West ham (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where did I disagree with that? He has been dire this season -- at times -- but we know what he is capable of.

All I'm saying is that arguing that you prefer Crouch (which...fair enough, opinions are like assholes and all) is one thing, but suggesting we "release" him is another.

People use the argument that Ade is great at hold up play when he does fuck all else.. Thats why I used the Crouch analogy. We need to SELL dear Ade for 12m to 'only' lose 7 to 10m on him.

I think we might just get that for him but bear in mind we will have to pay his contract off first.

He is a disaster financially up.

I am happy for people to catch up with me and and a growing majority of us on this

Just watched AVB's press conference, although I could hardly hear shit.

Have to say, when pressed with the question (I'm paraphrasing) "what have you done to create these results" it was so, so refreshing to hear AVB quickly respond "No, nothing, I've done nothing, it's all down to the players and their belief."

Don't think :harrysmile: would have been so humble there.

Also, AVB looked exhausted. Someone should have told him that you're supposed to have a smoke after sex.

He has clearly put some form of positive reinforcement into them.

I've never seen a Spurs team with so much determination, especially at the end of matches and away from home.

Harry Kane got loaned out to Leicester City two weeks ago and Crouch is on Stoke.

Really don't understand what you're on about.

JDK.

With respect. I suspect you are one of those fans who will not say a bad word against any of our players, no matter what they do or dont do.

I dont think you get you should support the shirt/club and get bog down in player love. Thats fine and I respect your unfailing adoration but I'm a bit older.

Be honest with me and tell me a player who has played for Spurs who you dont like.

JDK.

With respect. I suspect you are one of those fans who will not say a bad word against any of our players, no matter what they do or dont do.

I dont think you get you should support the shirt/club and get bog down in player love. Thats fine and I respect your unfailing adoration but I'm a bit older.

Be honest with me and tell me a player who has played for Spurs who you dont like.
I deeply dislike Dempsey but there's no need to be a cunt about it.

One of the hardest players in the prem as well. Nice to have a hard bastard in the team.

bartonDM_468x589.jpg

Hard to imagine now, but a fuck ton of people were ready to bring him in before we signed Parker.

Not me virginia.

Really not me.

Our last hard players in my memory were Grahame Roberts and the Neil Ruddock.

Quite happy to have Dempsey on the payroll

JDK.

I don't think that your statement about me is unfair. It does put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be crucifying a player one minute and then potentially celebrating their successes on the field the next.

There are certainly players that have played for Spurs that I don't like. An incomplete list off the top of my head would consist of Pav, Hutton, and Huddlestone. In all honesty every player on the team has quirks and deficiencies that bug me and I probably mention to my mates during matches.

However, when the lineup was announced earlier today and you listed it out instead of writing Adebayor you wrote "wanker". Then you continued to bang on all throughout the match thread about how shit Adebayor was. Some of this was fair other parts were not. Overall, the personal attacks on players just don't fly for me.

The thing for me is I'm fine with constructive criticism but just bitching about a player is not productive and it is actually just annoying for others to read. Especially in the case of Adebayor when he is the only healthy player at his position. There is nothing that can be done about it, it is whining for whining sake.

Finally, it was mentioned on the podcast this week that every month Spurs fans create this pantomime villain to blame. This year it has been Walker, Parker, Adebayor, Sigurrdson, Dempsey and I'm sure others. It is just so tiresome and boring. Also, just bashing players isn't really the style of the Fighting Cock. I know Flav Flav has said it before that this is a different type of forum not like the other ones. Personally, that is the reason why I love it here because we support the shirt and players unconditionally and don't bitch all the time.

I won't bash a player that wears the Spurs badge as long as he is out there playing hard. Personally, I think Adebayor has played hard and has had some tough luck. If you want to provide some constructive criticism instead of labeling him wanker even before the game has started that is fine but the tiresome name calling and blame game just isn't worth the time and I think this forum is above it.

Fuck me, still buzzing.

They should take this feeling that I've got right now and put it into a pill.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Instant Fortune $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom