Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, this or that they are owned by touts anyway. Touts (and Spurs fans with extra ST's bought solely to sell) have made a killing for a decade at WHL, so I guess taking a £1,000 hit for this season would still have them quids in and ready to trade the seats again in the new place.

Don't know about anyone else but walking up Wembley Way yesterday was like walking up though Columbia Road flower market, the number of touts brazenly trying to sell tickets was incredible, must have walked past 20 odd. They no longer shout "tickets to buy" they loop hole for not getting done for selling, but blatantly shouting tickets for sale. Seeing as it's illegal it absolutely amazes me they are never nicked. I know at least 10 of them by face, as they are at every single game, not just Spurs but go to any London game and you see the same faces. I fucking hate touts and the cunts that sell their tickets to them.

The Posh name for them is Stubhub..

The Posh name for them is Stubhub..
Given the number of them on the street yesterday it shows that at least binning off StubHub means they have to get out from behind a PC to sell, shame Old Bill couldn't give a fuck. I'm not a grass but was really tested yesterday. The atmosphere and ticket prices at ALL games in this country is fucked and all as a direct result of touts. It's eating away at me, just want to see some action from the authorities.

Given the number of them on the street yesterday it shows that at least binning off StubHub means they have to get out from behind a PC to sell, shame Old Bill couldn't give a fuck. I'm not a grass but was really tested yesterday. The atmosphere and ticket prices at ALL games in this country is fucked and all as a direct result of touts. It's eating away at me, just want to see some action from the authorities.
The touts were there long before stubhub, and they were a lot worse than they are these days.

The touts were there long before stubhub, and they were a lot worse than they are these days.
They are far worse these days mate. They hoover up tickets to every sporting and entertainment event around the world with sophisticated bot technology, it's at epidemic proportions. My Mrs used to work for one of the most notorious dealers in Europe out of a Pall Mall office, she spent most of her ten years there on their roof stuffing tickets and cash down chimney pots!!
Powerful software to assist ticket touts widely available online

They are far worse these days mate. They hoover up tickets to every sporting and entertainment event around the world with sophisticated bot technology, it's at epidemic proportions. My Mrs used to work for one of the most notorious dealers in Europe out of a Pall Mall office, she spent most of her ten years there on their roof stuffing tickets and cash down chimney pots!!
Powerful software to assist ticket touts widely available online
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3644481/kiddwhoops.gif

All this talk of the atmosphere being terrible at Wembley but is there any guarantee things will be better at NWHL. With 17,000 in one stand there's no way all these people will be wanting to sing or stand for the whole match. What happens then, will we see stewards chucking people out like they did at Wembley? At the old ground only say 3-4000 would be standing constantly. Will the season ticket holders from South Upper be looking to be at the back of the new 1 tier stand but then expect everybody to sit in front of them?
Hopefully the club will encourage those who don't want to sing to locate to other parts of the new stadium. The biggest problem I found with the atmosphere at the Dortmund match was getting all the chants in unison but plenty were there singing their hearts out. COYS

All this talk of the atmosphere being terrible at Wembley but is there any guarantee things will be better at NWHL. With 17,000 in one stand there's no way all these people will be wanting to sing or stand for the whole match. What happens then, will we see stewards chucking people out like they did at Wembley? At the old ground only say 3-4000 would be standing constantly. Will the season ticket holders from South Upper be looking to be at the back of the new 1 tier stand but then expect everybody to sit in front of them?
Hopefully the club will encourage those who don't want to sing to locate to other parts of the new stadium. The biggest problem I found with the atmosphere at the Dortmund match was getting all the chants in unison but plenty were there singing their hearts out. COYS
NWHL will be a marginal improvement. Old WHL has been romanticised into this great temple of support because of the last season there. But there have been many days it has stunk the place out, especially during bad form times. You only have to look at The Emirates. Highbury was a fortress for the scum. The Emirates is too big. It's dead in there at times. At 61k we are going to have a much more diluted atmosphere then old WHL. So all those crying about Wembley better get used to it, because while it will likely be an improvement on Wembley, no way will it resemble the romantic vision of WHL that they seem to have.

Agree that WHL was hardly a cacophony of noise at times, but I'm hoping this 'wall' stand will do much to improve atmosphere. The main thing is getting all the loud bastards who want to stand and sing in that one stand. The club have got to ensure all the Park Land and Shelf side folk are concentrated in it. How that is done I'm not sure..

Agree that WHL was hardly a cacophony of noise at times, but I'm hoping this 'wall' stand will do much to improve atmosphere. The main thing is getting all the loud bastards who want to stand and sing in that one stand. The club have got to ensure all the Park Land and Shelf side folk are concentrated in it. How that is done I'm not sure..
Weren't they supposed to keep them (the existing ST holders) together in Wembley so that moving them over was relatively easy?

Yeah, I think so. But ST holder doesn't necessarily constitute someone who wants stand and sing throughout the whole game. I think the club have somehow got to make it clear that the middle sections at least of the 'wall' are 'better suited' to those who want to 'get behind their team'.

I'm not the loudest fan by any means (well, not sober anyways!) and would be happy to give up a place in that stand for the Park Lane types. I just hope the club gets this right...

Theres plenty of us that like to sign in our section but have given up because we so far away from other singers.

Spurs got talent auditions

The Wembley stands are quite shallow and not very close to the pitch so you feel disconnected from the action.

Yeh I hate the design, fans feel disconnected from each other let alone the team, so glad the new WHL takes the Dortmund approach. This season is going to be annoying.

Funny thing is Wembley is still a lot better than the OS, just imagine being a Spam fan.

The Wembley stands are quite shallow and not very close to the pitch so you feel disconnected from the action.
Wembley stadium is a complete failure as an architectural construct. They listened to Norman foster and from the outside its a rather beautiful construction. But it's not a football stadium it does no lend intimacy to the events on the field. No on can own thier area as everything beads into every where else's and is divided by a corporate ring. That the FA Cravenly fell in with the desires of corporate entertainment is a disgrace in itself in what should be a NATIONAL Stadium. They should of looked at the bernabau and based a design roughly on that. Four steeply raked stands. Weather that required an arch or not is a moot point.

Wembley is a classic case of client not putting their foot down and getting what they want.

Back
Top Bottom