Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last 9 months under Poch was dire. There is no guarantee we'd get the "good" Poch football back instead of the cack that was served up in his final season.

Issue with Poch was his development of young players was terrible, his in game management was horrendous and loved his favourites.

I think he'd do well to raise the feel good factor around the place. We'd see 4231 a lot more so should be alot more offensive. But hes likely not the long term answer. Just like he wasn't when he failed first time round.

Levy needs to decide in the next few days whether to keep Conte, back him and give him 3-5 signings this window or part ways and hit full reset with Poch or a similar type manager and write off this season to rebuild.

It cant go on like this.
I think it will be the latter . His attempt to appease the fans to distract some criticism towards the owners . God knows where this leaves us . It’s all a bit soul destroying at the moment . We are merely treading water .

Exactly, that was the hallmark of all his teams. We can rightly blame the players for their part in this as well, but his inability to adapt and get the most out of the team is on him.

We were very difficult to breakdown initially but I think teams figured us out, and we aren’t getting the offense threat going at all to keep teams on their heels.
Most of the goals conceded in that stretch are very soft ones, too. Not good.

We need new ideas and energy. Maybe Thomas Frank can be that guy. We've tried hiring super well known managers.

Must be a proper fucking simpleton to think the root cause of this cancer is the manager
“We have had 13 managers & they all was wrong uns. We just been unlucky with our manager choices. Our luck will turn soon & we will have 13 good managers in a row”.

Well, I wasn’t expecting that. Spurs never really threatened and the perfect away performance from us. Kamara outstanding in the middle of the park and once the second went in, which was a great move, couldn’t really see us throwing it away.

I’m sure better days are round the corner for Spurs. We obviously caught you at the right time for us.
:avbfu:

We are probably the worst team for passing and moving I have ever seen at the moment. We pass it and then stand still. Bizarre
Coaching mate we have conte and his minions doing god knows what? Had plenty of time now to instill some sort of patterns of play. Said a million times we look the most uncoached team in the PL. I’d say at least 15 other teams play better football than we do and they don’t all have an elite super coach or same resources.

Painfully bad performance, up there with the worst ive seen with near-zero attacking intent or ideas. Just awful to watch. You cant keep serving this up, we got lucky MULTIPLE times this season but now its come home to roost.

They arent going to give Conte the £250M+ he would need to get this football working and less of an affront to the game
Conte isnt going to change his style regardless

It is best for all parties if he leaves now and goes some where that can give him the tools he needs, meanwhile we will continue in this endless cycle of mediocrity that ENIC has fostered

Tottenham could get Guardiola and Klopp as his assistant, turn out shit, and these fans would still blame them and not the cunt owners. We deserve it.

The problem is, we keep ping ponging from manager to manager with different styles, and not backing them.

We need to decide if we want to to be an attacking team or a defensive team, pick a manager based on that and stick with it

Well, I wasn’t expecting that. Spurs never really threatened and the perfect away performance from us. Kamara outstanding in the middle of the park and once the second went in, which was a great move, couldn’t really see us throwing it away.

I’m sure better days are round the corner for Spurs. We obviously caught you at the right time for us.
You are being too kind (rightly on a spurs forum). Good luck going forward; proper club with proper fans.

Back
Top Bottom