Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just worried we are going to look like a bunch of cunts on tv with a half full stadium, cos we've fucked up the pricing. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Stoke at home on a freezing Wednesday night in January concerns me slightly

Any way they price tickets for Wembley they will make people mad. If they cut the price significantly for 17/18 at Wembley and then increase drastically for 18/19 at the New Lane, do you think ST holders would be any happier? I don't... The backlash from that would probably be a lot worse than keeping relatively stable for next year.

Any way they price tickets for Wembley they will make people mad. If they cut the price significantly for 17/18 at Wembley and then increase drastically for 18/19 at the New Lane, do you think ST holders would be any happier? I don't... The backlash from that would probably be a lot worse than keeping relatively stable for next year.
You couldn't be more wrong. Wembley is a one off with a silly capacity. They could have had an amnesty for all fans for next season only. You seem to know an awful lot for a yank? I'm getting used to this though.

So says some entitled cunt from North Carolina. Get in the bin you fucking wand.

Had enough of these cunts. Why don't the yank fans condemn these wankers?

Dont answer, I know. It certainly isn't 'One Hotspur' that's for certain. It's as divided as it ever was. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
You couldn't be more wrong. Wembley is a one off with a silly capacity. They could have had an amnesty for all fans for next season only.
I'm not buying it. So what would be an acceptable ST cost for next year? £500? And you think ST holders would cry foul at the cost jumping to £750+ at the new lane the next year?

I'm not buying it. So what would be an acceptable ST cost for next year? £500? And you think ST holders would cry foul at the cost jumping to £750+ at the new lane the next year?

Yes they would because they're not all idiots. Honestly, I can't be arsed to discuss this with americans. You're mostly thick as shit when it comes to football.

Don't get it.

Paying less (rarely went to a cup game and when I did they were £25) for a season ticket at Wembley. Have a Zone 1-4 Oyster for work anyway so not paying more for that, never eat or drink inside the stadium as that's always been a rip off.

Why the grousing? Can't believe they'd ever sell Prem season tickets at the same price they did for Gent. Kind of what I expected

I think this is a massive own goal by the club tbh. Massive.
This was a huge opportunity to capture a new generation of fans for the future. Now there's no way they can price individual games or match bundles at an attractive price otherwise ST holders will look like mugs. I was all for the move to Wembley, But I was also £xpecting prices to be slashed across the board to ensure a full and vibrant stadium. What was the fucking point in securing a 90k capacity. The Club have acted like cunts.

I think there might be a wider disparity in the Categories next season.

Something like Cat C £20, Cat B £35, Cat A £70. Roughly speaking obviously.

That's the only way they could sell out without making a seasons worth of individual tickets cheaper than Season Tickets IMO.

Travel wise really pisses me off as I can get to WHL on my annual travel pass. Wembley is 2 extra singles to Zone 4 each way. An extra £6/7 or so to go on top of each game

Personally, I never thought Spurs would drastically reduce the price of season tickets for Wembley. And the current season ticket holders and new ones (who buy one to guarantee themselves a season ticket at the new stadium) who don’t want to go will continue to list their tickets on stubhub (but hopefully with little gain next season).

I am hoping that they see sense though and do make the cup games more affordable.

It will be interesting to see how many bronze members actually take up the offer of a season ticket as I always thought that waiting list is a bit false. When I have spoken to some fans at matches who are on it, some have said that if offered a season ticket they probably would not be in a position to afford it.

If we continue the level of football playing at moment, I don’t think Spurs will have too much trouble filling the seats. If our football/results drop off, then……….

And although Wembley is not ideal for most of us travel wise, it is only for one season and most Spurs fans will go to any lengths to support their team.

The problem with Wembley is that it will mean more away fans and when you have got 5,000 (?) of them (or for cup games potentially 10,000 ) all in one area, they can generate a bloody good noise.

Personally, I never thought Spurs would drastically reduce the price of season tickets for Wembley. And the current season ticket holders and new ones (who buy one to guarantee themselves a season ticket at the new stadium) who don’t want to go will continue to list their tickets on stubhub (but hopefully with little gain next season).

Unless Spurs change the rules, they won't be able to list them on Stubhub (even if its for only a couple of £), as they can only do this if the game is officially a sellout....and I can't see us selling out 90,000 for more than a couple of games at those prices.

Unless Spurs change the rules, they won't be able to list them on Stubhub (even if its for only a couple of £), as they can only do this if the game is officially a sellout....and I can't see us selling out 90,000 for more than a couple of games at those prices.

Oh, didn't realise that. Good news on that front then

I think this is a massive own goal by the club tbh. Massive.
This was a huge opportunity to capture a new generation of fans for the future. Now there's no way they can price individual games or match bundles at an attractive price otherwise ST holders will look like mugs. I was all for the move to Wembley, But I was also £xpecting prices to be slashed across the board to ensure a full and vibrant stadium. What was the fucking point in securing a 90k capacity. The Club have acted like cunts.

I don't often agree with John Thomas but I think he's nailed this one - disappointing from the club.

Searching for a counter argument, you could say that the club didn't want to undervalue the tickets because then people would buy just to secure next year when they had no intention of actually turning up to Wembley.
I think they could have dealt with that by offering a separate 'can't get to Wembley but want to secure for place on the waiting list for WHL STs - buy option for £200' and then separately sold the Wembley tickets for £500 but made explicit that having a Wembley ST didn't guarantee a WHL ST.

I'm bronze and will probably fork out the cash because I've been waiting for a WHL ST for years and I can't afford to lose my place - but I doubt I'll get to all the Wembley games, because it's just not 'home'.

Of sh*t. That's a good point to be honest.....

I'm just worried we are going to look like a bunch of cunts on tv with a half full stadium, cos we've fucked up the pricing. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Considering that the 'Premium' section is the bit that the TV cameras are pointed directly at, we'll definitely have a lot of empty seats visible

Those two cup games are now gone for good as well. They have been eyeing them up for years and that is that now. That is a shame too.
They were more than happy to include them when our first two cup matches of the season were a Europa League qualifier and a League Cup match against someone like Northampton. Now that it might mean having to give away free Champions League tickets it's a different story

1st thoughts are that the club have seriously fucked up on pricing for next season. Ive only recently become a bronze member (63000 on the waiting list) so thankfully I wont have a difficult decision to make regarding season ticket.

I was fully intending going to every game next season but that was assuming prices were going to be a lot cheaper than looks likely.
you say you wont but you may, loads already saying they are not renewing plus if the ST uptake is anything like it has been for last few years then you will be offered, only 1 in 5 have taken up a ST from bronze membership in last 3 years,

Back
Top Bottom