Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yesterday was ten times worse than I thought it would be.

Had all the edge of a pre-season friendly.

Right by the divide in 117 and it was a joke. Chelsea taking the piss for 90 minutes.

Away's only this season. That's me & that place done.

I thought the atmos in the SW corner was decent. Can't expect too much from the first game anyway, people just feeling their way into this.

Besides, I could barely hear the Chelsea fans outside of their goals, even then not too loud, from where I was it sounded like there was 200 of them not 3,000

Anybody have a problem with getting in with new card. I was a bit pissed that mine did not work and I had to go to ticket office. They offered no reason and could not help sort it other than issue me with a paper ticket.
I couldn't get in with mine either... lucky I had the printed out ticket with the correct Newcastle fan sorry 'Barcode' on it... i'd have been fooked otherwise!
It might have been 'cos I got my Members card after I'd booked my ticket? Dunno, did anyone else have that problem?

Re: Half & Half Scarves:
Doesn't really matter who the opposition is
I think it does... there's a (albeit tiny) argument for the odd CL/European H&H scarf, especially as, if you think about it, by definition, away fans of every European game literally are Tourists!!
...and let's face it, the English/Scottish Half & Half bobble hats of the late 80's/early '90s were commonplace... so we're hardly ones to talk...

But no. There are a handful of teams' whose names do not warrant any place on the same item of clothing;
TOTTENHAM & Woolwich, CHELSEA/WEST HAM are obvious...
but let's face it, why would anyone want the name/badge of their local, hated rivals on their own scarf?

MAN UTD/MAN CITY, LIVERPOOL, LEEDS, SHEFF. WEDS/SHEFF. UTD... NEWCASTLE/SUNDERLAND
...and I assume to the same extent SOUTHAMPTON/POMPEY, IPSWICH/NORWICH... the list goes on!

...it's fucking ludicrous idea dreamed up by a marketing 'genius' who has clearly never genuinely supported a football club (and by the same token, never hated another club) in their lives!

Last edited:
Re: Half & Half Scarves:
I think it does... there's a (albeit tiny) argument for the odd CL/European H&H scarf, especially as the away fans of every European game literally are Tourists...!
...and let's face it, the English/Scottish Half & Half bobble hats of the lates 80's/early '90s were commonplace... so we're hardly ones to talk...

But no. There are a handful of teams' whose names do not warrant any place on the same item of clothing;
TOTTENHAM & Woolwich/CHELSEA/WEST HAM are obvious...
but let's face it, why would anyone want the name/badge of their local, hated rivals on their own scarf?

MAN UTD/MAN CITY/LIVERPOOL/LEEDS, SHEFF. WEDS/SHEFF. UTD... NEWCASTLE/SUNDERLAND
...and I assume to the same extent SOUTHAMPTON/POMPEY, IPSWICH/NORWICH... the list goes on!

...it's fucking ludicrous idea dreamed up by a marketing 'genius' who has clearly never genuinely supported a football club (and by the same token, never hated another club) in their lives!

If I was in Milan, Madrid, Marseille, wherever and really wanted a memento of the game I'd just buy one of their scarves....not a half & half one

Right by the divide in 117 and it was a joke. Chelsea taking the piss for 90 minutes.

Thanks for your support. Funny it's all "die hard" fans who can't be fucked to go to Wembley and moan about the support. People like you are a larger part of the problem

I thought the atmos in the SW corner was decent. Can't expect too much from the first game anyway, people just feeling their way into this.

Besides, I could barely hear the Chelsea fans outside of their goals, even then not too loud, from where I was it sounded like there was 200 of them not 3,000

Southwest corner was the place to be. Atmosphere was fine for a cagey game we ended up losing. If you can't be arsed to go, you've got no right complaining

Southwest corner was the place to be. Atmosphere was fine for a cagey game we ended up losing. If you can't be arsed to go, you've got no right complaining
Talking of SW 'corners'... what blocks are people buying in for Burnleh/Swansea who actually want to create an atmosphere?
I know for some of the CL/EL games last season, the club 'recommended' buying in something like blocks 130-140 or summit (I can't remember exactly)... is that the case now? ...and if not, can't we, as fans, agree to buy in certain areas where WE want to be?? We managed to organise 1000+ of us to Barnet for a Youth game... i'm sure we could do this!
LET'S RE-CREATE A SHELFSIDE/PARK LANE AREA (the "We're the Park lane/Shelfside" chants yesterday almost brought a tear to my eye... it's like some were trying so hard... then they drowned it out with a fucking amplified drum!
Wouldn't it be great if ALL the old Park Lane/Shelfside regulars could buy in adjacent blocks... then (like Runaround in the '80s) move to their respective areas and start the chant going... t'would be magic!

The reason would be two-fold.
a) we'll know where we all are, and
b) if enough like-minded fans buy there, then there won't be any spare for the half-and-half scarved Day trippers of this world!
They can spend their hard earned holiday money on the Upper tier! ...it wasn't somewhere I wanted to be yesterday unfortunately, yet found myself being 'high-fived' and asked to take photos of other 'fans' moments after we'd scored!
All I wanted to do was surge down the gangway and leap about like a mental... that's hard to do when you're up there in nosebleed territory... still, the feeling only lasted 6 minutes until those cunts scored again!

Talking of SW 'corners'... what blocks are people buying in for Burnleh/Swansea who actually want to create an atmosphere?
I know for some of the CL/EL games last season, the club 'recommended' buying in something like blocks 130-140 or summit (I can't remember exactly)... is that the case now? ...and if not, can't we, as fans, agree to buy in certain areas where WE want to be?? We managed to organise 1000+ of us to Barnet for a Youth game... i'm sure we could do this!
LET'S RE-CREATE A SHELFSIDE/PARK LANE AREA (the "We're the Park lane/Shelfside" chants yesterday almost brought a tear to my eye... it's like some were trying so hard... then they drowned it out with a fucking amplified drum!
Wouldn't it be great if ALL the old Park Lane/Shelfside regulars could buy in adjacent blocks... then (like Runaround in the '80s) move to their respective areas and start the chant going... t'would be magic!

b) if enough like-minded fans buy there, then there won't be any spare for the half-and-half scarved Day trippers of this world!
They can spend their hard earned holiday money on the Upper tier! ...it wasn't somewhere I wanted to be yesterday unfortunately, yet found myself being 'high-fived' and asked to take photos of other 'fans' moments after we'd scored!
All I wanted to do was surge down the gangway and leap about like a mental... that's hard to do when you're up there in nosebleed territory... still, the feeling only lasted 6 minutes until those cunts scored again!

I was in 131 & the atmosphere was pretty good overall. The result & the way the game panned out didn't help but it was better than i expected.

I was in 131 & the atmosphere was pretty good overall. The result & the way the game panned out didn't help but it was better than i expected.
Agree. Much, much better than I expected. Best new Wembley atmosphere I've heard. If it's like that for most of this season I'd be happy.

What it did lack was a slaty derby vibe which was disappointing, I wasn't feeling that too and don't know why.

Agree. Much, much better than I expected. Best new Wembley atmosphere I've heard. If it's like that for most of this season I'd be happy.

What it did lack was a slaty derby vibe which was disappointing, I wasn't feeling that too and don't know why.

Too far away from the Filth & you dont see them on that long walk up the high road to get the juices flowing. I some respects i wish i'd got my ticket near the away fans although pretty sure i would get launched pretty quickly if i were the only one giving them abuse.

After the equaliser went in, I saw a few bags of pic n mix get launched at the Chelsea fans - as if gifting them a victory wasn't enough, someone was thoughtful enough to give them their midget gems as well :dierno:

I think they're talking bollocks, I didn't go in through my "correct" gate and it worked fine.

Perhaps there are certain areas, I mean you probably have to go into the right tier and can't go into the away section but it seemed to be pretty much open the rest of the way around the lower tier. Your entrance letter I see more as the "recommended" entrance as it'll be the closest to your block.

Definitely worth a try if there's a short queue (mine was no queue at all at 3.15pm when I went in), if it rejects you just walk away nothing lost!
Yeah definitely something to try out at another game.
Mine was entrance N and had a pretty big queue at 3.45 which was why I asked about another entrance but didn't want to risk it with 15 mins to kick off!

Judging by the seating plan I got my season ticket on the aisle seat, got to my seat yesterday and it ended up being half way down the row, fuck knows why , I was up the top tier behind the goal and the atmosphere was shit up there , Half and half scarves against Chelski ? Going to Tottenham will never be the same again

I was in 127 which seemed to be the 'edge' of the Park Lane/Shelf crowd.
Stood for the whole game and had a pretty good sing song so I'm buzzing with my season ticket!

Looked from where i was that 117 was giving a load back , might see if i can get a move there myself.

All along the West stand it was a pretty decent atmosphere, I thought. I'm in 134 and a lot was coming from my area and that to the right. Couldn't really hear them lot too much, except when they took the piss (rightly) out of the drum.

Also, it must be mentioned that it's the first game I've been to for ages where I haven't heard whingeing around me. Result.

that's bang right mate ........ lets get near the away mob and give em plenty of shit, realize season ticket holders cant move but us members can , cant recreate the Lane but being miles from the away fans is shit

I was in 127 which seemed to be the 'edge' of the Park Lane/Shelf crowd.
Stood for the whole game and had a pretty good sing song so I'm buzzing with my season ticket!

Looked from where i was that 117 was giving a load back , might see if i can get a move there myself.

I'm in Block 130 for the Swansea game... hopefully that'll be near enough the 117/127/131 areas already mentioned to get the atmosphere going all along that area...
we need it to be close enough for songs to catch on, but out spaced enough for any chants to spread along the rest of the ground.
IT CAN BE DONE! IT WILL BE DONE. THY KINGDOM COME...

...or summit like that!

Back
Top Bottom