Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, I wasn’t expecting that. Spurs never really threatened and the perfect away performance from us. Kamara outstanding in the middle of the park and once the second went in, which was a great move, couldn’t really see us throwing it away.

I’m sure better days are round the corner for Spurs. We obviously caught you at the right time for us.

Don’t think anyone can argue you deserved the win (even if you bought the ref!)

Well done.

Whatever the squad the tactics shape and style of play are down to the manager - fuck this shite conte has to go- can’t say after the way his last spell ended I’m his biggest fan but for lack of an alternative it has to be a return for poch

Well, I wasn’t expecting that. Spurs never really threatened and the perfect away performance from us. Kamara outstanding in the middle of the park and once the second went in, which was a great move, couldn’t really see us throwing it away.

I’m sure better days are round the corner for Spurs. We obviously caught you at the right time for us.
If we'd brought Emerson on at 50 mins, you'd be history!

Conte and the players have given up

I would sack Conte and get a young attacking minded manger in and give him full reign to gut that fucking squad and give him 4 years to do so

It's shocking this is worse then Jose ball now

We have entered sack the manager territory. With a performance as bad as that, you have to seriously consider it. The manager seems to have lost the players, nobody is working hard. No energy or enthusiasm on the pitch.

Conte is used to winning
and I don’t think his personality suits our current situation. Whatever he’s doing at the training ground seems to be making our players worse. He’s an elite manager but he’s never had to put a player like Bryan Gil in his starting XI. Conte just is not used to working at a club like Tottenham.
So we want a manager not used to winning?

Well can't have Eddie Howe or Graham Potter any more (most of you despised them being our manager - I actually wanted Eddie Howe). Can't rehire Poch either. Can't think of any options.

We have entered sack the manager territory. With a performance as bad as that, you have to seriously consider it. The manager seems to have lost the players, nobody is working hard. No energy or enthusiasm on the pitch.

Conte is used to winning and I don’t think his personality suits our current situation. Whatever he’s doing at the training ground seems to be making our players worse. He’s an elite manager but he’s never had to put a player like Bryan Gil in his starting XI. Conte just is not used to working at a club like Tottenham.
I'll get told I'm wrong because of his trophies, but to me an elite manager has to be extremely flexible and he's just incredibly rigid and stubborn. Always the same formation that hardly works with this squad.

That's the same defence making the individual errors leading to goals against us
If we are keeping the ball in MF with a MF capable of retaining possession... (Only bents seems composed enough) but lose it there I'm guessing our defence would be better placed to defend that, rather than one of their own mistakes 20 yards out with nobody behind them. Seems to work for everyone else who doesnt want to play shit football or invite pressure on themselves. 7 games conceding 2 goals! I don't know maybe you think we should go to a back 6 with 3 DMs..... Where do you think the ball will be most of the game in relation to our goal?

Back
Top Bottom