Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was an idiotic decision to sack Jose just before a cup final given our lack of silverware under Levy’s reign!

Absolutely bizarre!!

I can only imagine there was a significant $$$ clause in Jose's contract if he won silverware which wouldn't have made it significantly more costly to sack him

Just surfaced from an epic 3 day NYE bender........ Is there anything here worth watching on a re-wind?

I can only imagine there was a significant $$$ clause in Jose's contract if he won silverware which wouldn't have made it significantly more costly to sack him
I can absolutely guarantee that it would of been cheaper to keep him and pay a paltry bonus for winning the league cup than sack him, pay his wages, and pay the wages of a new manager.

Just surfaced from an epic 3 day NYE bender........ Is there anything here worth watching on a re-wind?
The only thing of note was Bryan Gil's first start in the Premier League. I thought he did quite well but still not a realistic contender for the first team. We need to get someone with more experience in this transfer window.

I can absolutely guarantee that it would of been cheaper to keep him and pay a paltry bonus for winning the league cup than sack him, pay his wages, and pay the wages of a new manager.

Just to win something would have been nice 👌🏿

The only thing of note was Bryan Gil's first start in the Premier League. I thought he did quite well but still not a realistic contender for the first team. We need to get someone with more experience in this transfer window.
Don't worry. We'll be visiting the bargain basement in a week or two....

Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about them...

200.gif

I always suspected that DL just took the chance of a new manager bounce getting the job done in the final having decided that Jose was toast come the end of the season anyway......

As it was, just a few weeks before:

Man City 3 - 0 Spurs (Jose)

vs

Man City 1 - 0 Spurs (Mason)

If we are keeping the ball in MF with a MF capable of retaining possession... (Only bents seems composed enough) but lose it there I'm guessing our defence would be better placed to defend that, rather than one of their own mistakes 20 yards out with nobody behind them. Seems to work for everyone else who doesnt want to play shit football or invite pressure on themselves. 7 games conceding 2 goals! I don't know maybe you think we should go to a back 6 with 3 DMs..... Where do you think the ball will be most of the game in relation to our goal?
Maybe I'm not watching the same games. Woolwich attack with everything they have. If there is a counter, their defence has the ability to deal with it.

City attack with everyone including their defence. If they loose the ball, their defence are able to regain possession.

Both the Villa goals - Goal Keeper spills a simple catch and our defence aren't able to position themselves correctly, so Villa walk past as if on a Sunday stroll.

Week before. Dier Miss cues a simple ball. And cause a corner kick with non of them defending.

At some point of any game, no matter how offensive you are, a defence will face the opposing teams strikers. Ours just can seem to handle that.

You can have the world best Mid-field or attack. If you leak in goals, you are likely to draw or loose. Ask Barca. Same WhatApp group

Maybe I'm not watching the same games. Woolwich attack with everything they have. If there is a counter, their defence has the ability to deal with it.

City attack with everyone including their defence. If they loose the ball, their defence are able to regain possession.

Both the Villa goals - Goal Keeper spills a simple catch and our defence aren't able to position themselves correctly, so Villa walk past as if on a Sunday stroll.

Week before. Dier Miss cues a simple ball. And cause a corner kick with non of them defending.

At some point of any game, no matter how offensive you are, a defence will face the opposing teams strikers. Ours just can seem to handle that.

You can have the world best Mid-field or attack. If you leak in goals, you are likely to draw or loose. Ask Barca. Same WhatApp group
Having a MF, a proper MF does not equal all out attack. Have you ever played football. It's not attack v defense. Having a MF, a functioning and competent MF means you defend as a team and attack as a team. You have balance and you can control games.

Ive never said we need another striker i said we need an attacking expansive MF to keep possession make teams defend and allow us to play football.

Every fn week when we get the ball you have Kane son perisic Doc and normally one other player on the shoulders of defenders. Meanwhile we have the fn ball in the MF or defence with players who can't do shit with it. Teams know to defend, press high then if we beat the press, defend deep leaving no gaps behind.

As for the Barca team er what? xavi iniesta mascherano - that's a MF that wins the ball, controls the ball, passes the ball defends when not with the ball.

The Iniesta and Xavis press was phenomenal and when you lost the ball to them - invariably you lost a goal.

We are overrun out played and probably exhausted in MF

Having a MF, a proper MF does not equal all out attack. Have you ever played football. It's not attack v defense. Having a MF, a functioning and competent MF means you defend as a team and attack as a team. You have balance and you can control games.

Ive never said we need another striker i said we need an attacking expansive MF to keep possession make teams defend and allow us to play football.

Every fn week when we get the ball you have Kane son perisic Doc and normally one other player on the shoulders of defenders. Meanwhile we have the fn ball in the MF or defence with players who can't do shit with it. Teams know to defend, press high then if we beat the press, defend deep leaving no gaps behind.

As for the Barca team er what? xavi iniesta mascherano - that's a MF that wins the ball, controls the ball, passes the ball defends when not with the ball.

The Iniesta and Xavis press was phenomenal and when you lost the ball to them - invariably you lost a goal.

We are overrun out played and probably exhausted in MF
No I've never kicked a ball. I comment because I like to make mindless chatter.

Conté's relies on defence and on players being physically Superfit.

I don't think you get it. Majority of the goals against us are on the Counter. Our MF and WBs go on the attack and our CBs cannot cope with looking after 1 or 2 stickers. They seem lost and have every game had one mistake in them that lead to a goal against us.

Are you watching the CP game. Zaha and Ayew almost scored with all 3 CB around them. Dier is lost. It's got nothing to do with MF.

I suppose you believe Lenglett and Dier are good enough.

No I've never kicked a ball. I comment because I like to make mindless chatter.

Conté's relies on defence and on players being physically Superfit.

I don't think you get it. Majority of the goals against us are on the Counter. Our MF and WBs go on the attack and our CBs cannot cope with looking after 1 or 2 stickers. They seem lost and have every game had one mistake in them that lead to a goal against us.

Are you watching the CP game. Zaha and Ayew almost scored with all 3 CB around them. Dier is lost. It's got nothing to do with MF.

I suppose you believe Lenglett and Dier are good enough.
Literally no idea ... Right now is an exact exercise in frustration and inability to create. You blame our defence all the time, which can be improved! but more often than not suffer from the high press or break because of the lack of MF. ....

Your midfield protect your defence but Contes reliance on 2 dm with zero game plan results in both going forward and no protection. We only pass side to side which is easy to defend against. ....

Literally no idea ... Right now is an exact exercise in frustration and inability to create. You blame our defence all the time, which can be improved! but more often than not suffer from the high press or break because of the lack of MF. ....

Your midfield protect your defence but Contes reliance on 2 dm with zero game plan results in both going forward and no protection. We only pass side to side which is easy to defend against. ....
The defence are leaking goals. They make simple, basic errors. We always going behind and chasing games. Which of our defenders would be in any of the 1st team list. I can only think of 1.

Back
Top Bottom