TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

”They didn't win because they were all that excellent. We gave them every single goal. They didn't have to work for the win. We just gift wrapped our arses and gave it to them. That's the galling part. I can take being beaten by a superior team. I can't stomach losing it like that.”
:avbshock:

Lovren and Matip were also deceived by Tripps' delivery - no excuse for their hopeless insouciance but they clearly thought the outrushing keeper would get there first.

Lovely day yesterday. Marred only slightly by the fuckup at the N/M turnstiles where ST holders from other blocks were not being let in despite having been emailed to go there - I'm in B and that was OK, but others weren't. Their (understandable) anger then blocked the queue and meant no-one was getting in..... I stood there for 20 minutes and missed the start. Wembley needs to get its act together.

What a pleasure to sing out loud for a whole lot of the match - atmosphere was much much better. Hope everyone enjoyed it yesterday and will do it again - how great is NWHL going to be!

Felt sorry for the scousers, I think their "but we used to be a good team" reality is finally, after 20 years, coming home to them - chatted to a couple of lads on the train home and they were respectful and complimentary about us.

”They didn't win because they were all that excellent. We gave them every single goal. They didn't have to work for the win. We just gift wrapped our arses and gave it to them. That's the galling part. I can take being beaten by a superior team. I can't stomach losing it like that.”

I could half understand if we scraped a 1-0.

But 4-1 and we hit the bar, and their goal was because the ref thought it was ok for 3 men to chop Kane down and let play on.

Love how our lot didn't whine on about that either. Just went out there and dismantled them. Some scousers don't understand that the only reason they had possession was because we decided to close out the game second half. And still managed to score.

I'm not sure what goals were gifted either.
1. Kane had it all to do, was fouled stayed up and muscled their defenders with a deft touch and difficult shot with his wrong foot.

2. Kane turned the man on the halfway line. Son was 5 meters behind Milner when he started his run. Kane had to pick out the perfect ball and did. Son still had to finish it...not a gift, a brilliant, text book counter.

3. Free kick was poor and so was the header out. But a volley from 18 yards out through about 15 players. How is that a gift?

4. Ball comes into a crowd and our players react quicker. End of.

You should have listened when everyone told you your defense was still shit and Mane, Salah and Coutinho won't change that. But no, too busy thinking you were contenders..

Lovren and Matip were also deceived by Tripps' delivery - no excuse for their hopeless insouciance but they clearly thought the outrushing keeper would get there first.
Lovren at least has the excuse that he is half past broken and playing on painkillers since Koeman refuses to build the defense on another DB. Matip has no excuse for his blunder yesterday

DMxYIIEXkAAWpu5.jpg:large

That’s almost as demented as this offering from football’s wisest fans.

“They are a good team. But we could have beaten them if we could defend.”

:gallashmm:

I could half understand if we scraped a 1-0.

But 4-1 and we hit the bar, and their goal was because the ref thought it was ok for 3 men to chop Kane down and let play on.

Love how our lot didn't whine on about that either. Just went out there and dismantled them. Some scousers don't understand that the only reason they had possession was because we decided to close out the game second half. And still managed to score.

I'm not sure what goals were gifted either.
1. Kane had it all to do, was fouled stayed up and muscled their defenders with a deft touch and difficult shot with his wrong foot.

2. Kane turned the man on the halfway line. Son was 5 meters behind Milner when he started his run. Kane had to pick out the perfect ball and did. Son still had to finish it...not a gift, a brilliant, text book counter.

3. Free kick was poor and so was the header out. But a volley from 18 yards out through about 15 players. How is that a gift?

4. Ball comes into a crowd and our players react quicker. End of.

You should have listened when everyone told you your defense was still shit and Mane, Salah and Coutinho won't change that. But no, too busy thinking you were contenders..
They were beaten by the better team,
We finished better and we defended better. In midfield and defence.
Our keeper is also better.

Could also say their goal came from a “gift” . Kane or Lloris??
They had one outlet, that was Salah.
Coutihno was limited to what one chance and Firmino was anonymous.

Didn’t see Salah running 80 yards to help his defence out.

Fact is they have two shit keepers, and Klopp won’t admit it.
They also can’t defend for 90 mins plus and are vulnerable from set pieces.
That’s been proven time and time again.
Yet when someone takes advantage of that side of their team it’s we gave them the game.
No, you’re like Klopp teams. All goals and no defence.
In fact they have been like that since Rodgers.

Foundations

Last edited:
So did we get Koln'd then? What happened to the so called Liveprool invasion in the home end?
tbh I hope they did get in. Would have had to spend almost the entire game watching their side get beaten.

So did we get Koln'd then? What happened to the so called Liveprool invasion in the home end?
tbh I hope they did get in. Would have had to spend almost the entire game watching their side get beaten.

There were quite a few sitting around me in the cheap seats.

We looked directly at them while singing 'you're shit and you know you are'

Strangely they left before the end...

Back
Top Bottom