Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do have a semi-unrelated question though based on some of the additional discussion on here.

If I purchase 2 ST to a team here in the states I am free to use the tickets for myself or any friend/family member I choose. From what I am gathering with the questions about tickets for parents/children, if I purchase a ST for Spurs I would have to purchase the 2nd for a specific person and only that person can use it unless it is officially transferred via StubHub?

Ok, so seems the best way (like above) is to buy two full price STs and bite the bullet, then my Mum and Dad can go when they like and pass them to my bro and me when they don't feel up to making the journey. Spurs will actually make more money this way due to my parents not exercising their concessions...

So a follow-up question:

Officially my rents shouldn't pass their ticket out but in practice will this be ok? Is there something at the ground put in place to stop this happening or is it common?

I do have a semi-unrelated question though based on some of the additional discussion on here.

If I purchase 2 ST to a team here in the states I am free to use the tickets for myself or any friend/family member I choose. From what I am gathering with the questions about tickets for parents/children, if I purchase a ST for Spurs I would have to purchase the 2nd for a specific person and only that person can use it unless it is officially transferred via StubHub?
Officially speaking, only the person who is named on a Season Ticket, or even on a member's ticket, is allowed to use that ticket. It can differ a bit on the rare occasions where a match goes on general sale or you can buy a guest ticket, but for most matches this is the case.

Unofficially, it's very common practice for tickets to be passed around amongst friends/family. The staff on the turnstiles never try to match up the name on the ticket to the person using it. However when a concession ticket is being used, i.e. child or pensioner, they may well eye up the person to see if they look young/old enough - hence the discussion on this thread.

Edit: at Wembley they have automated barcode scanners on the turnstiles, but I believe they have a system where a light on the other side flashes when a concession ticket is scanned, so that somebody standing on the other side can eye up the person using it. Means they don't need so many staff per turnstile. I imagine our new stadium will have this system too - most new build grounds do.

Ok, so seems the best way (like above) is to buy two full price STs and bite the bullet, then my Mum and Dad can go when they like and pass them to my bro and me when they don't feel up to making the journey. Spurs will actually make more money this way due to my parents not exercising their concessions...

So a follow-up question:

Officially my rents shouldn't pass their ticket out but in practice will this be ok? Is there something at the ground put in place to stop this happening or is it common?

VERY common.

Officially speaking, only the person who is named on a Season Ticket, or even on a member's ticket, is allowed to use that ticket. It can differ a bit on the rare occasions where a match goes on general sale or you can buy a guest ticket, but for most matches this is the case.

Unofficially, it's very common practice for tickets to be passed around amongst friends/family. The staff on the turnstiles never try to match up the name on the ticket to the person using it. However when a concession ticket is being used, i.e. child or pensioner, they may well eye up the person to see if they look young/old enough - hence the discussion on this thread.

Edit: at Wembley they have automated barcode scanners on the turnstiles, but I believe they have a system where a light on the other side flashes when a concession ticket is scanned, so that somebody standing on the other side can eye up the person using it. Means they don't need so many staff per turnstile. I imagine our new stadium will have this system too - most new build grounds do.
OK thanks, makes a bit more sense.

I have to say I dont think this theory of growing the fan base has any legs....you either support Spurs or you dont.

I dont want 35000 fans that used to support Watford or Luton anyway

I have to say I dont think this theory of growing the fan base has any legs....you either support Spurs or you dont.

There are thousands of fans that do need to re-engage with the club though. I've got several old mates, some still living in Tottenham, but they have been to maybe one game in 10 years or so, some longer than that. Basically they can barely afford to buy a ticket or if they can they can't get hold of one to buy (at face). They will watch the game on TV, they are completely out of the habit of buying a ticket let alone going to a game. I saw one of them recently and asked if he got his CL tickets for Wembley, he didn't know he could he was that out of touch. But as I say he and his mates all get together every game and follow that way.

But 100% agree with you, if you don't follow Tottenham, don't follow Tottenham. Fuck off go select another club on your spin the wheel selector.

you say you wont but you may, loads already saying they are not renewing plus if the ST uptake is anything like it has been for last few years then you will be offered, only 1 in 5 have taken up a ST from bronze membership in last 3 years,

Interesting, I wont get my hopes up just yet though.
Having slept on it and let the pricing structure sink in Its probably not as bad as I first thought.

I was expecting prices to be cheaper to be honest. I travel from Birmingham so Wembley will be easier for me train from Moor st to the stadium but I do have a budget. Going by the season ticket prices match day admission prices will be pretty similar to what they were this season. I'd imagine the upper tier tickets behind both goals will be fairly cheap, but not an ideal vantage point for my aging eyes.

I don't think it's necessarily only about trying to gain new fans from other clubs, it's more about encouraging those who've not tried getting a ticket before because of either affordability or availability. Wembley and the new ground should solve the availability element but if prices remain at the same level, some fans will still feel priced out.

Both my old man and Uncle (life-long Spurs fans) were on the ST waiting list for years. Sadly both passed away before they were even offered the chance to buy one.

They'd be spinning in their graves if I passed up the opportunity to by one.

There are kids all over North London who may have vague links to Tottenham, but who we could really engage and cement as Tottenham fans for life.

We have a genuinely massive opportunity to grow our fan base among the younger generation, partly capitalising on the goons' demise, as well as réengage some of those older fans who we've lost in the over sanitised PL era.

There's no reason and no need to screw fans for ticket prices now. The income from TV and sponsorship is just too huge.

Yes they would because they're not all idiots. Honestly, I can't be arsed to discuss this with americans. You're mostly thick as shit when it comes to football.
Not cool.
american-british-stand-united.jpg

Question for the existing STH...

Does leave expect you to stump up the cash in a big lump, or does he allow you to spread the cost over the season?
The club have in the past run a finance scheme where you pay in instalments. When you consider the interest charge, as others have pointed out, it's cheaper to take a new credit card offer with zero interest for 12 months (or similar offer) and buy it on that. You can then pay it off over time and it's a lot cheaper.

The club have in the past run a finance scheme where you pay in instalments. When you consider the interest charge, as others have pointed out, it's cheaper to take a new credit card offer with zero interest for 12 months (or similar offer) and buy it on that. You can then pay it off over time and it's a lot cheaper.
Ah didn't realise they charged interest. I'll just drop the cash in that case.

I renewed my membership today... I'm on 49k on the waiting list. I have some questions:

1) How are my chances to get a ST for 2017/2018 in Wembley?
2) Multi game packages will be available for Wembley, but probably not for the new stadium, no?
3) I want to get a ST to Wembley, but I am never going to be able to go to all matches, maybe 4 or 5... do you think I could resell all the games I can't attend for FV through StubHub?

Thing is, I used to hate StubHub, but with both Wembley and the new stadium coming up, I could buy a ST without having to worry about the tickets for a game. Both stadiums will have more capacity, which means the prices will go down and actually be fair. I'm just worrying about losing money if there will be games, where I can't manage to sell my tickets. My flights would be cheaper as well, because I could plan my weekends.

I renewed my membership today... I'm on 49k on the waiting list. I have some questions:

1) How are my chances to get a ST for 2017/2018 in Wembley?
2) Multi game packages will be available for Wembley, but probably not for the new stadium, no?
3) I want to get a ST to Wembley, but I am never going to be able to go to all matches, maybe 4 or 5... do you think I could resell all the games I can't attend for FV through StubHub?

Thing is, I used to hate StubHub, but with both Wembley and the new stadium coming up, I could buy a ST without having to worry about the tickets for a game. Both stadiums will have more capacity, which means the prices will go down and actually be fair. I'm just worrying about losing money if there will be games, where I can't manage to sell my tickets. My flights would be cheaper as well, because I could plan my weekends.
I don't know why you want a season ticket if you can only go to 4 or 5 games?

Back
Top Bottom