Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the players are scared to make mistakes so they play percentage football.

Im still hopeful we will win the 'pass it sideways across the back trophy' this season though so we still have something to play for.
Bissouma is 100% being coached against his own instincts its fucking obvious .If he went to Liverpool Klopp would have us shitting bricks at the prospect of facing him. I hate what Conte is doing to some of our players. Bissouma is a way better player than Conte's vaunted system is making him look. Pochettino would love him. I'm also convinced I don't want Conte in charge of the development of Pape Mata Sarr, only real footballing illiterates can not see he has bags and bags of talent.

Last edited:
Not going to read back over 80 pages, but I can imagine the tone of the posts.
From my POV, I thought first half we were ok, but we so lack a creative player, it really is dragging us down.
I don't like digging out individuals but Sonny and Hugo did us no favours today.
Also, as far as I am concerned, why make substitutions after 75 minutes, unless they are replacing someone injured or to waste time?
It was so bad that I didn't stay behind to applaud the players, however I didn't resort to booing, although I did feel like it.
And the ref was even more diabolical than usual.
No wonder the pitch is in such good condition, the amount of manure put on it!
I couldn't even get my noodles to console me, it's going to be a long journey home :(

What the fuck has happened to Son?

Loris once again gifts a goal, must have felt the pressure that Dier wasn’t there to do it

How can a club with winning aspirations not have a single attacking player to bring on?

Ryan fucking Sessignon on for Gil was supposed to change that match…laughable

But what irks me more than anything is the lack of fight in that entire group. Pathetic .

Conte included . Just not good enough.

Turgid boring uninspired dross

He done exceptionally well with what we had. But ultimately he failed. How can you sit there with a straight face and say he didn't?

Whenever something mattered. Pochettino and his squad of players let us down. Over and over again.

Cup final against a Chelsea team we beat 5-3 a month prior? Lose 2-0.

Cup semi final against a Chelsea team we comfortably beat few months prior? Lose 4-2

Cup semi final against a Man Utd team we beat at Wembley (our home ground) a month before? Lose 2-1.

That's without even mentioning other individual games. Juve in the Champions League when 3-2 up on aggregate with TWO away goals. Losing to relegated Newcastle 5-1 when we needed to win to finish above Woolwich. The no win away from home for nearly a year. The capitulation at Burnley. Throwing away 2 goal lead to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Not even gonna mention dropping Lucas for the CL final. Etc etc

Over and over again.

Levy should have backed him more. But Pochettino was unfortunately a serial bottler. And it rubbed off on our players. And those same players have let us down consistently since.

Because of what happened before and after him? Nobody has even come close to what we looked like under peak Pochettino. He took over the club during our full on austerity period due to the stadium build. Our net spend for the majority of his time in charge was closer to the relegated teams than to the top four sides.

And lol @ blaming Pochettino for our team being bottlers. We've won 1 trophy in 20 years, Pochettino didn't instill a 'bottling mentality' at all and it's madness to say so. Look at Conte's record in cup games since he took over, or do we still blame the ghost of Pochettino past for that as well? Even though a lot of the squad has been replaced?

No manager has achieved sustained, top level success & stability like Pochettino did. He worked with one of the most difficult chairmen in world football on a shoestring budget and made us an attractive, fiesty, top side who could compete with anybody in world football. But yeah, he's a 'bottler' and to blame, despite this whole club failing before and since.

Cl final with Winks & Sissoko in midfield, top 4 every season over teams spending infinitely more, 86 points in 16/17 & unbeaten at WHL, that win over Ajax, the win over City, the multiple dunkings on Woolwich/Chelsea/Liverpool .. fucking hell and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

That was just utterly abysmal. It's not all on Conte, just like it's not all on ENIC, there's plenty of blame to go around. Anyone blaming one or the other with no grey area is just kidding themselves.

I don't support Spurs for the trophies or the glory. I do pay a shit load for my ST to be entertained though, and this shit being served up is just the fucking limit.

Are ENIC responsible for the fact a core of players are still here when they should have gone in the Porch era?

Yes.

Is the squad good enough not to be outplayed by the likes of Brentford, Villa and Forest so abysmally?

Yes.

Is it ENICs fault Son has totally checked out, while some of our best players are all injured at the same time? No.

Is it Contes fault that we've got rubbish like Royal on the bench? No.

I don't even know what point I'm trying to make. I'm just fucking tired of watching boring football without even getting the results to make it worthwhile. I'm also tired of easy answers, IE ENIC out. Yeah great, I'd love new owners who enjoy throwing cash about but you dont sack owners, they only leave when someone stumps up the cash to replace them. Newcastle fans didn't do anything to get rid of Ashley, they just got lucky that a country wanted to do a spot of sports washing. Does anyone here have a spare 4bn kicking about?

Anyway see you all next weekend for a plucky backs to the wall display against Portsmouth. We might nick a draw and get a cheeky replay.

Issue with Poch was his development of young players was terrible, his in game management was horrendous and loved his favourites.

I think he'd do well to raise the feel good factor around the place. We'd see 4231 a lot more so should be alot more offensive. But hes likely not the long term answer. Just like he wasn't when he failed first time round.

LOL failed. He got us to within a handful of points of a PL title + to a CL final on a shoestring budget, under him we had one of the lowest net spends in the league and yet CL was a piece of piss every year. He got backstabbed and scapegoated by Levy (the true culprit) after struggling for a matter of months. The club betrayed him.

Poch didn't fail. Levy & ENIC failed HIM. Had we had a back up striker and more depth in general, we'd likely have at least one league title and some domestic cups.

Everything to do with this club just drains me and isn’t enjoyable at all. You can get rid of as many managers as you want but nothing will change until they sell the club.

Back
Top Bottom