Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's one WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE

10390365_10152388751799404_7026197785794345641_n.jpg

Man, I think the only reason Holtby gets attention is because of his looks. Has anyone watched him play? He's so mediocre. At best I think he will be average lol. He has no place on our team unless we get a bunch of injuries. Really, I don't know what everyone sees in him. A depth player at best, If we have to start him we are in trouble once again.

09-02-2014-GifNumber-135.gif

Defoe_1a.gif

Just a little reminder of what Holtby can do against premier league opposition. He's far from mediocre, he may need a little shaping, and some decent training, but he has a lot of the qualities that would be needed should MoPo want to implement a similar system to the one he had at Southampton.

09-02-2014-GifNumber-135.gif

Defoe_1a.gif

Just a little reminder of what Holtby can do against premier league opposition. He's far from mediocre, he may need a little shaping, and some decent training, but he has a lot of the qualities that would be needed should MoPo want to implement a similar system to the one he had at Southampton.

Im sorry but a few plays does not a career make. Every player has their moments, and maybe I was being a little harsh calling him mediocre. Average is probably more appropriate. Not to mention, there are a ton of creative players all over the world, but creativity is one aspect of the game. He made some good shots etc.... But i really think you are overestimating his overall game based on a few nice moments. Siggy has had his moments also and has also proven he's not cut out for a contender.

I've seen nice clips from Austrian league, MLS, and so on. These clips really do nothing to prove Holtby is a better player than I am suggesting. What he does over the long haul is the proof, and he hasn't done much since he left the Bundesliga. I think he was better there, but I also think he had better in form players around him then. Also, the overall depth of the Bundesliga is probably not as strong as the PL. Top teams are great sure, but theres a bigger drop off.

Also, that first clip is pretty nice. The 2nd clip is eh...... I think theres a lot of players that can pull that off.

I think theres a lot of players that can pull that off.

Not in our squad there isn't, we have maybe Eriksen and that's it. And to be honest I think you are dramatically underestimating a lovely pass that completely bypassed an entire defence. Sure you can find some nice clips from the A league, or MLS, but they would be against A League and MLS defences, these were against Premier League opposition.

Holtby is still young and clearly very raw, but it's obvious he has talent, and bags and bags of energy and enthusiasm. He needs to add some discipline and positioning to his game. These are things that can be coached.

Y'know... I TOTALLY forgot he was German.... (too busy bitchin' about how happy Ozil, Mertersaker and Lucas 'selfie/tweet everything in sight' Podolski would be) ...anyone reckon Lewis was pleased with last night... or do you think he'd be feeling a little bit; "I will never play for that team as good as that in my lifetime"!??

Im sorry but a few plays does not a career make. Every player has their moments, and maybe I was being a little harsh calling him mediocre. Average is probably more appropriate. Not to mention, there are a ton of creative players all over the world, but creativity is one aspect of the game. He made some good shots etc.... But i really think you are overestimating his overall game based on a few nice moments. Siggy has had his moments also and has also proven he's not cut out for a contender.

I've seen nice clips from Austrian league, MLS, and so on. These clips really do nothing to prove Holtby is a better player than I am suggesting. What he does over the long haul is the proof, and he hasn't done much since he left the Bundesliga. I think he was better there, but I also think he had better in form players around him then. Also, the overall depth of the Bundesliga is probably not as strong as the PL. Top teams are great sure, but theres a bigger drop off.

Also, that first clip is pretty nice. The 2nd clip is eh...... I think theres a lot of players that can pull that off.

"He made some good shots etc" . . . . . . .?

:avbnaa:

Defoe_1a.gif

Blatant shot.

Back
Top Bottom