Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand the argument about sustainable investment and not being fuelled by an oligarch but two shit performances against Brentford and Villa. With all due respect, even our bench should be turning them over.

Something is very wrong here. I thought Conte not being on a long contract would keep Levy on his toes but maybe it sends the wrong signal to the players. It’s utter shit and the energy from the players is terrible. In those early games our fight got us through, I just can’t see that same effort now. Even if we do sign two decent players I can’t see it having a huge impact.

very disappointed (again)

Very frustrating today, I don't think we actually did that bad (up until the goal) but moments in football change everything. Hugo Lloris takes the brunt of my frustration today, sick of him making errors in big moments of games. As soon as that goal went it was same old and we were gonna be on the back foot, especially with our shocking bench. I genuinely think that is one of the worst subs benches I have ever seen.
Still don’t understand not having Harvey white on the bench in place of one of the defenders. Sums it all up contes approach. The young players must be demoralised under conte as you have little to no chance of playing. Really sad tbh.

Every manager could say they want better players.

He should he doing better and any buffoon who puts that all on ENIC/Levy is living in denial because no managercworth their salt should see their team go behind 10 times in a season let alone in a successive games.

Levy should ask him to sign a new contract, give him a deadline and if games continue to be lost or he doesn't sign, get rid.

Always always said it, THFC before anyone.

Agree with your last sentence but what if he signs a new contract, Levy doesn’t back him and we continue to concede the first goal?

Agree with your last sentence but what if he signs a new contract, Levy doesn’t back him and we continue to concede the first goal?

Fair point.

Firstly I think the fans will decide. Much more of today and even without Kulusevski and Bentancur, I think Levy would simply get rid.

The only thing saving Conte at present is that no player has broken ranks.

No fan who is balanced can believe that Conte should be given an open cheque because at present he is not doing a damned thing to warrant such confidence.

Also "that shower of shit" today.

How many honours, both internationally, club level and individually have they won between them? How many caps compared to the Brentford and Villa players.
We had 2 WC winners plus semi finalist in WC and Euros. Golden boot winner from last season and harry. Perisic a conte signing. We had enough quality on the pitch plus some subs who could started or come on earlier. He ignored white totally. Still should have been good enough to get a better XG than 0.59 or whatever it was. Villa didn’t even need to break a sweat defending it’s not like we throwing the kitchen sink at them!

Fair point.

Firstly I think the fans will decide. Much more of today and even without Kulusevski and Bentancur, I think Levy would simply get rid.

The only thing saving Conte at present is that no player has broken ranks.

No fan who is balanced can believe that Conte should be given an open cheque because at present he is not doing a damned thing to warrant such confidence.

Fair enough but watching today’s display (I can’t credit it with the title ‘performance’ because too many of the pampered twats didn’t turn up) I saw worrying signs that he’s lost the dressing room as typified by the first goal conceded!

Howler by Hugo (sounds like a monkey) then our defence including Romero and Lenglet just stood and watched while the rebound was forced in!

Fucking abysmal doesn’t cover it!

Too many times we lost possession and the player responsible couldn’t be arsed to try and regain it

Simply not good enough

We had 2 WC winners plus semi finalist in WC and Euros. Golden boot winner from last season and harry. Perisic a conte signing. We had enough quality on the pitch plus some subs who could started or come on earlier. He ignored white totally. Still should have been good enough to get a better XG than 0.59 or whatever it was. Villa didn’t even need to break a sweat defending it’s not like we throwing the kitchen sink at them!

I felt like throwing up in the kitchen sink watching that shitshow

Hard to disagree but the issue is whether it's now a loss of confidence in Conte or the players simply not being good enough.

I get the impression it's the former and that means it's terminal and just a matter of time.
Spot on and being alluded to by neutrals. The problem I see with this squad is the same as it has been for the past 10 years. When things go well, football is easy and things just happen, however, one setback and that makes things spiral out of control.

Real tough watch today. No excuses because we should be beating villa at home no matter what. But, no Kulu, Bentancur, Richy, Lucas. Loris on a World Cup hangover so that plays a role.

Things could start to spiral very quickly with the run of games we have coming up. I’m still Conte in at the moment, but something’s Gota give. If he is not properly backed this month then what’s the point really. The other side of it is to look at Wolwhich and how’s it been with Arteta the past few seasons of growing pains before their peak this year.

Conte spoke some solid truths after the match. Let’s see how this transfer window pans out. It’s really 50/50 at this point how things can go.

No intensity. No desire. No creativity. Turgid.

All our players need 3 touches to get the ball under control and are so easily tackled.

For the love of all God.... Abandon this back 3 shite, switch to 4-2-3-1

All this talk of 4-2-3-1...lol and who do you reckon the front 4 would be? We have basically two fit forwards and one is in the worst form of his career.

*Real tough watch today. No excuses because we should be beating villa at home no matter what. But, no Kulu, Bentancur, Richy, Lucas. Loris on a World Cup hangover so that plays a role.*

FUCK OFF NOBHEAD!

Back
Top Bottom