Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely enough of our support should realise / anticipate that the middle sections of the wall (at least) will be for the loud / standing supporters...so they will avoid it if they ain't the most vociferous types...won't they?

If not, the club have to make it crystal fucking clear. I don't want it full of whinging bastards or tourist / day-tripper types passively expecting an 'atmosphere'

Saw a father and son get kicked out for standing today and arguing rather than sitting down. There point was that there was about 8 empty rows behind them and they were really just trying to create atmosphere.

Also saw about 10 more similar arguments. The stewards were literally going round and telling groups of 2 or 3 to sit down, because it was impossible to tell the big block of 100 odd behind the goal to sit down.

Didn't hear anyone complain about not being able to see, just a lot of people trying to have a bit of fun and get some atmosphere going. One steward was being such a jobsworth that even the other stewards ended up arguing with him.

All this just adds to the unhomely feeling

Surely enough of our support should realise / anticipate that the middle sections of the wall (at least) will be for the loud / standing supporters...so they will avoid it if they ain't the most vociferous types...won't they?

If not, the club have to make it crystal fucking clear. I don't want it full of whinging bastards or tourist / day-tripper types passively expecting an 'atmosphere'
The more football becomes huge commercial entertainment instead of sport the more stadiums will become like theatres, not sports grounds. Unfortunately we are going the way of the American sport model, not something like the Bundesliga. That's the price of the PL being the biggest league in the world.

The ones near us that asked people to sit down were just ignored. No idea why fans argue though, just sit down and then stand up the min the stewards look away etc. That's what I do anyway.

The more football becomes huge commercial entertainment instead of sport the more stadiums will become like theatres, not sports grounds. Unfortunately we are going the way of the American sport model, not something like the Bundesliga. That's the price of the PL being the biggest league in the world.
Agree about the Theatre comparison. The screens in the concourse even flashed up "Please take your seats" just before the 2nd half started. I was surprised there wasn't a bell.

Agree about the Theatre comparison. The screens in the concourse even flashed up "Please take your seats" just before the 2nd half started. I was surprised there wasn't a bell.
There's a pub for the very top Club Wembley types (of which I'm not one apparently) called the Three Lions that allows you to make a specific drinks order for half time and after the hame apparently. They have it waiting for you.

133 got the treatment tonight not a peep for the first 4 games but the Gestapo were on it tonight..3 game bans was the mantra.
It felt like bullying at times - and not a fan of being filmed. They definitely picked on smaller groups rather than taking on the whole block. Presume they've been told to clamp down. Felt like being back in the PL circa 2012 when we were constantly hassled (remember telling the steward to sit down/kowtowing?)

For me safe standing is a must if they don't want to lose atmospheres in stadiums. This whole sit down nonsense is a joke. It's a sport fuelled by passion and all that'll happen is grounds will become circus like and the soul will get ripped out of each teams uniqueness which has always been the fans. The fans and the club itself are the only thing that continues. Managers and players come and go. Levy needs to get it right going into this new stadium. If it's not built to perfection after having a completely clean slate and foundation to build from then he fucked it plain and simple.

I worry that new stadiums sometimes lose the magic they generate inside for it looking pretty on the outside. Let's hope this isn't the case for our new home

Stewarding last night was a joke. There was one solitary block of the ground behind the west goal where people were standing, and clearly those that were in that block were happy to be standing, or they'd have moved 10 seats to the left or right to get away from it. And clearly there were many in that block who'd moved into it from elsewhere so that they could stand happily and sing with others (myself included). The stewards knew that, but they still just had to go round trying to get everyone to sit. Completely unnecessary and a complete waste of time. They even brought out a supervisor in a suit to give it a go when the regular stewards weren't getting anywhere!

Anyone managed to successfully resell a ticket on the exchange yet, or know how the process works?

I can no longer make the pool game, so under my tickets it’s listed as ‘Posted’, yet on the stadium view I can’t see it as available and it’s not like the money has appeared in the ticket exchange section.

Is it not visible because it’s my seat, or is there a delay in it appearing? I listed it last week....

Anyone managed to successfully resell a ticket on the exchange yet, or know how the process works?

I can no longer make the pool game, so under my tickets it’s listed as ‘Posted’, yet on the stadium view I can’t see it as available and it’s not like the money has appeared in the ticket exchange section.

Is it not visible because it’s my seat, or is there a delay in it appearing? I listed it last week....
Have you switched to the ticket exchange view? (It is a link in the top right of the stadium view box)

have a season ticket so this isn't for me but a mate is in town from Canada and wants to come to the game. tickets are available on ticket exchange. Can I buy additional tickets on my membership even though I already have a seat for the game? Assuming that I'd just have to go and get the separate ticket printed on the day at the ticket office??

Back
Top Bottom