Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was a few seats across from the away fans in what was actually the 'Paxton' end transferred. Many familiar faces but some 'newer' ones who obviously want to get at the away support. Like my seat (standing spot) as well.

Plenty of back and forth across the cargo net, all a bit tragic from both ends. "Don't Hold Me back!!!" - Seriously noone is holding you back mate, just go across the divide. "Seriously, don't Hold Me back!!!!" - Noone is holding you back. "If I wasn't been held back...."

:dembele:

No hiding from that eh! A group of us have ended up in block 106 that was announced as a family section after we agreed the seats.

Wasn't the worst atmosphere I've been at. After the goal, i was actually impressed. It's what we make of it.

My first experience of being a season ticket holder and must say, i had a blinding day! We left early and got to Wembley Central station just after 11am. We then walked towards the ground stopping off at The Liquor Store, JJ Moons and finally The Green Man (all allocated as Tottenham pubs)

Liquor Store - Large pub, good seating and started off at just £3.50/pint, although they put the prices up to £5.00/pint at around 1pm.Just started to get busier as we left and there was about 7 serving behind the bar so no problems getting served at this time. No real atmosphere as was a bit early i think.

JJ Moons - Think it was about £3.00/pint (being a Wetherspoons) with loads of seating, no problem getting served. Better atmosphere, some singing but not a lot... seemed quite 'family friendly' so didn't look like it was going to get too lively!

The Green Man - This was the best of the three, although the hill was a killer after a few earlier pints! Plenty of smaller bars set up in the gardens (looked like little sheds), few barmaids walking round selling Jager Bombs, large marquee/canopy in the garden and plenty of space. Good few songs going and all in all, a good atmosphere.

Our tickets are up in section 545 and to be honest, it was much better than i expected... really decent view and better atmosphere than expected. Agree with most others that the West side seemed the place to be but also agree the drumming was naff.

Stopped off for a couple of pints after the match before train home and despite the result, atmosphere was pretty good in Wetherspoons and the Liquor Store...

Not a bad day considering the disappointing result... rough as a dogs asshole today and my throat is fooked, but roll on next week.

And yes... i did take a few photos to show the kids, i did wave the flag at kick-off (draw the line at the half-half scarf though) but also sang my heart out to support the team and enjoyed every minute of it.

was in 550 mate atmosphere were,nt terrible in fact after our goal it was deafening but there was a lot of people up there just watching in silence waiting to be entertained ......... this aint the theatre get involved

I was in 117 beside the Chelsea fans, atmosphere was decent and standing the whole match. Could see the SW corner giving it plenty at times but the chants never made it down our length, the middle blocks didn't seem as vocal bar after the goal.
Purchased a ticket in block 129 for the Bournemouth match, hopefully it should be good enough in there. £35 for a ticket so not bad at all. Having had to use stubhub quite a bit last season these tickets in comparison are relatively cheap.

new season ticket holder here, block 127 row1, decent area to be in. weirdly the people either side of me sat for most of it, then I realised everyone else was standing so I was happy again :)
Also glad we've announced the tannoy drum is already been axed! that was embarrassing.

at the end of the day Wembley will never be close to The Lane, even at the front the distance to the pitch is far (I'm guessing the furthest in the league with the London Stadium?). I'm hoping the new ground despite it's greater size will not be so far away.

I am very happy to be down this end, the other side/half the stadium was very quiet.

my brother was in 121 and said it was Ok, but two guys moaned the whole game complaining the atmosphere was crap yet didn't join in any chant! come on guys!

Which Premier league teams haven't ever played at 'new' Wembley? Just thinking for them it will be a massive novelty. Perhaps Bournemouth? A few others?

My first experience of being a season ticket holder and must say, i had a blinding day! We left early and got to Wembley Central station just after 11am. We then walked towards the ground stopping off at The Liquor Store, JJ Moons and finally The Green Man (all allocated as Tottenham pubs)

Liquor Store - Large pub, good seating and started off at just £3.50/pint, although they put the prices up to £5.00/pint at around 1pm.Just started to get busier as we left and there was about 7 serving behind the bar so no problems getting served at this time. No real atmosphere as was a bit early i think.

JJ Moons - Think it was about £3.00/pint (being a Wetherspoons) with loads of seating, no problem getting served. Better atmosphere, some singing but not a lot... seemed quite 'family friendly' so didn't look like it was going to get too lively!

The Green Man - This was the best of the three, although the hill was a killer after a few earlier pints! Plenty of smaller bars set up in the gardens (looked like little sheds), few barmaids walking round selling Jager Bombs, large marquee/canopy in the garden and plenty of space. Good few songs going and all in all, a good atmosphere.

Our tickets are up in section 545 and to be honest, it was much better than i expected... really decent view and better atmosphere than expected. Agree with most others that the West side seemed the place to be but also agree the drumming was naff.

Stopped off for a couple of pints after the match before train home and despite the result, atmosphere was pretty good in Wetherspoons and the Liquor Store...

Not a bad day considering the disappointing result... rough as a dogs asshole today and my throat is fooked, but roll on next week.

And yes... i did take a few photos to show the kids, i did wave the flag at kick-off (draw the line at the half-half scarf though) but also sang my heart out to support the team and enjoyed every minute of it.
I second your opinion on the Green Man - was excellent in there. Hardly any queues, loads of space, a bit of atmosphere, fit barmaids.

Was a few seats across from the away fans in what was actually the 'Paxton' end transferred. Many familiar faces but some 'newer' ones who obviously want to get at the away support. Like my seat (standing spot) as well.

Plenty of back and forth across the cargo net, all a bit tragic from both ends. "Don't Hold Me back!!!" - Seriously noone is holding you back mate, just go across the divide. "Seriously, don't Hold Me back!!!!" - Noone is holding you back. "If I wasn't been held back...."

:dembele:
I am same end as you though to your right. I thought the atmosphere was good. Better than in the Paxton Upper. I think because we are closer to the pitch (in terms of height, albeit not length-wise) and like you say because some people want to be nearer the away support. Plenty of people from Park Lane around me.

The acid test will be Burnley but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised.

Yep. Which is exactly why I say Wembley is too big for us. We can't delude ourselves into thinking we can fill a 90000 seater stadium. Certainly not on a regular basis and certainly not without cheap tickets. A lot of fans don't like that but its reality. Its a reason I think we're gonna struggle at home this season. Yeah we played well against Chelsea but the rest of it was a debacle the atmosphere the stupid drum and the result. Bigger teams like Chelsea get to play in stadiums like Wembley season after season its second nature to them.
Well it will be second nature to us if we play there all the time, which is what we are doing, no?

Also, why do you have the expectation of selling out the place, who gives a fuck? England have never sold out Wembley!

Apparently we have sold more than 70k for Burnley this weekend, +70K against fucking Burnley!!! So, for the 2nd week running Spurs will have the highest attendance figures in the League, by more than 15K!!! yet you seem to scoff at this, why?

Where there fuck else do you think we should be playing?

I have no idea where you where you were sitting last Sunday, but the atmosphere was pretty decent I thought, far, far better than I have ever experienced at Wembley before (with the exception of the final whilst in 2008). The only thing it lacked was a thick salty derby day atmosphere which was disappointing, and we can all agree the drum thing was a fucking shambles.

Leave it out of course Chelsea are a bigger team they got glory supporters up and down the country, the win trophy on top of trophy its obvious
Your fanbase in England is smaller than ours, and you struggle to sell out Wembley when you only have 40% of the tickets, never mind 95%. Good luck with 4 years at that place - some of your crowds will be really funny.

Back
Top Bottom