Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last year at home we were outstanding.
E4GLhgT.gif

See this is what I mean totally disrespectful behind a computer screen. None of that you would say to my face.

I certainly would. Where was your respect in your 'real men' rant the other day? None fucking existent. You're frightened of the world, you don't like change, and new ideas bother you.

You might say it to my face I doubt it though. You're one of those what They call them nowadays key board heroes?

If you did you would lose your teeth you gobby little whippersnapper. In my day when an older man spoke you listened to him with respect. You kids nowadays no nothing of it. Full of your own self importance. Thats why society is in such turmoil. But your to up your own arses to see it!

Read that back, mate.
Spot any irony??

I get your point.

You'd be happier if Spurs were playing in front of a smaller crowd of hard-core, louder fans. You think this will have any real effect on how the team plays? Or is it just that it would create a better atmosphere?
It certainly wouldn't help the club in terms of fan approval if most couldn't ever get a ticket.

I know. I just think it would have helped the team. The boys are better in a place with a bit of atmosphere and a compact ground. Transitioning grounds ain't easy I think we went for money to the detriment of the team.
With respect, MK Dons would have been shite. Plus they are a club I don't want anything to do with other than signing Dele Alli. Plastic, soulless football club and the atmosphere would have been worse there than at Wembley. Plus the cost of travelling there from London 19+ times per year. I'm not sure if you're on a wind up on here but Wembley over MK is a no brainer fella.

For many years with the small max attendance at WHL it has been difficult to get tickets. Wembley gives the opportunity for all to go. My choices are to go alone, to go with a mate (not a Tottenham supporter) or to go with my wife as I did for CL last season. I think I am typical of the problem, as with travel if I go alone I am on my own for a very long time and it is preferable to have company. However neither my Mate or my wife are going to want to stand all match or sing. For the CL match I went to there quite frankly was nothing to get the crowd going. So whilst a lot of the crowd will be Tottenham supporters there will be many non fans mixed up with them for most matches but this is only in the general sale section. However the season Ticket holders if all together should be able to generate more noise than 3000 away supporters.
Moving to the Wembley record. Being an older supporter I went there with Spurs 10 times between 1971-1993 and saw them win 6 and draw 2 of them winning 3 FA Cup's & 2 League cups. That was a pretty good record. My only visit to new Wembley was a defeat but expect that record to improve this season.

With respect, MK Dons would have been shite. Plus they are a club I don't want anything to do with other than signing Dele Alli. Plastic, soulless football club and the atmosphere would have been worse there than at Wembley. Plus the cost of travelling there from London 19+ times per year. I'm not sure if you're on a wind up on here but Wembley over MK is a no brainer fella.

yeh exactly this & I don't know what Spurs are getting out of playing at Wembley but surely we are better off commercially having 70k plus all year at Wembley than possibly 30k at MK?
Transport links are far better to Wembley than they are to MK, especially from the outskirts of London/home counties etc where a lot of fans are probably travelling from this year just because it is easy to get to Wembley.
I can get a 20 minute train, compared to 3 buses to Mk!

Time will tell. I just think Wembley will cost us in the long run.

I think another important point is West Ham sold far more season tickets than us. I think the club know the demographics as they only allowed 40000 and then offered 20 quid tickets. It tells you something
Oh fuck off you wind up merchant. Long run? We're only there for a season. And bigging up West Ham with their £100 ST's? They could give them away and they'd still never fill that shithole, while we're getting 80,000 at Wembley. Even Wembley won't be big enough when we play RM.

You're a funny kid really. You knock West Hams low season tickets price in affect saying "it don't count" but somehow our match day 20 quid tickets do. You also don't realize we only had 98.5% average capacity in the league last season. Enough for 5th in the league.West Ham came out top with 99.9%. Why can't you just stick to facts? Because you're stuck in your little bubble.

My point was the club only sold 40000 season tickets for a reason. In a 90000 capacity stadium less than half season tickets. Is important in how the board see the club in terms of fan base

Living in awe of West Ham and Chelsea??? What a tool you are..

You come on here crying because no one agrees with you and back in my day bollocks, then post shit like this..
Just do one you senile old Buzzard..

You're a funny kid really. You knock West Hams low season tickets price in affect saying "it don't count" but somehow our match day 20 quid tickets do. You also don't realize we only had 98.5% average capacity in the league last season. Enough for 5th in the league.West Ham came out top with 99.9%. Why can't you just stick to facts? Because you're stuck in your little bubble.

My point was the club only sold 40000 season tickets for a reason. In a 90000 capacity stadium less than half season tickets. Is important in how the board see the club in terms of fan base
Fucking hell someone falling the for West Ham PR machine, not even their own fans believe the ST's are real!

90% of my football club have an ST at West Ham, not one of them is a supporter. they are all London based Man U, City and Liverpool fans that have bought an ST there cheaper than they have previously bought a snide one from a ticket tout to watch their team when they were at Upton Park. The thousands upon thousands of empty seats you see at every single game is their seats.
99.9% full fuck off!!
empty_seats_emerge_as_west_ham_united_fans_leave_322219.jpg

Last edited:

does the 40k season tickets include the 1 year wembley pass sales?
surely the amount of season tickets sold this year was done at a level so they can guarantee a ST for NWHL for all that have one now?

Are you a moron? The season tickets are for our 61,000 seat stadium, not fucking Wembley. 40,000 ST's for the new place with the rest going to members, away fans etc.

You know fuck all about this club and it's obvious you're on a wind up.

Back
Top Bottom