Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
LrdHpKn.jpg

Forster, Doherty, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Davies, Bissouma, Skipp, Sarr, Gil

Been waiting for this game for what seems like forever. Luckily we aviod train strikes for this and the Woolwich game on the 15th..

These seem to be our favourite team to play against. We have won 18 and drawn 3 of the last 23 meetings.

It all depends on how much of a head start we give them, but it would be nice to watch a comfortable home win for once.

When we play these I am usually confident, they come out and play football and leave us space in behind.
You could say they were tailor made.

But this season and with our back line and inability to play a whole 90 minutes who the fuck even knows.

One thing I do know is if we don't go big when the window opens we are finishing about 7th at best.

When we play these I am usually confident, they come out and play football and leave us space in behind.
You could say they were tailor made.

But this season and with our back line and inability to play a whole 90 minutes who the fuck even knows.

One thing I do know is if we don't go big when the window opens we are finishing about 7th at best.
I'm sure it will be much of the same as recent weeks and months.
Poor coaching, team lacking any motivation until really up against it, game littered with individual mistakes, struggle to pass to one another, even if, they are only two yards away.

-----------------Lloris---------------
---Romero--Lenglet---Davies---
Doherty--------------------Perisic
-------Bentancur--Hojbjerg------
--Kulusevski---------------Son---
-----------------Kane---------------

-----------------Lloris---------------
---Romero--Lenglet---Davies---
Doherty--------------------Perisic
-------Bentancur--Hojbjerg------
--Kulusevski---------------Son---
-----------------Kane---------------
aint bentancur injured still? that back 3 is the strongest we can go i agree. its a shame with lenglet at CCB you lose the ability for him to whip crosses in from deep bang on the money like he did in the last game. but you cant have DD there.

aint bentancur injured still? that back 3 is the strongest we can go i agree. its a shame with lenglet at CCB you lose the ability for him to whip crosses in from deep bang on the money like he did in the last game. but you cant have DD there.
Yes probably a week or so from recovery from an adductor injury, unless it wasn't as bad as feared

Don't think Dier should start after the last game. I'd hope they don't rush Bentancur back into the starting lineup. Bissouma was poor the last day but he won't work his way out of that by not playing. Doesn't bother me much who plays rwb, figure it'll be Doherty again, hopefully he can get back at Cash with a goal.

Thought Villa were alright vs Liverpool. Loose at the back, but dynamic enough at moving the ball and created plenty. No expectations good or bad about our performance.. hopefully we can start moving in the right direction again. I'd we don't bring in a cb this window there's something wrong with the people running the team.

Villa played an extremely high line vs Liverpool. This could well be the game for Sonny to re-find his form.

if Bentancur is okay to play, he plays we can't fuck about with points anymore.

they'll press high so while in some ways in might suit us, the defense will be under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom