TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic game, btw.

So awesome seing Wembley rock up.

Think of how great the [naming rights] stadium at WHL is going to be, with steeper stands and closer crowd proximity.

Did I mention that I fucking hate Liverpool?

the liverpool game was just the tonic to understand what is needed of us at home - I know our tactics were enforced by absences to a degree but i really hope Poch doesn't go back to trying to dominate possession. Easier said than done as lesser sides will sit back a lot, but chelsea did it last year and leicester the year before.

The way RAWK shuts down threads on their forum exemplifies everything I hate about that club. They are like soviet era cult trying to protect their glorified image from any criticism.

The way RAWK shuts down threads on their forum exemplifies everything I hate about that club. They are like soviet era cult trying to protect their glorified image from any criticism.
That, and how fucking weird is it that they have seperate threads for pre match, first half, second half, and post match. A bit excessive much?

xx.gif

Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #1730 on: Today at 02:17:05 PM »

Basically if we swapped teams yesterday, Liverpool would have won. Can't really argue that...

that's fucking mental :pochshock:

xx.gif

Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #1730 on: Today at 02:17:05 PM »

If we swapped keepers and had one of their center halves instead of lovren then they'd have lost yesterday I reckon. Give us a striker for good measure and we might have twatted them.
That's despite our very ordinary midfield.
I know its all a bit "if my aunty had balls" stuff but it just shows the small margins between being title contenders and a team that don't look good enough for fourth. Which is what we are.
Klopp had too much faith in certain players but I'm sure he realises that now. He is the right man to fix it.
For now lovren and mignolet must be dropped. It remains to be seen if the players replacing them are any better but its better to find out now so we know what our priority signings are in the next windows.

Basically if we swapped teams yesterday, Liverpool would have won. Can't really argue that...

Their priority was signing a decent centre half, Virgil Van Dijk in fact. When that deal collapsed early in the window they had plenty of time to sign someone else, say Davinson Sanchez in fact. Instead they signed Oxlade-Chamberlain for £35m a player they could get for free in 9 months time. Their transfer strategy and committee is a complete joke.

Their priority was signing a decent centre half, Virgil Van Dijk in fact. When that deal collapsed early in the window they had plenty of time to sign someone else, say Davinson Sanchez in fact. Instead they signed Oxlade-Chamberlain for £35m a player they could get for free in 9 months time. Their transfer strategy and committee is a complete joke.

Long may it continue.

tenor.gif

dont forget the wodge of cash they dropped to sign the guy from one of the red bull clubs.(for next year) more than the get out clause they would have paid at the end of the year to get first dibs.

Last edited:
That, and how fucking weird is it that they have seperate threads for pre match, first half, second half, and post match. A bit excessive much?
nooo...don't forget, the least knowledgeable bin dipper is an expert. they need separate threads to keep track or all their thoughtful analysis of the game

He could have gone down right there and then the talking heads would have called him soft. I'm glad he stayed up and went with it.

It was an excellent run wasn't it, showed a great burst of pace and superb balance moving the ball with his left and right foot to get away from Can.

Reminded me a bit of Zidane, dare I say it.

Back
Top Bottom