Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is it with you younger/internet supporters. You can't seem to be able to face reality about your football team. Don't be so touchy over it. We got ambitions and are heading in the right direction but we ain't there yet!! We ain't won a trophy for years and even then it was a mickey mouse one!

Just stop with the 'we' stuff, you're not fooling anyone.

I have the same fanbase as you as a Tottenham fan. I hate Chelsea they're a bunch of glory hunting pricks. But reality is reality. They have a wider fan base and win stuff. You an argue it all you want its a fact.

Bullshit..We have a bigger fan base and that is a FACT..You have Surrey and parts of Kent covered but that's it.

I have the same fanbase as you as a Tottenham fan. I hate Chelsea they're a bunch of glory hunting pricks. But reality is reality. They have a wider fan base and win stuff. You an argue it all you want its a fact.
Not in England you don't. Your difficulty in selling out Wembley is well documented. Fucking joke of a fanbase.

That may well be true Guido but by the time we get going we could be in big problems and suffering a confidence crisis. In not scoffing at anything I'm simply saying that teams transisitioning stadiums struggle and when you're playing in one with 20000 empty seats then it makes it even harder. There's a reason we went out of Europe early did you not think of that?
We lost away from home in Europe too mate. We aren't that good in Europe, we got battered against Dortmund the year before (home and away). The last time I have seen us play well in Europe was against Inter Milan, SEVEN years ago! For the most part we have struggled and laboured and not looked convincing, both at White hart Lane and away.

I have seen us out play Monaco (CL Semi-Finalists) at Wembley, I have seen us out play Chelsea twice at Wembley, these performances have been better or on par with recent Chelsea games at the Lane (the results haven't). We are a good side, because of that we will do OK there. The performances I have seen from us at Wembley haven't reflected a team low on confidence, quite the opposite in fact.

As for our losing recent history at Wembley the press love to talk about, with the exception of the Portsmouth game, we lost to the eventual cup winners and or the Champions that year in each game (we were the under dogs in every game, including in 1991 when we beat the scum in Semi-final, they were already being hailed Double winners elect before that game). We weren't that good a side back then another thing that is lost on the hoodoo of Wembley.

In fact there was an article on it the other day and Chelsea have more fans spread up and down the country than us. That's how glory hunting works
Good luck with filling Wembley with your 'fans'. Just because some hooray from Sandbanks twitters on about chelsea doesn't mean he or she will slog it up to Wembley. Do you seriously think you'd get more than 75,000 for Burnley? Good luck with that.

Spread over the country the glory hunters have the widest fan base. Man Utd Liverpool Chelsea Woolwich and City are up and coming. Ours is more contained along with West Ham. Its just a fact sorry lads. Thats how it is.
It's Chelsea's world wide fan base exceeds ours. I am not sure where you are getting this "up and down the country" stuff from.

I hate Chelsea by the way supported Tottenham since before you kids were even born as did my father and grandfather before me. You gotta learn just Because someone has a different view point it doesn't make them a fan of another club.
Your viewpoint appears to be that we are a small time shit little club who don't know our place. Whoever you support, you're a cunt.

Last edited:
Do I think we'll get more than 75000 at Burnley? I think we'll be round about there. That's about our limit on a regular basis with the cheap tickets etc

What cheap tickets? And what other ground could we play at that could accommodate 75/85 thousand fans? Wembley too big for us my arse.

If your playing with 20000 empty seats then the stadiums too big. We didn't need to go to Wembley its all about bringing in money to fund the stadium and it may end up costing us. Should have kept the attendances small. We don't need to play in front of 70000 home supporters and 20000 seats its uneccessary and I think we could be in trouble because of it.

We've had one game in the league there that was limited general sale and we got 73,500. If we're challenging around Christmas the crowds will be mental. Fuck, loads of people are still on holiday, yet you want to pretend we'll be in trouble? Go away.

OK. Well I do. So thats what I'm talking about
Where is your proof and evidence to back that up. What games have we played well in Europe since the Inter game. I include shite like carry bag or whatever they were called, the time we beat Inter in the EL 4-0 was when they were shit and mid table, I'm struggling to think of a truly dominant game played with swagger. We've been disappointing.

If your playing with 20000 empty seats then the stadiums too big. We didn't need to go to Wembley its all about bringing in money to fund the stadium and it may end up costing us. Should have kept the attendances small. We don't need to play in front of 70000 home supporters and 20000 seats its uneccessary and I think we could be in trouble because of it.
Where would you suggest we play then? Do you really think Milton Keynes was a good idea.It's too far. None of the London clubs would have ground shared with us.
I think Wembley was the only feasible option(and i'm not a massive fan of the place)

You didnt base it on anything. You just made a statement the reality is I'm realistic whereas your deluded and sensitive about anything that bursts your little bubble regarding Tottenham Hotspur. Now ive laid down my opinion its realistic and nothing like for the reasons you claim it is

I don't live in a bubble as far as Spurs are concerned - you know absolutely nothing about me. Why not go on another rant about real men, and society, and the fucking younger generation? Bring back the birch and National Service and all the other cliche ridden shite you came out with the other day.

You're just an embittered old wanker like the many who stank out the Lane. Now you're doing it on here. Please, just please, stay away from Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom