Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, they are looking to expand STs by 18k which will take it up to around 39k. Away fans at 5% are 4.5k totalling almost 45k. Say 5k for corporates (?) which still leaves 35k tickets on offer (based on the 85k we got for European matches).

They will still have to give members first crack of the whip. I don't think o will struggle to get tix for the games I want.

Looks to me that I am paying about the same for South stand as I do currently in the East Stand, but if I don't pay up then basically all those loyalty points and access to the new stadium vanishes like an Woolwich title challenge.

Given away tickets are capped at ยฃ30 a seat then that could have been a fair point to sell the majority of tickets at. It's virtually there at ยฃ695 a season anyway so silly to miss that PR point. Overall the prices are just about ok. Just. But it's Wembley and it's an arse ache, that's the real problem.

Those two cup games are now gone for good as well. They have been eyeing them up for years and that is that now. That is a shame too.

Assuming an average entry price of ยฃ40 per ticket and a sell out game Wembley will generate 3.6 million per match day well over 2 million more tthan WHL. We don't know what the FA have charged but it's likely to be cheap ish, ENIC are doing well out of this season !

Added: looks like ยฃ11 million a season is the rental charge. A shit load more than West Ham pay !

Given the waiting list and the incentive of getting higher priority at the new stadium (maybe), the pricing parity compared to current tickets is not a surprise, albeit slightly disappointing.

So if you are offered a season ticket but decline as Wembley is not an option do you hold your place on the season ticket queue or get banished to the back of the queue??

So if you are offered a season ticket but decline as Wembley is not an option do you hold your place on the season ticket queue or get banished to the back of the queue??

My guess is that you hold your place in line but the club will offer all the way down the list until the allocation is filled (e.g. an extra 18000).

So then it comes to next season you'll be top of the list but it will be back to only a few hundred turning over a season... (and bluntly won't be many giving up for the first season IMO)

Got everyone by the balls really as demand after this season will be the highest its been. Would of been nice if the prices was a bit lower seeing we got to travel to Wembley :pochsulk:

Still musing.

The club can't take away tickets from the 18k new STs when we go back to WHL?

In that case I think if you turn down an ST this coming season, you will remain on the waiting list, albeit further up the ladder.

It's a shame they haven't priced this a bit more imaginatively. If individual tickets are priced in line with ST's it's only going to be near to capacity for one league game.

Surely it would have been better to keep prices low and have the stadium at near capacity, but they can't do that now as the ST holders would go wild.

Still musing.

In that case I think if you turn down an ST this coming season, you will remain on the waiting list, albeit further up the ladder.

Basically the club are saying you can get your season ticket now for Wembley, and that will guarantee you the season after at the new WHL and you can still sell your tickets on stub hub......
Or miss out on Wembley and chances are you will miss out for the new WHL as well.....
so I'm guessing next season will be able to pick up tickets for pennies on stub hub, as those who don't want to travel to Wembley will still renew the season ticket with the view of flogging the majority of games, which will mean the stadium is half full of tourists......
Expecting a proper shite atmosphere at the majority of games then.....

This is extremely disappointing news. I don't understand why they asked for full capacity for all the games - it's not going to get close for most. I hope tickets are sold for the first two tiers only, with the top tier open only when those tiers have sold out.

Guys my perspective on this - I've been fleeced this year as a Bronze member and suffering the ballot. Had to apply to West Upper to have best chance of tickets for me and my son. If no luck in the ballot then huge rip off at CuntHub (thanks Nutter-Naylor well named) to get tickets.
Yes Wembley is a complete pain in the arse for getting home but I'm gonna save a fortune compared with this year. I'm 10,xxx on wait list so delighted to finally get a season ticket.

Still musing.

That's how I see it.. I wouldn't turn one down as you could lose out. They aint stupid they know the score.

First year that I became a STH again I only had the option of the Paxton. The atmosphere and people around me were dire, but it was worth it to get the chance to relocate to the Park Lane the following year, which I did. If you want a decent ST at the new WHL, then get one now.

It's a shame they haven't priced this a bit more imaginatively. If individual tickets are priced in line with ST's it's only going to be near to capacity for one league game.

Surely it would have been better to keep prices low and have the stadium at near capacity, but they can't do that now as the ST holders would go wild.
It seems like a missed opportunity to me... and is rapidly turning into a PR disaster when we seemed to be really coming together as a club.

Back
Top Bottom