Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Iam a long time season ticket holder who has moved with most of the people I sat with in the lower shelf. Except now we got this lairy sweary ignoramus constantly abusing Sissoko doing me head in. Problem is he looks well hard so I ll probably just tut to myself

Wembley stadium is a complete failure as an architectural construct. They listened to Norman foster and from the outside its a rather beautiful construction. But it's not a football stadium it does no lend intimacy to the events on the field. No on can own thier area as everything beads into every where else's and is divided by a corporate ring. That the FA Cravenly fell in with the desires of corporate entertainment is a disgrace in itself in what should be a NATIONAL Stadium. They should of looked at the bernabau and based a design roughly on that. Four steeply raked stands. Weather that required an arch or not is a moot point.

Wembley is a classic case of client not putting their foot down and getting what they want.

I think they got what they wanted - a stadium that looked like it would extract maximum £££'s.

Unfortunately for them they didn't realise that you need to keep the poor people happy or else the premium punters aren't interested either.

Wembley stadium is a complete failure as an architectural construct. They listened to Norman foster and from the outside its a rather beautiful construction. But it's not a football stadium it does no lend intimacy to the events on the field. No on can own thier area as everything beads into every where else's and is divided by a corporate ring. That the FA Cravenly fell in with the desires of corporate entertainment is a disgrace in itself in what should be a NATIONAL Stadium. They should of looked at the bernabau and based a design roughly on that. Four steeply raked stands. Weather that required an arch or not is a moot point.

Wembley is a classic case of client not putting their foot down and getting what they want.
Many truths in this but ultimately it's the fan in the stadium not the stadium that creates the atmosphere. Old Wembley was far, far worse for views than New Wembley. At old Wembley you were miles from the pitch. At our Cup Finals in the 80's I hardly saw a thing, but the atmosphere in everyone of those games was the greatest I have ever experienced at any game. Both the Man City games I couldn't even hear my own voice. There is so much spoken about roof's being key to atmosphere in stadiums but in Argentina, where the fans are arguably the loudest most vocal of all fans anywhere on the planet, not one stadium has a roof! At the Monumental there is also a running track around the pitch, yet still a worthy atmosphere is created.

For me the ingredients needed are young fans (that means cheap/affordable tickets), standing and the removal of PA Systems. There are many, many things that contribute but the overwhelming common denominator is young fans and standing no matter what country, what stadium.

Many truths in this but ultimately it's the fan in the stadium not the stadium that creates the atmosphere. Old Wembley was far, far worse for views than New Wembley. At old Wembley you were miles from the pitch. At our Cup Finals in the 80's I hardly saw a thing, but the atmosphere in everyone of those games was the greatest I have ever experienced at any game. Both the Man City games I couldn't even hear my own voice. There is so much spoken about roof's being key to atmosphere in stadiums but in Argentina, where the fans are arguably the loudest most vocal of all fans anywhere on the planet, not one stadium has a roof! At the Monumental there is also a running track around the pitch, yet still a worthy atmosphere is created.

For me the ingredients needed are young fans (that means cheap/affordable tickets), standing and the removal of PA Systems. There are many, many things that contribute but the overwhelming common denominator is young fans and standing no matter what country, what stadium.
God I dread half time Pa music so fucking loud

God I dread half time Pa music so fucking loud
Wembley is the worst place for it. Fucking "High ho silver lining" played over PA after winning League Cup. But it's creeping in at everywhere, why we play Star Wars is still an utter mystery, does nothing to the atmosphere, can't clap along, can't sing along, just have to sit their and wait for it to stop. Then there is Prem tune played as players walk out, same with CL and EL all it does is stop fans home and away from signing their own songs.

Anyone else in 112 see the grief the stewards were dishing out the entire game on Saturday? The worst I've ever seen it, literally every 20 seconds telling people to sit down. Apparently some people in block 111 had complained to Spurs that we were blocking their view!!?? Of what, the away fans!? What a joke.

It absolutely killed the game and the atmosphere, felt like leaving at half time.

Anyone else in 112 see the grief the stewards were dishing out the entire game on Saturday? The worst I've ever seen it, literally every 20 seconds telling people to sit down. Apparently some people in block 111 had complained to Spurs that we were blocking their view!!?? Of what, the away fans!? What a joke.

It absolutely killed the game and the atmosphere, felt like leaving at half time.

Second time I have heard about this, I normally end up with a seat up in the gods which is shit.

That's the problem with with the day tripper type fans who get into because we have a larger stadium now, no time for it personally.

4 seats in front of me empty 3 games in a row. You can't tell me that's not dodgy in some way? That's about 5k worth of ST right there if 4 adults.

It may not be dodgy. Me and my son have two in block 133 (actually got to the top of the list this season!), we bought my 5 yr old grandson one in block 112 a few weeks later as he was well down the list. The club change them for 3 together if we call the ticket office and ask them, and we have no idea if they sold our original seats or not so they could've remained empty?

We only get offered the top tier or Club Wembley though so I can't see us swapping too much this season, and definitely won't for a decent game. I was told by the club when the little man's ticket was purchased that we'd be able to flog it but they neglected to mention that it would only be in the case of a full house, so his seat will be empty for about half of the games.

Yep im in 111 at the fron and saw I all that shit. Its embarsing that we are getting told to sit down when we are next to the away fans. I could not believe that in the Chelsea game we were forced to sit down. At both the home games there were people in 111 shouting at people telling them to sit down. One guy was swearing his head off so i smashed into him at half time. When we scored I turned around and said your standing now you cunt!

I think the problem is that you have a situation where people like you and myself who probably used to sit in the shelf/park lane have been mixed in with alot of people from the Paxton. Hopefully next year i will get in the wall but we will have to see how they allocate it.

I know Wembley is shit but its better then Milton Keynes. Thats what I keep telling my self.

I completly agree with you mate. I wrote a massive email to the club complaining about their ticket pricing and the fact that they have priced out young fans (i got a bullshit response).

This year with the massive capacity they could have made it a fiver for teenagers every game and a tenner for young adults. They would of filled out the stadium and attracted new blood. Instead they decided to make it expensive and as a result we are not selling out and the stadium is filled with wealthy old grumpy sods.

It may not be dodgy. Me and my son have two in block 133 (actually got to the top of the list this season!), we bought my 5 yr old grandson one in block 112 a few weeks later as he was well down the list. The club change them for 3 together if we call the ticket office and ask them, and we have no idea if they sold our original seats or not so they could've remained empty?

We only get offered the top tier or Club Wembley though so I can't see us swapping too much this season, and definitely won't for a decent game. I was told by the club when the little man's ticket was purchased that we'd be able to flog it but they neglected to mention that it would only be in the case of a full house, so his seat will be empty for about half of the games.

Maybe that's the answer. Fuck knows

I'm in 112 as well mate, and it was fucking embarrassing from the stewards.

Having said that, they did crack a smile when "We'll sit down at half time" started up.

What concerned me was the fat twat in the grey suit filming everyone standing up... the club won't use that as evidence to "ban" people, will they???

I don't understand why people won't stand up, especially in the Park Lane end (west end), if they'd have done a bit of research they would've found out that it was always going to be lairy. In 133 on Saturday there were about 6 people down the front that didn't shift off their backsides all game, I can sort of understand it at the other end where the Paxton have probably settled as they don't really get involved anyway, but when 99% of the people around you are standing and singing you must feel a bit weird sitting quietly.

...and don't even get me started on the one's that stayed in the bar areas to watch the 2nd half! I took the little 'un to have a wee 15 mins into the second half and there were loads in there watching the game on the TV's, tossers!

I think that when the club sell season tickets in the new Park Lane next year they should make clear that this will be the noisy area and fans may stand up more than they are used to. Either that or fit the seats with feckin' tasers to make them stand!

Yeah, I think so. But ST holder doesn't necessarily constitute someone who wants stand and sing throughout the whole game. I think the club have somehow got to make it clear that the middle sections at least of the 'wall' are 'better suited' to those who want to 'get behind their team'.

I'm not the loudest fan by any means (well, not sober anyways!) and would be happy to give up a place in that stand for the Park Lane types. I just hope the club gets this right...

Until the club recognises they need a singing section or something similar to 1882 then there will always be clueless day trippers turning up and sitting down.

That and a specific family section so there is no confusion about behaviours.
With 17k in that one stand there is no excuse not to get everyone who sang at the Lane in that stand.

Did the club back safe standing recently?

Yep im in 111 at the fron and saw I all that shit. Its embarsing that we are getting told to sit down when we are next to the away fans. I could not believe that in the Chelsea game we were forced to sit down. At both the home games there were people in 111 shouting at people telling them to sit down. One guy was swearing his head off so i smashed into him at half time. When we scored I turned around and said your standing now you cunt!

I think the problem is that you have a situation where people like you and myself who probably used to sit in the shelf/park lane have been mixed in with alot of people from the Paxton. Hopefully next year i will get in the wall but we will have to see how they allocate it.

I know Wembley is shit but its better then Milton Keynes. Thats what I keep telling my self.
I'm in the front row block 111, couldn't go to the Swansea game. I don't stand up as no one around me stands up, so would get moaned at. If everyone stood around me then I'll stand, even though I don't need to. Used to stand at WHL in the 60's, 70's and 80's and missed quite a few goals as only 5' 2" tall, that's why I don't mind sitting down nowadays. Will still stand up though like I said if everyone does and sing.

I'm in 112 as well mate, and it was fucking embarrassing from the stewards.

Having said that, they did crack a smile when "We'll sit down at half time" started up.

What concerned me was the fat twat in the grey suit filming everyone standing up... the club won't use that as evidence to "ban" people, will they???

Yeah he's a scary looking guy! He was filming the whole time during Dortmund as well. Also once he left on Saturday the actual TV camera was pointed at us the entire second half. I cannot see how they can ban anyone based on video footage. There must've been 1000s of people standing.

Yeah he's a scary looking guy! He was filming the whole time during Dortmund as well. Also once he left on Saturday the actual TV camera was pointed at us the entire second half. I cannot see how they can ban anyone based on video footage. There must've been 1000s of people standing.
Think he was also filming at the chavs game as well.

Back
Top Bottom