Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite simply if a first class manager like Conte fails at Spurs it's because the squad isn't good enough. And if the squad isn't good enough it's because of Levy.

We have hit our ceiling under ENIC. Top 5 to 7. It's a fucking disgrace that they are charging those ticket prices for this avalanche of shit.
Maybe it needs to be called into question how ‘first class’ Conte actually is. We have fallen behind first in our last 10 games and we’ve scored just 1 first half goal in all 10 of those games at home to Leeds. And that’s a run of games against Everton, Bournemouth, Leeds, Brentford, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest.

There are positions on the field we need strengthening in and I have plenty of issues with ENIC and Paratici over player and manager recruitment but Conte has to shoulder the lions share of the blame for the absolute awfulness that has been produced on the field this aeason

Quite simply if a first class manager like Conte fails at Spurs it's because the squad isn't good enough. And if the squad isn't good enough it's because of Levy.

We have hit our ceiling under ENIC. Top 5 to 7. It's a fucking disgrace that they are charging those ticket prices for this avalanche of shit.
I wrote a really long message inspired by your last sentence , a person should not be as angry and full of bile over the ownership of a football club though . After 23 years of to my eyes failure , lies , greed and incompetence though it is sometimes hard not to vent

Luckily I read it back and went with the abridged version above as it was a pretty dull rant , ENIC out

Levy understands our DNA the way Sunak understood the plight of the homeless guy

Yep. Left the house at 9.15am and got in at 18.30pm.

£55 for the ticket
£17 train fare
£17 on drinks in the ground
£7 on the cheapest food item in the ground
£5 on a drink & peanuts on the way home

£101.

Would have been more but got a lift so didn't have to pay for parking.

I refuse to be mugged off any longer.

The cost of going is just mad and the experience is deteriorating rapidly. You did well to only pay £55 too. For me it’s £100 minimum overall for a home game. Today I stayed at home, got a decent piece of beef to roast and a nice bottle of red, enjoyed it all whilst ignoring the match… and still had plenty of change from selling on my ticket. I really need to just give up the ST as I’m just not enjoying NWHL at all.

The cost of going is just mad and the experience is deteriorating rapidly. You did well to only pay £55 too. For me it’s £100 minimum overall for a home game. Today I stayed at home, got a decent piece of beef to roast and a nice bottle of red, enjoyed it all whilst ignoring the match… and still had plenty of change from selling on my ticket. I really need to just give up the ST as I’m just not enjoying NWHL at all.

I guessed the £55. Cat B?

I wrote a really long message inspired by your last sentence , a person should not be as angry and full of bile over the ownership of a football club though . After 23 years of to my eyes failure , lies , greed and incompetence though it is sometimes hard not to vent

Luckily I read it back and went with the abridged version above as it was a pretty dull rant , ENIC out

Levy understands our DNA the way Sunak understood the plight of the homeless guy
I don't consider it a dull rant; it's a valid rant that becomes dull repeating all the time.

Anyway, great training facilities though :contethumb:

WTF is Sunak or any other politician got to do with it you twat!

This is the match thread for today’s game

If you want to make a political rant there are plenty of suitable threads to make one instead of trolling this one!!

FFS

Still can't believe Levy binned Mourinho off a week before the league cup final, with all the sins of Levy being mentioned it's probably one of the biggest and most unmentioned

I mean, Jose was never winning that final. we'd just been smashed 4-1 by City a few weeks earlier and Jose had just lost to a manager who was in prison

anyone thinking Jose was winning that game is deluded IMO we were awful.

And that’s a fair point, ignoring the match, as I tend to do the same lately

It’s on the TV but I find other things to do and just glance at the score occasionally as the shite we’re playing now doesn’t hold my attention anymore

Yep. Left the house at 9.15am and got in at 18.30pm.

£55 for the ticket
£17 train fare
£17 on drinks in the ground
£7 on the cheapest food item in the ground
£5 on a drink & peanuts on the way home

£101.

Would have been more but got a lift so didn't have to pay for parking.

I refuse to be mugged off any longer.

Money I saved on not going to see spurs since COVID bought me 3 weeks in Mauritius and a week in St Ives last year. Much better for my mental health and got some cracking memories too.
Now saving the £5k I’d normally spend on Spurs every year to go to Japan in 2025.

2023 will be the first year in decades ENIC get none of my money. Sorry Daniel!!

I mean, Jose was never winning that final. we'd just been smashed 4-1 by City a few weeks earlier and Jose had just lost to a manager who was in prison

anyone thinking Jose was winning that game is deluded IMO we were awful.

We weren’t awful on the day though even with Mason in charge and could have quite easily won it as City were running out of ideas so with Jose in charge it could quite easily have gone the other way

It was an idiotic decision to sack Jose just before a cup final given our lack of silverware under Levy’s reign!

Absolutely bizarre!!

No cohesion, no confidence, no cteativity, basic mistakes but worse absolutely zero leadership, off the pitch or on it.

Conte might want better players but what is he adding?

Right now I might just be asking for a new manager. Conte needs to preside over some change and quickly.

Today was dreadful and in picking Lloris, Conte must take full responsibility. Again our captain has fcuked us over and enough is now enough.

I could not wait for the final whistle.
I love how conte is never accountable for his failings. He always trots out the sane line about buying better quality players. In one swoop he has trashed most of the squad, completely ignored his own failings and taken no responsibility for his “coaching” of the team since he came.
Most people would say and I know a lot have said to me we must be one of the worst teams to watch.

Yeah..... Because they're brimming with confidence and swagger right now anyway......

WHAT confidence???

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America
'Twas but a joke. I actually don't give a shit about a professional's confidence. Perform or sit your sorry ass down. And we got a lot of players that need to sit down.

I love how conte is never accountable for his failings. He always trots out the sane line about buying better quality players. In one swoop he has trashed most of the squad, completely ignored his own failings and taken no responsibility for his “coaching” of the team since he came.
Most people would say and I know a lot have said to me we must be one of the worst teams to watch.

Every manager could say they want better players.

He should he doing better and any buffoon who puts that all on ENIC/Levy is living in denial because no managercworth their salt should see their team go behind 10 times in a season let alone in a successive games.

Levy should ask him to sign a new contract, give him a deadline and if games continue to be lost or he doesn't sign, get rid.

Always always said it, THFC before anyone.

Back
Top Bottom