TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Klopp gets all the credit for the offense but none of the blame for the defense. That's some good shit he's got going with the supporters.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say FSG are big meanies who somehow got him all the attacking options he wants (Mane, Salah, keep Countinho) but HATE spending money on defense. Did they not have a backup if VVD wasn't available? Maybe a younger player they could bloody when up 3-0 in the 2nd half early in the season, or against Maribor, or in the league cup? Or maybe a veteran journeyman who is disciplined and risk-averse, stays at home? Or for fucks sake, Wimmer or someone of that mid-level caliber? How is this possible?

Nope, FSG, Lovren and which ever shit keeper starts are the only ones at fault for shit discipline, poor form and abhorrent tactics.

We went into the season before last with no DM - he moved Dier in there.
The grief he got when he gave Rose and extension.
Playing Winks in big games.
Even the Mason / Benteleb partnership.

All ways to improve the squad without breaking the transfer record for a defender. Or we could have just played the same players and see if that helps, what is Kaboul doing now?

RAWK is so funny. The Spurs thread is currently locked.

xx.gif

Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #1730 on: Today at 02:17:05 PM »

If we swapped keepers and had one of their center halves instead of lovren then they'd have lost yesterday I reckon. Give us a striker for good measure and we might have twatted them.
That's despite our very ordinary midfield.
I know its all a bit "if my aunty had balls" stuff but it just shows the small margins between being title contenders and a team that don't look good enough for fourth. Which is what we are.
Klopp had too much faith in certain players but I'm sure he realises that now. He is the right man to fix it.
For now lovren and mignolet must be dropped. It remains to be seen if the players replacing them are any better but its better to find out now so we know what our priority signings are in the next windows.

Basically if we swapped teams yesterday, Liverpool would have won. Can't really argue that...

Coutinho and Mane are the only Liverpool players who would get anywhere near the spurs team if our best eleven are fit. Similar story with Man United (Maybe Pogba,valencia, De Gea?) and Woolwich (Sanchez only).

There are levels to this game and spurs are one of the clubs who are setting those levels! Results like yesterday don't even surprise me anymore, we have a fantastic team who are capable of beating the best. Liverpool are not even on our level.

gutted that Coutinho had that one shot yesterday otherwise was going to ask how come he wasn't playing.

The RAWK timeline will change this result from Tottenham being the best team / they played shit to "we didn't have Mane or Clyne so you were lucky none of your players would get in our team" by the time we play them next.

Back
Top Bottom