Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck has happened to Son?

Loris once again gifts a goal, must have felt the pressure that Dier wasn’t there to do it

How can a club with winning aspirations not have a single attacking player to bring on?

Ryan fucking Sessignon on for Gil was supposed to change that match…laughable

But what irks me more than anything is the lack of fight in that entire group. Pathetic .

Conte included . Just not good enough.

Turgid boring uninspired dross
Sadly , that is an excellent summing up . No wonder I’m depressed !

That was just utterly abysmal. It's not all on Conte, just like it's not all on ENIC, there's plenty of blame to go around. Anyone blaming one or the other with no grey area is just kidding themselves.

I don't support Spurs for the trophies or the glory. I do pay a shit load for my ST to be entertained though, and this shit being served up is just the fucking limit.

Are ENIC responsible for the fact a core of players are still here when they should have gone in the Porch era?

Yes.

Is the squad good enough not to be outplayed by the likes of Brentford, Villa and Forest so abysmally?

Yes.

Is it ENICs fault Son has totally checked out, while some of our best players are all injured at the same time? No.

Is it Contes fault that we've got rubbish like Royal on the bench? No.

I don't even know what point I'm trying to make. I'm just fucking tired of watching boring football without even getting the results to make it worthwhile. I'm also tired of easy answers, IE ENIC out. Yeah great, I'd love new owners who enjoy throwing cash about but you dont sack owners, they only leave when someone stumps up the cash to replace them. Newcastle fans didn't do anything to get rid of Ashley, they just got lucky that a country wanted to do a spot of sports washing. Does anyone here have a spare 4bn kicking about?

Anyway see you all next weekend for a plucky backs to the wall display against Portsmouth. We might nick a draw and get a cheeky replay.
Couldn't watch live, just seen the game without knowing the score. You're 100% right in my book, even more so for nor picking an easy scapegoat or scapegoats, whoever they might be.

"Utterly abysmal" sums it up for me. God knows how we sort it out either.

I sent a comedy WhatsApp to mates last night at 00:01 saying I thought 2023 sucked. Fucking prescient looking back.

He wouldn't have lasted, the person who comes here doesn't only have to manage the team, they also have to manage Levy, very few people can do that.

What's the average length of time a PL manager gets these days ? 2 years ?

Poch got about 5 years which is Levy realising changing managers is expensive not just to pay off a manager but to change out players to fit new managers style. So a manager less dogmatic on their playing style ( Howe v Conte) means a Howe has a better chance of 5 years v 2 years

Couldn't watch live, just seen the game without knowing the score. You're 100% right in my book, even more so for nor picking an easy scapegoat or scapegoats, whoever they might be.

"Utterly abysmal" sums it up for me. God knows how we sort it out either.

I sent a comedy WhatsApp to mates last night at 00:01 saying I thought 2023 sucked. Fucking prescient looking back.
I’m a strong believer in the old adage that the team you support is never as bad as you think it is, nor is it as good.

We go back to very basics.

We are simply not creating enough chances.

Conte is a very very stubborn and somewhat spiteful person to be totally honest. Putting Spence on like that is just such and petty and spiteful thing to do when it's clear he doesn't rate him.

The Emerson sub as well just so odd. He couldn't just do Spence for Doherty a little earlier?
100% no need to be like that especially if royal is being sold.

If we're being honest it would be a total failure if we bring Poch back, basically admitting we made a massive mistake getting rid of him and that we've totally run of ideas. Also important to remember Poch has hardly improved his stock since he was last here.

Why is it , that after watching Spurs , I get this insatiable desire to drink copious amounts of alcohol . Anyone goy any ideas ?
I'd suggest you make love to a beautiful woman, but hey, maybe that's just me.

swiss_toni_grin.jpg

What's the average length of time a PL manager gets these days ? 2 years ?

Poch got about 5 years which is Levy realising changing managers is expensive not just to pay off a manager but to change out players to fit new managers style. So a manager less dogmatic on their playing style ( Howe v Conte) means a Howe has a better chance of 5 years v 2 years
Howe couldn't have taken us to 4th place and I dont think he would have attracted players like Riche, Kulu and Bentancur, he's a decent manager but the spurs job is a very difficult one. He's doing well in Newcastle because they have money to spend.

This doesn't really make sense to me.

Sure, losing in early rounds of League Cups can happen. It's a pointless trophy. We rest because its a drain. I understand that.

But we've found ourselves in numerous semi finals over the last ten years. We aren't prioriting league on the day of a semi final.

Ultimately, it's Pochettino that played Son at LWB against Chelsea in a semi final. It's Pochettino that played Vorm instead of Lloris in a cup semi final etc

We've been more than good enough to win something with the players we've assembled. But unfortunately the manager at the time, whoever it may have been, hasn't been good enough to get the job done.
Not to mention an injured Kane instead of Lucas in the CL.......

Yes and earlier in the season, a well known poster on here told me that we would finish above Woolwich as we were much better.
I disagreed, because I could see how fluent they were compared to our turgid football.
Undeterred they offered the bet for charity, which, I took because it was easy money.
Sad to say for that poster, it was a shocking prediction, but worse a shocking inditement of the poor decisions being made at our club.
Names....

Back
Top Bottom