nowhere did a 'write him off'

Find me that quote - until then, that's the wraaaang answer

The only thing I can think of in my head is the Undertones. It probably won't work outside of my own head (to the tune of Teenage Kicks)

"You want a Holtby, want a Holtby, right - givy Levy ten 'mil don't be tight, oh yeah!...."

:harryhmm:

I like his energy, but he's not the best midfielder we have..... in fact if we could inject some of his energy into Eriksen, we might have the perfect player! Real Madrid would definitely be coming after him

I like his energy, but he's not the best midfielder we have..... in fact if we could inject some of his energy into Eriksen, we might have the perfect player! Real Madrid would definitely be coming after him

Ha no kidding. I've come to find Eriksen's calmness almost annoying. As a guy who still plays (rec league lol), I keep watching him and thinking, "How can you be so damnably calm and yet so bloody good!! Damn your ability, boy!!"

Back
Top Bottom