West ham (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4P8Ozmy.gif

JDK.

With respect. I suspect you are one of those fans who will not say a bad word against any of our players, no matter what they do or dont do.

I dont think you get you should support the shirt/club and get bog down in player love. Thats fine and I respect your unfailing adoration but I'm a bit older.

Be honest with me and tell me a player who has played for Spurs who you dont like.

I don't think that your statement about me is unfair. It does put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be crucifying a player one minute and then potentially celebrating their successes on the field the next.

There are certainly players that have played for Spurs that I don't like. An incomplete list off the top of my head would consist of Pav, Hutton, and Huddlestone. In all honesty every player on the team has quirks and deficiencies that bug me and I probably mention to my mates during matches.

However, when the lineup was announced earlier today and you listed it out instead of writing Adebayor you wrote "wanker". Then you continued to bang on all throughout the match thread about how shit Adebayor was. Some of this was fair other parts were not. Overall, the personal attacks on players just don't fly for me.

The thing for me is I'm fine with constructive criticism but just bitching about a player is not productive and it is actually just annoying for others to read. Especially in the case of Adebayor when he is the only healthy player at his position. There is nothing that can be done about it, it is whining for whining sake.

Finally, it was mentioned on the podcast this week that every month Spurs fans create this pantomime villain to blame. This year it has been Walker, Parker, Adebayor, Sigurrdson, Dempsey and I'm sure others. It is just so tiresome and boring. Also, just bashing players isn't really the style of the Fighting Cock. I know Flav Flav has said it before that this is a different type of forum not like the other ones. Personally, that is the reason why I love it here because we support the shirt and players unconditionally and don't bitch all the time.

I won't bash a player that wears the Spurs badge as long as he is out there playing hard. Personally, I think Adebayor has played hard and has had some tough luck. If you want to provide some constructive criticism instead of labeling him wanker even before the game has started that is fine but the tiresome name calling and blame game just isn't worth the time and I think this forum is above it.

hate is a forceful word
Pretty rich coming from you (and Greaves_357 Greaves_357 ). If it was about Ade would you object?

Look, you're both fairly new here but this isn't a place where everybody treats each other like shit because "it's the Internet LOL". Reasonable people can disagree but neither of you has shown much interest in acting reasonably.

I hope that changes. I don't agree with much of either of your opinions, but I respect your right to them. I'd just prefer you went about it differently.

If you can't do that, please fuck off to COYS or GG or somewhere else.

Watching the goal over and over. He got the proper hump just before he scored cos he wanted a free kick.

Got fouled.

Threw a hissy fit.

Twatted one in from thirty yards.

Lovely.

For me it was Siggurdson that changed this game for us, he was such a threat when he came on and held the ball up so much better than Holtby had been doing.

Back
Top Bottom