Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

first ever season ticket all paid for and done with! I come up from Somerset for fixtures which is a bit of a distance but the journey up and the build up is all part of the experience. Can't wait to see my team for every home game and i'm so chuffed to say i own a season ticket! COYS!!

Like I said on the other ST thread, ticket exchange hasn't gone down too well with many.
Still waiting for THsT offical statement from yesterday.
They ain't too happy either.
Many feel we are getting fleeced.

I was reading the thread last night. The thing is you only get to hear the voices of those that think they are getting fleeced, those that think it's OK (I'm one of those) keep shtum. The thread last night had loads of people wanting StubHub back!! Basically as I see it those that are winging are those furious that they can't sell on, well what the fuck are they buying an ST for then? If these people are the fans that have relied on having more than one ST, one for themselves and one to sell on and earn a profit from that resale, them fuck them, fuck them in the arse! I'm pissing myself at the thought of them losing a grand or two this season, fucking beautiful and I shed only tears of laughter.

Obviously that is one end of the spectrum and maybe there is some middle ground here and there are reasons why people think they are being fleeced, I don't see it myself. If you buy an ST it means you are committing to going to the games. On the odd occurrence you can't make a game (and can't re-sell because game is not sold out) give/sell it to a mate, what the fuck is the big deal? What am I missing?

My first experience of being a season ticket holder and must say, i had a blinding day! We left early and got to Wembley Central station just after 11am. We then walked towards the ground stopping off at The Liquor Store, JJ Moons and finally The Green Man (all allocated as Tottenham pubs)

Liquor Store - Large pub, good seating and started off at just ยฃ3.50/pint, although they put the prices up to ยฃ5.00/pint at around 1pm.Just started to get busier as we left and there was about 7 serving behind the bar so no problems getting served at this time. No real atmosphere as was a bit early i think.

JJ Moons - Think it was about ยฃ3.00/pint (being a Wetherspoons) with loads of seating, no problem getting served. Better atmosphere, some singing but not a lot... seemed quite 'family friendly' so didn't look like it was going to get too lively!

The Green Man - This was the best of the three, although the hill was a killer after a few earlier pints! Plenty of smaller bars set up in the gardens (looked like little sheds), few barmaids walking round selling Jager Bombs, large marquee/canopy in the garden and plenty of space. Good few songs going and all in all, a good atmosphere.

Our tickets are up in section 545 and to be honest, it was much better than i expected... really decent view and better atmosphere than expected. Agree with most others that the West side seemed the place to be but also agree the drumming was naff.

Stopped off for a couple of pints after the match before train home and despite the result, atmosphere was pretty good in Wetherspoons and the Liquor Store...

Not a bad day considering the disappointing result... rough as a dogs asshole today and my throat is fooked, but roll on next week.

And yes... i did take a few photos to show the kids, i did wave the flag at kick-off (draw the line at the half-half scarf though) but also sang my heart out to support the team and enjoyed every minute of it.

It definitely won't be based on where you sit at Wembley, that much has been confirmed. However they haven't said how it will be done yet. THST seem to be talking about this a lot with the club, which is a good thing - I'd rather they take their time to get it right
The single most important thing regarding the placement of fans, is to make it absolutely certain that anyone that goes to the South Stand will loose their ticket if they sit down, tell someone else to sit down, don't sing, clap or make a noise. Fans should create a human tunnel that joins from seat to stadium exit, where the culprits have to run through whilst being beaten with sticks and pissed on. This will be filmed and posted on all social networking sites as a warning to all.

Can't sell out 18,000 tickets. Embarrassing. I guess that we're not as big as we thought we were, and I'm ok with that. Thoughts John Thomas John Thomas ?

#biggestclubinlondon
Well, 2 highest ever home attendances recorded by an English club.
A Bigger crowd for a round of 32 Europa game v Gent than Woolwich got v Bayern Munich.
A quarter of a century in the shadows of our main rivals and even Chelsea yet still maintaining a membership of around 85000.
I'd say if not the biggest club in London, all the ingredients are there to re-emerge as the biggest club in London.

As we all agree, the club have massively fucked up over pricing.
Once again short term greed has overcome long term growth
We're being asked to move to an alien stadium for a whole season while still charging more per average ST than 17 of 19 other clubs.
Also, like it or not, Big clubs make Big signings. Football fans thrive on it. Yet season after season our fans fork out massive sums for their season ticket, only to see the club balance the books as their rivals bring in star players to get the juices flowing.
As I said earlier, the club have missed a massive opportunity to capture a whole new generation of fans that could have been the back bone of the clubs future. Levy/ENIC have fucked up.

Also,a lot of ST holders I know always bought their ticket knowing that if they couldn't make a game they could guarantee selling it at at least face value. With a 90,000 capacity that ain't gonna happen. And with the tv schedule fucking around with games like it does, how many can commit to every game, not knowing what day of the week, let alone what time of day, each game is gonna be played, yet not being in a position to re-sell their ticket for those games they can't make.. Not many. Many fans this season, like me, will pick and choose their games as they come.
I think we're gonna see huge fluctuations in attendances with crowds of 80k against United, Woolwich, Chelsea etc...but crowds of around 40k against the likes of Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, West Ham and Bournmouth
So many factors Levy has failed to take into consideration.

Those are my thoughts

Last edited:
I have to say I dont think this theory of growing the fan base has any legs....you either support Spurs or you dont.

I dont want 35000 fans that used to support Watford or Luton anyway

Both my old man and Uncle (life-long Spurs fans) were on the ST waiting list for years. Sadly both passed away before they were even offered the chance to buy one.

They'd be spinning in their graves if I passed up the opportunity to by one.

I'm sorry if this sounds unpopular, but is this what season tickets are really for? So wealthy overseas members can jet over for a few games a season with their seats remaining unoccupied for the majority of the season? Or will we see a return to StubHub when we move into the new ground? Season tickets should be used - not bought as a status symbol or a profit making exercise.

So my mum, who is 46k on the list, has just got the email saying she can buy a ST. They really might not manage to sell the whole 18k!
The prices are way too high. We're charging more than Man United even though we're not even playing in our home stadium. It was said by many at the time the prices were released.. I think the club have missed a huge opportunity to capture a new generation of fans here

Finding it hard to fathom why some 'fans' are laying into the Trust on this issue. As if they can influence Daniel Levy to that degree. Just an easy target for internet cowards. Personally i think they do a decent job for little or no thanks. Thankless task.

Had to give up my ST a few years back. Always regretted it. Got my e-mail today inviting me to book up tomorrow. Will be doing exactly that!

I don't agree with 'renting out' seats. It seems greedy. Anyway the ST waiting list has been made to look rather foolish. Perhaps people are getting fed up of fans renting. I know I am.

How do we manage to get our more vocal supporters in the new south stand if this sort of caper is going on all over the new place?

I would hope it would be pretty fucking obvious what the single tier south stand is there for. I don't think anyone has any excuse for getting a ST there and then moaning about people standing, or not singing themselves. The club have gone out of their way to make sure there is a dedicated area for just those fans, and anyone who isn't part of the party can fuck right off.

Iam a long time season ticket holder who has moved with most of the people I sat with in the lower shelf. Except now we got this lairy sweary ignoramus constantly abusing Sissoko doing me head in. Problem is he looks well hard so I ll probably just tut to myself

Wembley stadium is a complete failure as an architectural construct. They listened to Norman foster and from the outside its a rather beautiful construction. But it's not a football stadium it does no lend intimacy to the events on the field. No on can own thier area as everything beads into every where else's and is divided by a corporate ring. That the FA Cravenly fell in with the desires of corporate entertainment is a disgrace in itself in what should be a NATIONAL Stadium. They should of looked at the bernabau and based a design roughly on that. Four steeply raked stands. Weather that required an arch or not is a moot point.

Wembley is a classic case of client not putting their foot down and getting what they want.
Many truths in this but ultimately it's the fan in the stadium not the stadium that creates the atmosphere. Old Wembley was far, far worse for views than New Wembley. At old Wembley you were miles from the pitch. At our Cup Finals in the 80's I hardly saw a thing, but the atmosphere in everyone of those games was the greatest I have ever experienced at any game. Both the Man City games I couldn't even hear my own voice. There is so much spoken about roof's being key to atmosphere in stadiums but in Argentina, where the fans are arguably the loudest most vocal of all fans anywhere on the planet, not one stadium has a roof! At the Monumental there is also a running track around the pitch, yet still a worthy atmosphere is created.

For me the ingredients needed are young fans (that means cheap/affordable tickets), standing and the removal of PA Systems. There are many, many things that contribute but the overwhelming common denominator is young fans and standing no matter what country, what stadium.

Bit annoyed to be honest. I currently pay ยฃ42 ave a game in Paxton upper and will be in the lower tier (cheapest option) at Wembley, which is between ยฃ36-ยฃ43 ave a game. Its a bit bollocks when theres going to be nearly 60k extra people attending. Just fucks me off that here was a perfect opportunity to build a few years worth of good will with season ticket holders, but instead a fair few will resent the club for grabbing money while putting the fans out.

Back
Top Bottom