Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just worried we are going to look like a bunch of cunts on tv with a half full stadium, cos we've fucked up the pricing. Happy to be proved wrong though.

18k new STs going to Bronze members. I bet they get up to number 50k+ on the list before they are all offloaded.

If it was our new gaff I'd be all over it but Wembley is a hell-hole and I hate it so its a no from me.

It's a shame they haven't priced this a bit more imaginatively. If individual tickets are priced in line with ST's it's only going to be near to capacity for one league game.

Surely it would have been better to keep prices low and have the stadium at near capacity, but they can't do that now as the ST holders would go wild.

Ok, thanks for the answers. I guess I will get some tickets off StubHub for next season.

How is it around Wembley anyway? Anything to see or do there? I always read that public transport is a chaos everytime there is a game...

The Wembley IKEA is almost as good as the Tottenham IKEA. But a lot busier.

I'm 52,958 on the list and just got an email to say i'm eligible to purchase ST tomorrow! Absolutely over the moon with this as was on the list for a good 10 years before and then missed the payment so had to start again recently! Didn't think i'd get anywhere near a ST for another 10-15 years!

When i bought the bronze membership, i also got one for my wife and each of my two kids (Bronze Kicker memberships)... thing is, i've only received the one email whereas i was expecting to get an email for each of us!? Anyone know if this is how it works? Ideally i'd like to purchase 2 x ST sitting next to each other...

Any advice anyone could offer would be really appreciated... i don't want to miss this opportunity!

Cheers

I'm number 47,000-odd on the waiting list and just got offered a season ticket.
:pochwtf:

Going to be based in Leicester for another 3 years though so probably not the best thing for me right now.
I think we're getting a clear picture on how many people on the 'waiting list' actually wanted a season ticket immediately vs how many were simply opting to be Bronze members.
:pochserious:

That's around my predicted 46k target. I initially thought low-30s but had to reevaluate sharpish!.

1 in 3 puts it at 55k. You can't really blame people for not wanting to spend £1400 on an ST though.

If you are Bronze at 55k & get an ST you have to be well pleased you are getting a guaranteed ST at NWHL.

Still think those prices were set way too high.

They'd honestly be better off just opening them up to all Bronzes, setting a deadline to sell the whole 18k, then any that are left unsold by the deadline they just leave unsold for this year and then offer them to those left at the top of the list for next season.

I can imagine they want to give longstanding people on the list first option. Some people probably joined the list last week!!

I'm at 56k and joined in January. And only did it to get Club Wembley tickets to the Gent game.

It's crazy that you could have joined at Xmas and now have a season ticket.

I thought the atmos in the SW corner was decent. Can't expect too much from the first game anyway, people just feeling their way into this.

Besides, I could barely hear the Chelsea fans outside of their goals, even then not too loud, from where I was it sounded like there was 200 of them not 3,000

Time will tell. I just think Wembley will cost us in the long run.

I think another important point is West Ham sold far more season tickets than us. I think the club know the demographics as they only allowed 40000 and then offered 20 quid tickets. It tells you something
Oh fuck off you wind up merchant. Long run? We're only there for a season. And bigging up West Ham with their £100 ST's? They could give them away and they'd still never fill that shithole, while we're getting 80,000 at Wembley. Even Wembley won't be big enough when we play RM.

article-2645961-1E66260C00000578-361_634x414.jpg

The best thing about West Ham is you don't even need to think how to take the piss out of them. They give you ammo constantly

The more football becomes huge commercial entertainment instead of sport the more stadiums will become like theatres, not sports grounds. Unfortunately we are going the way of the American sport model, not something like the Bundesliga. That's the price of the PL being the biggest league in the world.
Agree about the Theatre comparison. The screens in the concourse even flashed up "Please take your seats" just before the 2nd half started. I was surprised there wasn't a bell.

Very disappointing pricing. I'm in Park Lane lower and was expecting a proper price reduction. With the removal of the cup tickets, it's hardly any price reduction at all. Don't expect Wembley to be full next season if tickets are almost the same price as WHL this season.

Still tickets will be going for pennies on Stubhub!

Still musing.

The club can't take away tickets from the 18k new STs when we go back to WHL?

In that case I think if you turn down an ST this coming season, you will remain on the waiting list, albeit further up the ladder.

Basically the club are saying you can get your season ticket now for Wembley, and that will guarantee you the season after at the new WHL and you can still sell your tickets on stub hub......
Or miss out on Wembley and chances are you will miss out for the new WHL as well.....
so I'm guessing next season will be able to pick up tickets for pennies on stub hub, as those who don't want to travel to Wembley will still renew the season ticket with the view of flogging the majority of games, which will mean the stadium is half full of tourists......
Expecting a proper shite atmosphere at the majority of games then.....

Back
Top Bottom