Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a shite game that was. Not the first time, and have a feeling it won’t be the last time I regret waking up at an ungodly hour to watch us just plodder about a bit.

First goal was an absolute farce and sums us up pretty well. 4 defenders being slow to react while Lloris has a brain fart.

The classic 87th minute Spence sub is also really starting to grind my gears. Stop putting the kid on when we’re 2-0 down with a handful of minute to play. It’s not doing anybody any good

I don’t know if it’s a sackable offense, but bad enough where it would reasonably introduce questions of any coach. If we won a majority of those games it’s an annoyance and it would still beg questions, but this is ridiculous now.
But it dies t look like conte and his coaching team have been working on it to fix it?
H just said he needs 13//14 quality players and then keep buying every year. Earlier in the season when playing crap but winning he didn’t say this?
All he wants is more money being spent but what about 10 ganes going behind surely he is culpable?
Always makes excuses. Think it’s best he goes as his now saying that let everyone know we need quality players as per numbers above. However in that interview he did the other day he said understood the club vision and project.
Also how about getting top 4 as a min with the squad we have and money already spent.
Pisses me off his BS and not taking any responsibility over performances and results. At least kloop admits if he has fucked up!

What made today unacceptable even more is that Villa are average at best.

Not one of their players would I want.

Conte needs to act or fcuk off but sideways players with no conviction is what I saw today. Was just symbolic from the second our comedy goalie gifted another goal.

But it dies t look like conte and his coaching team have been working on it to fix it?
I totally agree. It’s my single largest gripe with him and also the spot which I’m most likely to talk out of both sides of my mouth on too.

I said it since the very beginning that we need to rely upon Conte to make the best assessment and selections for the team, and I don‘t believe for a second that he makes a selection with anything other than winning in mind. That being said, I do believe that he is overly stubborn.

If he is giving starting chances to Tanganga, Doherty, and Emerson all before Spence, I feel like we need to trust him that he knows best about these players and they fit our tactics in those selections. On the other hand though, it’s terribly obvious to everyone that something is broken, and yet we mostly run out with the same player, same formation, and same strategy regardless of the opponent or situation we are in.

I‘m not looking for overly reactionary changes and player swaps on a whim, but I have been wanting and expecting some kind of adjustments to shake things up a bit. We are so damn predictable and stale that it’s no wonder why seemingly everyone has our number at the moment.

Howe couldn't have taken us to 4th place and I dont think he would have attracted players like Riche, Kulu and Bentancur, he's a decent manager but the spurs job is a very difficult one. He's doing well in Newcastle because they have money to spend.
He couldn't attract the likes of Kulusevski, Richarlison and Bentancur, but he's doing well at Newcastle because they have money to spend?

Mate...

The wheels have come off. Yes conte has to take his share of the blame, but these fucking players have done it to another manager. I’m sick of the sight of every one of them. Conte just waiting for the pay day now. We know the drill only too well.

Howe couldn't have taken us to 4th place and I dont think he would have attracted players like Riche, Kulu and Bentancur, he's a decent manager but the spurs job is a very difficult one. He's doing well in Newcastle because they have money to spend.
Nah, Howe has done a lot more than that. The good mood and investment at the club has helped, but he's also got previous cloggers like Almiron, Joelinton, Murphy and Longstaff playing like top 6 regulars.

I don't think anyone but Conte could have taken the shower of shit we had last season to 4th place, regardless of what happens this season, that should never be forgotten.
Dont agree. Look at Woolwich’s last three games preceding the NLD, one win in any of those games (and on form they should have) and Spurs would have been mathematically out of top 4 before the NLD. Whether their young team bottled it or just lacked experience we’ll never know. But they handed 4th place to us rather than Conte getting us there.

Nah, Howe has done a lot more than that. The good mood and investment at the club has helped, but he's also got previous cloggers like Almiron, Joelinton, Murphy and Longstaff playing like top 6 regulars.
Absolutely , the sign of a good coach , improving individual players performances . Howe has certainly done that . Young , modern thinking manager

Yes mate if someone had, a half and half scarf when we were younger you would have earnt a slap.

Never seen so many of these things than over the last few games.. Those selling these outside the ground should be chased down the high road.. All that is wrong with Modern football.. up there with VAR

So pissed off tonight- 11 hours I was out today to go watch that turgid pile of shit. That bottle of whisky is about to get a seeing to...

coys..

Last edited:
Never seen so many of these things than over the last few games.. Those selling these outside the ground should be chased down the high road.. All that is wrong with Modern football.. up there with VAR

So pissed off tonight- 11 hours I was out today to go watch that turgid pile of shit. That bottle of whisky us about to get a seeing to...

coys..
Modern football has created this and a sanitised game of football boring.

The wheels have come off. Yes conte has to take his share of the blame, but these fucking players have done it to another manager. I’m sick of the sight of every one of them. Conte just waiting for the pay day now. We know the drill only too well.
Lloris chucks one in just before they all get sacked though.

Has no else noticed?

I swear he does it on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom