Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holtby to leave? To be fair, I think it's just isolated speculations from our forums, with a small tagline from Daily[insert] to back the whole thing up. I think we just need to relax a little bit and remain positive :harryhmm:

i think theres alittle more to it than that or was...it seems according to the paper again (not the best source) that levy has been put off selling holtby and freeing up draxler for the gooners...
i dont think he will leave but i do believe his agent probably was in germany

i think theres alittle more to it than that or was...it seems according to the paper again (not the best source) that levy has been put off selling holtby and freeing up draxler for the gooners...
i dont think he will leave but i do believe his agent probably was in germany

I can't really take papers seriously. They've gotta fill the pages up, you know the drill... There are some serious ( meh ) papers of course, but i think it's easy to go wild on some quotes from certain papers. But then again, what is the transfer window without speculations? :harrysmile:

I can't really take papers seriously. They've gotta fill the pages up, you know the drill... There are some serious ( meh ) papers of course, but i think it's easy to go wild on some quotes from certain papers. But then again, what is the transfer window without speculations? :harrysmile:

it does sound like another media beat up...
however unlike chadli whose come out on twitter and called the media speculation bs, holtby has been relatively quiet...may be a case of when theres smoke...

it does sound like another media beat up...
however unlike chadli whose come out on twitter and called the media speculation bs, holtby has been relatively quiet...may be a case of when theres smoke...

I rest my case since I don't really like to speculate about players going. But we'll see, I hope Holtby stays, if not then good luck on you son!

It sounds like from what's being reported that Schalke have no interest in paying the 10m Levy wants (surprise surprise). Looks like if he goes to Schalke it will be on loan.

does anyone know anything about this bloke

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...olwich-for-Tottenham-target-Paul-Georges-Ntep

he any good? should we have a crack?

does anyone know anything about this bloke

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...olwich-for-Tottenham-target-Paul-Georges-Ntep

he any good? should we have a crack?

"Woolwich have NOT come to an agreement to sign Tottenham target Paul-Georges Ntep from AJ Auxerre, the club's president has confirmed."

If they are talking about woolwich having or not having made an agreement with him, wouldn't he be a woolwich target much more than a Tottenham one?

Fucking papers.

Don't know about the bloke btw. Never heard about him before.

"Woolwich have NOT come to an agreement to sign Tottenham target Paul-Georges Ntep from AJ Auxerre, the club's president has confirmed."

If they are talking about woolwich having or not having made an agreement with him, wouldn't he be a woolwich target much more than a Tottenham one?

Fucking papers.

sorry i posted this in the wrong thread..
apparently we were interested but id probably rather this type of player/young prospect than having another crack at berba...ideally id take benteke but fuck we cant all have what we want..

Fucking papers.

Our interest was cited first and mentioning Spurs interest in an Woolwich transfer dealing is just decent media astuteness. I believe as such it was the logic for referring to him as a "Tottenham target."

Our interest was cited first and mentioning Spurs interest in an Woolwich transfer dealing is just decent media astuteness. I believe as such it was the logic for referring to him as a "Tottenham target."

I understand why, it's just a bit funny it's said they are NOT in agreement with the target of another club.
It might as well has said:

"Stoke/Bahamas/Plymouth Argyle have NOT come to an agreement with Bayern target Lewandowski."

It's just so blatantly obvious they had to put Tottenham in it, but the way they did is pretty funny.

I understand why, it's just a bit funny it's said they are NOT in agreement with the target of another club.
It might as well has said:

"Stoke/Bahamas/Plymouth Argyle have NOT come to an agreement with Bayern target Lewandowski."

It's just so blatantly obvious they had to put Tottenham in it, but the way they did is pretty funny.

Ah, fair point. Media tactics will always amusing, especially as they evolve against the advertising saturation phenomena.

Taking it's simplest interpretation, if every player stayed put for 10-15 years at the club they're at right now, the only money agent would get would be whatever commission bonus they could negotiate on their weekly wage...
TRANSFERS are agents bread and butter...
without transfers, there would be no agents...
agents NEED players to move, and regularly...
Agents decide whether a player wants to instigate or at worst agitate for a move, not necessarily the football club... (unless they want rid of a shit player!)
...and if all of the above is anywhere close to the truth, then agents pretty much run football!

That is my basic understanding of the agents' role within football!

Can you imagine a world without agents:

Taking it's simplest interpretation, if every player stayed put for 10-15 years at the club they're at right now, the only money agent would get would be whatever commission bonus they could negotiate on their weekly wage...
TRANSFERS are agents bread and butter...
without transfers, there would be no agents...
agents NEED players to move, and regularly...
Agents decide whether a player wants to instigate or at worst agitate for a move, not necessarily the football club... (unless they want rid of a shit player!)
...and if all of the above is anywhere close to the truth, then agents pretty much run football!

That is my basic understanding of the agents' role within football!
Ledley 's agent must have struggled to put food on the table. :king:

Fucking papers.

Jesus fucking Christ... is THIS what the internet has come to??

What do you mean?

Rumours schmurours... believing what the press say, just 'cos a bloke's name sounds like a French Paul Gascoigne... and yet it's someone we've never heard of!!

Fucking papers.

ne!

Back
Top Bottom