Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it true that the lower tier at Wembley is all season ticket? I thought that it was, which I might have read on here. Was having a discussion about it today at the game.

No as I bought tickets in the general sale for Bournemouth and not from ticket exchange. This was block 102 where there was lots of empty seats for that match. They were shown as sold out until about a week before the match. Same is happening for our next few matches and I am waiting to see if they become available nearer the time. Much rather be in lower tier.

Exactly what I said when it was announced. Could barely count 100 empty seats let alone 10,000

I noticed that two rows of the upper tier were not sold above the away fans and it appeared the front two rows behind the goals were not sold either. Only other noticable gap was what appeared to be two boxes not used in the south-west corner which had some vacant seats there but apart from that you're right was only a scattering of red seats. I'd have said c85k

No as I bought tickets in the general sale for Bournemouth and not from ticket exchange. This was block 102 where there was lots of empty seats for that match. They were shown as sold out until about a week before the match. Same is happening for our next few matches and I am waiting to see if they become available nearer the time. Much rather be in lower tier.
I booked for the Bournemouth game 7 weeks in advance and those sections were tagged red at the time! Now I'll be doing the last minute thing for the next game against mid-low teams.
Waiting for APOEL Nicosia to go general sale though.
If the LiverFool game was supposedly sold out, I'd have thought it was some corporate types / guests not turning up.

Did anyone know why it took so long to get in to Wembley Park last night, I know we were up on our crowd but it took over half an hour to get in to the station, did anyone hear why?

Did anyone know why it took so long to get in to Wembley Park last night, I know we were up on our crowd but it took over half an hour to get in to the station, did anyone hear why?

apparently a train got stuck so they stopped everyone from entering the station. Absolute carnage and doesn't help that they're trying to stop people using the side of Wembley Park station to make them go up Wembley Way

Afternoon lads, what a game yesterday! The performance, the atmosphere everything!

Just wanted to ask you guys about getting out of the stadium. I'm from out of town so I drove down for the Dortmund game and left my car in Queensbury and took the tube to Wembley, then we got an Uber back to the car after the game - pretty straightforward. Yesterday after the game it was mayhem trying to get out of the stadium area and to the station, as a couple have mentioned on here it was due to a train getting stuck. Again I needed to get to Queensbury, this time to meet some friends and it took well over an hour to get into the station. Didn't think about getting an uber yesterday because the roads were so busy anyway.

I'm going to be driving down for the Madrid game, leaving my car in Queensbury again but now I'm getting quite concerned about getting back to my car without the long wait. Is there another station I can walk to after the game? I read on another forum someone walked to Neasdon and got the tube from there but that's quite a walk isn't it? I don't really want to leave the game early regardless of the score (never have done) but once I get to my car I've still got a couple of hours drive home so don't want to get stuck again. Any suggestions? Apologies for the long post.

Is it true that the lower tier at Wembley is all season ticket? I thought that it was, which I might have read on here. Was having a discussion about it today at the game.
Just to add to others but no it's not. A friend of mine is a member and has been picking up lower tier tickets on the bronze members day to buy tickets. Think he's managed to get a lower tier ticket for every game so far.

Also found people around me have varied from game to game so guessing majority were sold to STH's but the club kept some back.

We were caught up against the barriers at the side entrance whilst a dangerous situation developed. The ramp became full of fans and being at the front we were unable to go anyway due to the crush, much to the disappointment of the police who were simply telling us to back the opposite way which was then impossible. When the station reopened a rush occured from behind us and this caused the barriers to be pushed out the way, with the police now unable to hold back many hundreds. Very luckily no one appeared to be injured. It was totally mismanaged, and badly thought out. I've emailed the Spurs Trust to raise it with the club, and emailed the local police force.

I think it's really important for both fans and players that we've now laid down some positive memories of playing at Wembley, in the Dortmund and Liverpool games.

I would like to have heard our fans yesterday at WHL (obviously impossible as it wouldn't hold that many, but you know what I mean) as we sounded loud at times in spite of the acoustics. The acoustics are so bad that I can hardly ever hear the away fans even though I'm the same end of the ground as them. Even presumably noisy away fans like Barnsley.

Hopefully now we won't dread playing there, the atmosphere will be better, performances will keep improving, and so on, in a virtuous circle.

Afternoon lads, what a game yesterday! The performance, the atmosphere everything!

Just wanted to ask you guys about getting out of the stadium. ............. Any suggestions? Apologies for the long post.

There was quite a lot of discussion about this pre-season, which you can trawl through.

I also have a 2 hour drive from the north so am as sensitive as you are. I come down the M1 and have used two options. One is drive to Bushey and catch the overground into Wembley central (free parking nearby). Bit of walk then to the stadium but the overground itself is pretty clear - trouble is, it runs less frequently than the tube, especially on Sundays (c. every 20 mins). The second is to drive past Bushey and park near Moor Park tube - then tube into Wembley Park - easier and more frequent, but then you're one of the masses stuck getting into Wembley Park - albeit heading out of town once you're on it, so again train is not rammed.

Takes me about 3 hours, of trains and driving, from leaving my seat to collapsing on the sofa - not so great after conceding in the last minute against Burnley but worth every minute last Sunday!

Just wanted to ask you guys about getting out of the stadium. I'm from out of town so I drove down for the Dortmund game and left my car in Queensbury and took the tube to Wembley, then we got an Uber back to the car after the game - pretty straightforward. Yesterday after the game it was mayhem trying to get out of the stadium area and to the station, as a couple have mentioned on here it was due to a train getting stuck. Again I needed to get to Queensbury, this time to meet some friends and it took well over an hour to get into the station. Didn't think about getting an uber yesterday because the roads were so busy anyway.

I'm going to be driving down for the Madrid game, leaving my car in Queensbury again but now I'm getting quite concerned about getting back to my car without the long wait. Is there another station I can walk to after the game? I read on another forum someone walked to Neasdon and got the tube from there but that's quite a walk isn't it? I don't really want to leave the game early regardless of the score (never have done) but once I get to my car I've still got a couple of hours drive home so don't want to get stuck again. Any suggestions? Apologies for the long post.

Park north of Wembley Stadium station (Northolt/Ruislip etc) and get the overground. The percentage going north after matches is considerably smaller than going south.

There was quite a lot of discussion about this pre-season, which you can trawl through.

I also have a 2 hour drive from the north so am as sensitive as you are. I come down the M1 and have used two options. One is drive to Bushey and catch the overground into Wembley central (free parking nearby). Bit of walk then to the stadium but the overground itself is pretty clear - trouble is, it runs less frequently than the tube, especially on Sundays (c. every 20 mins). The second is to drive past Bushey and park near Moor Park tube - then tube into Wembley Park - easier and more frequent, but then you're one of the masses stuck getting into Wembley Park - albeit heading out of town once you're on it, so again train is not rammed.

Takes me about 3 hours, of trains and driving, from leaving my seat to collapsing on the sofa - not so great after conceding in the last minute against Burnley but worth every minute last Sunday!

Park north of Wembley Stadium station (Northolt/Ruislip etc) and get the overground. The percentage going north after matches is considerably smaller than going south.

Thanks lads I'll have a look at these options for sure! The result on Sunday made it bearable as I was just reading all the messages I got from my mates who support other teams about how good we were whilst we were waiting to the queues to start moving.

Greetings, planning to visit the game on January 31st 2018, Tottenham - ManU.
Couldn't find information where is seats for home fans? What place would you recommend to get more fun? ))

I wanted to add a couple of little things to bear in mind with Wembley - if you use the tube getting to Wembley Park and it's delayed by more than 15 minutes you're entitled to a refund - register your oyster or contactless card to the TFL site, it doesn't compensate for missing bits of the game, but the met line going south in to Wembley on Wednesday was having issues and even if you're not a regular traveller always claim for a refund!

Secondly, this is probably known but I have tested this and it works. All the tickets in to Wembley are barcode scanned. What it means is that you can take a photo of your season ticket with your smart phone, put the phone(iphone or android with a reasonable sized screen) below the scanner and this will give you access. It does only allow one person to get in still but it is useful to take the picture, then if you lose your ticket you can use your phone camera image as a fall back.

I wanted to add a couple of little things to bear in mind with Wembley - if you use the tube getting to Wembley Park and it's delayed by more than 15 minutes you're entitled to a refund - register your oyster or contactless card to the TFL site, it doesn't compensate for missing bits of the game, but the met line going south in to Wembley on Wednesday was having issues and even if you're not a regular traveller always claim for a refund!

Secondly, this is probably known but I have tested this and it works. All the tickets in to Wembley are barcode scanned. What it means is that you can take a photo of your season ticket with your smart phone, put the phone(iphone or android with a reasonable sized screen) below the scanner and this will give you access. It does only allow one person to get in still but it is useful to take the picture, then if you lose your ticket you can use your phone camera image as a fall back.
If you photocopy your season ticket, you could give someone that if they want to go to a game, rather than giving them your plastic card itself?

Back
Top Bottom