Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st thoughts are that the club have seriously fucked up on pricing for next season. Ive only recently become a bronze member (63000 on the waiting list) so thankfully I wont have a difficult decision to make regarding season ticket.

I was fully intending going to every game next season but that was assuming prices were going to be a lot cheaper than looks likely.

I don't know who the fuck pissed in your Cheerios but if you think anyone will just overlook that kind of increase your fucking crazy.
I'm a STH and I would totally accept pricing of e.g. £600 for Wembley and then £900 for the new WHL. Next season could and should be about growing the fan base. We have a chance to build our presence in another part of North London. But we've blown it and pissed off our STHs at the same time.

can I get a bit of insight from those who know?

My Dad (74) has been on the waiting list with my Mum for quite a number of years and it would seem like he is about to get his dream however my Mum needs a back operation which means it's unlikely she will be able to travel much in the next year or so but he is keen to not miss his opportunity - for obvious reasons...

My Dad asked if there was a way to upgrade their pensioner/concessions tickets to a full adult so me, my bother or nephew would be able to accompany him until she is ready to travel? Truth be told I don't think she is well enough to travel to many mid-week games so this will be something that will continue.

I'm not liking the thought of him travelling alone as it's over 2hrs each way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My Dad (74) has been on the waiting list with my Mum for quite a number of years and it would seem like he is about to get his dream however my Mum needs a back operation which means it's unlikely she will be able to travel much in the next year or so but he is keen to not miss his opportunity - for obvious reasons...

My Dad asked if there was a way to upgrade their pensioner/concessions tickets to a full adult so me, my bother or nephew would be able to accompany him until she is ready to travel? Truth be told I don't think she is well enough to travel to many mid-week games so this will be something that will continue.

The club's official line would be that season tickets aren't transferable, so it would be against their terms for you/your brother/your nephew to use your mum's ticket - whether it's a concession or a full price ticket. However if you explain the situation nicely to someone at the ticket office I imagine they might find a way to make it work for you.

The club's official line would be that season tickets aren't transferable, so it would be against their terms for you/your brother/your nephew to use your mum's ticket - whether it's a concession or a full price ticket. However if you explain the situation nicely to someone at the ticket office I imagine they might find a way to make it work for you.

Didn't take long, already seen someone offering full or part share in next year's ST on FB. Plenty of takers as well.

Your parents might just be able to buy it without a concession next season - I'm not sure if Spurs automatically apply the concession or whether you have to manually select it on the website when purchasing. Then for the year after, just make sure the concession is applied. Telling Spurs you intend to share the season ticket might not be the best option. They (like most clubs) generally turn a blind eye to sharing of season tickets - but I'm not sure how they'd react if you were honest and open about it in advance!

Your parents might just be able to buy it without a concession next season - I'm not sure if Spurs automatically apply the concession or whether you have to manually select it on the website when purchasing. Then for the year after, just make sure the concession is applied. Telling Spurs you intend to share the season ticket might not be the best option. They (like most clubs) generally turn a blind eye to sharing of season tickets - but I'm not sure how they'd react if you were honest and open about it in advance!

Yes, I did kinda think that. just buy one on a concession for him and another normal one. Sure my Nephew is young and my Mum old but me and my brother still count as full price which is fine. Becomes a problem if my Dad can't go and me and my brother try and take his place. Due to it being a concession the same would be true of his ticket.

Is there much difference in price? Maybe I could cover the difference for him?

Also very interested in this. My Dad turns 65 next season so will be half price. He goes to 90% of matches but when he can't I obviously just get a mate along in his place. From next year I don't want to have to find a pensioner friend to take his place... also obviously don't want to deliberately fraud the club from half revenue and risk getting in the shit if I take an adult. Would happily pay the difference somehow - but guess this is outside my terms and conditions. Awkward situation.

At the minute I'm a bit too far down the list to be offered a ticket (36,000 ish) but I'll not be surprised if I do get an offer before the season starts.

I am however amazed that they've gone at this level of pricing. Whilst Spurs know that the hook of an ST at the new stadium will draw enough existing and new ST holders at Wembley, it means that tickets to members / General sale will also have to remain at current levels. Crazy IMO as whilst your casual fans will happily spend £20 on a game, spending £30+ on CAT B, CAT C games just isn't going to create enough demand to fill Wembley. With all our problems performing at Wembley, we really needed an atmosphere to drive the team on next year and I just can't see us selling out anything other than the CAT A games. Pretty short sighted IMO and they've missed a trick to grow the fanbase.

WHL is about 1hr 30mins from me whereas Wembley can take me an extra hour to get to. Given the pricing strategy and where I am in terms of loyalty points, doesn't really make much sense in me taking up the offer if it comes. The only advantage from my perspective is an ability to start collecting loyalty points on a Season Ticket rather than membership for the Away Days and I'm just not sure it's worth it.

Also very interested in this. My Dad turns 65 next season so will be half price. He goes to 90% of matches but when he can't I obviously just get a mate along in his place. From next year I don't want to have to find a pensioner friend to take his place... also obviously don't want to deliberately fraud the club from half revenue and risk getting in the shit if I take an adult. Would happily pay the difference somehow - but guess this is outside my terms and conditions. Awkward situation.

Called the ticket office, not interested... Said my Dad could sell my Mums ticket to a random via stubhubb but that's it. Said I didn't like the thought of him travelling alone – they said sorry but is what it is... Guess they want to make a commissions on reselling.

Called the ticket office, not interested... Said my Dad could sell my Mums ticket to a random via stubhubb but that's it. Said I didn't like the thought of him travelling alone – they said sorry but is what it is... Guess they want to make a commissions on reselling.
West ham sell kids tickets for £100 and they can upgrade when ever they want - you see lots of empties for the crap games and then tourists for the good games as upgrading and selling makes loads and losing the £5 for the crap games does nto bother them. I know this isn't the case with you but making upgrading too easy can lead to similar situations.

Finding it hard to fathom why some 'fans' are laying into the Trust on this issue. As if they can influence Daniel Levy to that degree. Just an easy target for internet cowards. Personally i think they do a decent job for little or no thanks. Thankless task.

Finding it hard to fathom why some 'fans' are laying into the Trust on this issue. As if they can influence Daniel Levy to that degree. Just an easy target for internet cowards. Personally i think they do a decent job for little or no thanks. Thankless task.
Just been reading some of their Twitter convos. It's staggering how rude/abusive people are being to them. I don't doubt for one second that THST lobbied as hard as they could on this, but ultimately they have no power over the club's commercial decisions. It's that simple.

Just been reading some of their Twitter convos. It's staggering how rude/abusive people are being to them. I don't doubt for one second that THST lobbied as hard as they could on this, but ultimately they have no power over the club's commercial decisions. It's that simple.

If i was in the Trust i would jack it in. Don't need that shit from people that couldn't organise their own sock drawer.

Thanks, yep that's what I imagine.
I know many other clubs are flexible in this situation, someone mentioned West Ham and I know also at Glasgow Rangers you can
I guess it comes down to demand and supply. This club can be cunts because there is always someone else to buy..

I never meant to cause arguments over my opinion on how the front office is pricing tickets at Wembley; I never expected the backlash that being an American with an opinion would generate.

Maybe all of the ST holder are level headed and would fully understand if they discounted a huge amount next year coupled with the expected increase for 18/19. I would just expect an uprising along the lines of "They are trying to price the true fans out of games!" if there was an increase of 30% or more from 17/18 - 18/19.

Back
Top Bottom