Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last 9 months were dire because he didn't get backed. He asked for a rebuild, didn't get it. The squad had gone stale.

When ManUre were winning everything, Fergie still signad a couple of players every season, so the squad wouldn't go stale
My point exactly.
Things ain't changed,levy still holds the purse strings
It would be the same for him now as it was then.
My post wasn't an anti-poch rant🙂

So we want a manager not used to winning?

Not used to winning titles, yes. This club is not built for that right now. That is why Conte has lost enthusiasm as the season has gone on. He is used to competing for the title, not fighting for 4th. He told us that even last season. His principles and personality just aren’t suited to a team that is only aiming for 70-75 points.

That’s why managers like Redknapp and Poch have succeeded here while Mourinho and Conte (recently) have struggled. They have expectations that this club simply cannot meet. You ask for a top CB and you are given Joe Rodon or Clement Lenglet.

If they were going to back conte they probably would have had a least one signing done by now.Liverpool Chelsea strike fast and sign players quickly…. We take 9!months to negotiate

I've said it before, but the ambition and tone is set from the top in any club.
As we can see, the direction of our club is clueless, caught up in political, internal lies from the chairman and board, what chance does any manager have.
This club is fucked, squad is a mess, too many players either not doing it or out of form.
The grand unveiling of the new stadium has turned into a white elephant, expensive tickets, corporate and merchandising all add to the ENIC ripping off and insulting the fanbase.
I expect Conte to carry the can in the short term, but long term levy and his board need to go before this club can move on to greatness.

Saw so many half and half scarves today it was ridiculous.

It's important to remember Conte is a short term manager, 1-2 seasons you'll see the best out of him but he needs maximum backing in regards to transfers straight away and he often wants to bring in older players who can do a job which is a problem for a lot of modern English clubs as the board normally only think about profits.

Here at spurs he's been moderately backed but maybe not as much as he would have liked and he's kept his contract short to see how it goes and all signs are he'll walk at the end of this season due to these circumstances not being ideal.

Not going to read back over 80 pages, but I can imagine the tone of the posts.
From my POV, I thought first half we were ok, but we so lack a creative player, it really is dragging us down.
I don't like digging out individuals but Sonny and Hugo did us no favours today.
Also, as far as I am concerned, why make substitutions after 75 minutes, unless they are replacing someone injured or to waste time?
It was so bad that I didn't stay behind to applaud the players, however I didn't resort to booing, although I did feel like it.
And the ref was even more diabolical than usual.
No wonder the pitch is in such good condition, the amount of manure put on it!
I couldn't even get my noodles to console me, it's going to be a long journey home :(

Can’t see it, although there’s always a chance.

I’m genuinely torn on Poch. I love the man to bits, but I look at our team and do not see any of the ingredients that he took and forged into that incredible side.

And I just can’t see ENIC doing anything much in the market. A random player here. Another one there.

I don’t want his legacy tarnished.
Do you think he is waiting for THFC? I sure he hasn’t been short of offers But I am not a fan of going back. Love the man and loved the football but I just see tears (happy to be wrong Poch). If nothing else, the revenue from the Amazon series on his return would buy us Hakimi and Gvardiol.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Conte should walk, this isn’t a good fit, he’s a winner and we’re losers from top to bottom

He isn’t blameless himself, playing Lloris when he’s not even a third of the player he was anymore, the whole sticking with Emerson business.

But all in all we are more damaging to him than he is to us, he tried to make us winners but some things are impossible and he’s just ruining his reputation now

This all lies with ENIC, always has and always will

Not going to read back over 80 pages, but I can imagine the tone of the posts.
From my POV, I thought first half we were ok, but we so lack a creative player, it really is dragging us down.
I don't like digging out individuals but Sonny and Hugo did us no favours today.
Also, as far as I am concerned, why make substitutions after 75 minutes, unless they are replacing someone injured or to waste time?
It was so bad that I didn't stay behind to applaud the players, however I didn't resort to booing, although I did feel like it.
And the ref was even more diabolical than usual.
No wonder the pitch is in such good condition, the amount of manure put on it!
I couldn't even get my noodles to console me, it's going to be a long journey home :(
Yep it was a bad one and as you can imagine, we are all playing the blame game. Safe journey Mrs. P.

Problem is and then what?

another manager, another massive change of players, then another sacking. This club blew it when it didn’t back Poch when we were on the rise, since then it’s just been half arsed attempts without clear thought of trying to fix things.

Conte is a great manager but with great players, we don’t have that. Potter or Ten Hag was suited to who we are and we blew it and now the best we have is begging Poch to come back.

This club doesn’t have fucking clue. If you ask a fan of any club which club looks like it is run by accountants it would be us.
Well we ARE run by an accountant!

:levyeyes:

It's important to remember Conte is a short term manager, 1-2 seasons you'll see the best out of him but he needs maximum backing in regards to transfers straight away and he often wants to bring in older players who can do a job which is a problem for a lot of modern English clubs as the board normally only think about profits.

Here at spurs he's been moderately backed but maybe not as much as he would have liked and he's kept his contract short to see how it goes and all signs are he'll walk at the end of this season due to these circumstances not being ideal.

It’s all down hill from here without huge backing this window. However if he goes what happens next, I will be sad if we appoint Poch and destroy his legacy here.

Do you think he is waiting for THFC? I sure he hasn’t been short of offers But I am not a fan of going back. Love the man and loved the football but I just see tears (happy to be wrong Poch). If nothing else, the revenue from the Amazon series on his return would buy us Hakimi and Gvardiol.

Swings and Roundabouts.
Yes, I do.

In fact, I think much of the current inertia at the club is down to the fact he likely already has Poch pencilled in for next season.

Not used to winning titles, yes. This club is not built for that right now. That is why Conte has lost enthusiasm as the season has gone on. He is used to competing for the title, not fighting for 4th. He told us that even last season. His principles and personality just aren’t suited to a team that is only aiming for 70-75 points.

That’s why managers like Redknapp and Poch have succeeded here while Mourinho and Conte (recently) have struggled. They have expectations that this club simply cannot meet. You ask for a top CB and you are given Joe Rodon or Clement Lenglet.
Both Redknapp and Poch wanted to win the title but couldnt get through the glass ceiling, They got 4th, Conte got 4th if you say they succeeded so as Conte. I cant for the life of me see what sacking him is going to do right now.

If they were going to back conte they probably would have had a least one signing done by now.Liverpool Chelsea strike fast and sign players quickly…. We take 9!months to negotiate
BUT according to the football pundits Levy is wonderful, a tough negotiator to deal with, noone gets the better of him etc etc. I just dont see the facts behind the hype. What world beaters has he snatched for a song and yes he got great money for Bale and Modric but I think that had more to do with Bale and Modric. And he defo made an arse of the Kane deal who will probably only fetch half of what City offered for him if they sold this year.

But that will hurt the players' confidence.
WHAT confidence???

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Back
Top Bottom