Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Victoria line being fucked just topped the night. 50 minutes until i get home, at least I don't have work in the morning.

We tried to create an atmosphere tonight but what can you do when your team is playing like that. Feel like I'm so done with this. Top tier prices for pre historic football. What is the point?

See you at Forrest

It was pretty even over 2 legs but all our forwards being shit/off form (bar Kane) has really hamstrung us this season. Milan were cute and efficient and tied us up in ways we sometimes do to other teams. Son and Kulu have fallen off a cliff this season, Richy has been injured/poor, Lucas is Lucas and Danjuma was Levy shopping in Poundland again.

I can't fault the effort, we huffed and puffed but the quality just isn't there and let's be honest, until we sign significant upgrades, it really won't matter who's in charge. Nobody likes Conte's brand of football which is fair, it's pragmatic and sterile but he's right when he says we need to build and we aren't good enough yet (paraphrasing). In his presser tonight I think he was being very honest in his assessment - we just aren't as good as we thought we were and we need better players.

Kane and Porro were decent tonight, Pierre was Pierre (limited) and the rest were average to poor I thought. Son and the Ginger Swede look completely shot of confidence as they have most of the season. I thought Skipp dropped below his recent performances, gave the ball away more than normal and looked a bit hesitant, can't fault his effort of course.

Outside of PP the rest of the defense attacking wise were poor, Davies is a likeable solid pro but we need better with the ball (and defensively), Clement is too slow, Dier ditto, Romero is talented but mental, Per has gone backwards and Emerson is a better defender than attacker.

I think Conte (and Para) will leave at the end of the season as will Kane and the new manager will have a massive task on his hands. I can see us hitting the likes of 7th in the league next year and let's be honest it's all on Levy as always. Great stadium, poor football club, disorganized, lacking strategy, direction, philosophy, structure, leadership, quality and a cohesive identity.

I know people are turning on the manager and with some justification but it's Levy who's overseen all of this, a poor squad reliant on Kane to do the work of 3 or 4, and brings in a manager who wants the best and gives him the likes of Danjuma, Spence and Clement.

Nothing's gonna change anytime soon whoever is in charge next season.

I don’t believe that Conte or any other coach chooses the players or has any say in the tactics of any game. These coaches are persuaded by Levy to put out a team that benefits only ENIC and Levy. Also I believe that the coaches and players hands are tied.
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

I’m all for dark humour but that ain’t especially funny tbh
It was a joke and not especially dark, in that he was cured, he had successful surgery and he is back on deck.
I apologise if my humour brought up memories of yours or other posters relatives that suffered a different disease and prognosis, I cannot control any of that. Censoring myself and applying these principles would mean no drunk or sex joke and nearly all other topics could hold that same constraint.
Besides the fact, I cannot take "bets", the odds were unprofitable if I was to, the options were not covered i.e no draw option, the link was an obvious spoof, and finally I think the favourite won the day.

I must have been such a bad person in a previous life to have to put up with the s*** we have had to stomach this season. Not only are we so poor, that lot down the road are going to win the league!! We are cursed, no doubt about it.
Just can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone our next win. Conte has to take a fair chunk of the blame for the way the season is panning out, he's such a one trick pony that other managers have sussed him out. And as for that substitution - OMG!
So despondent at the moment, that I am dreading Saturday.
:(

Last edited:
But don’t you think that it’s a little strange that we can play a great against Chelsea then play so badly over the next few weeks?
I REALLY hope that I’m wrong, but it seems to me that it’s controlled.

I really hope for you're sake you're not thinking too hard before you come to draw these conclusions.......... That wouldn't be a good sign. Not at all.

I must have been such a bad person in a previous life to have to put up with the s*** we have had to stomach this season. Not only are we so poor, that lot down the road are going to win the league!! We are cursed, no don't bt about it
Just can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone our next win. Conte has to take a fair chunk of the blame for the way the season is panning out, he's such a one trick pony that other managers have sussed him out. And as for that substitution - OMG!
So despondent at the moment, that I am dreading Saturday.
:(

He was an utter disgrace tonight...... Then compounded it with a pitiful performance in the post-match media.

Hope you got home safe and that your 'welcome home' cuppa hit the spot!

Last edited:
It was pretty even over 2 legs
they are fucking awful and still better than us. they will get humiliated in the 1/4s if they come up against a proper side, just as we would of.

the worst thing is we had it in our squad to batter them. but we got an incompetent piece of shit making braindead selections and handcuffing us. if there was ever an 'agent' from a rival its this right now. no one can be this fucking useless

Apparently some of the fans were singing his name as they were leaving the stadium
Yes and they were during the 6 mins of added time.
Everyone has had enough.
The fans got right behind the team from the off and were none stop for 20 mins but the football just sucks the life out of everyone.

Bringing Sanchez on for Kulu was just about the most pathetic thing I have ever seen a manager do.

Freezing and wet and massive queues at WHL station, but don’t worry, the players will all go home to their nice underfloor heating in their big mansions, the poor little loves must have been cold tonight.

Fuck this shit.

I had the idea to send myself into a downward spiral and watch the post game interview features on Spurs Play. None available. Chicken shit fucking cowards can‘t even get in front of the cameras to talk about that shower of shit.

Come back from the game. Not read the thread yet.

I think I'm most disappointed with the tactics today. Absolutely no idea how to create chances from open play.
The slow tempo played right into the hands of Milan, they slowed it even more with dark arts as I predicted.

Romero does Romero things. It was so obvious he was getting sent off. Conte doesn't have the balls to drop the 3 CBs formation even when chasing the game in a knockout for 10 minutes. I was probably one of the few fans who wasn't convinced by him, neither was I of Nuno or Jose.

Not sure Kane had a shot even in desperation today. Son was terrible, Kulusevski tried but he was lacking sharpness.
Then it boils down to the lack of creativity and the fact that Conte didn't want an AM told me from the start of the season that we'd struggle to open teams that defend deep. I knew Conte would try to exploit Kane more dropping deep, but when he's the only one who can score it obviously leaves us short in middle. We've got a black hole in that AM position. Maddison would instantaneously make that team competitive. Milan were comfortable across both legs.

Also very disappointed to not see Danjuma come on, why sign him if you don't use him. We needed an injection of speed, sharpness and skill to unlock them. Fuck these dinosaur tactics.

Last thing I'll say is that the crowd were well up for it. We tried to get behind them, but when you have those insipid tactics followed by a tempo which is slower than a Sloth there's not much to get behind. The boos at half time and full time were fully deserved.

The upside is that the torture will not have to be endured for many more games. But there was a QF place ripe for the taking and we did what we typically do.

At the end of the day though, it was a full house and levy made his money. Now we compete in the league to try and have a repeat of that performance in next seasons CL. No thanks, I'd rather we take one of the other cup competitions seriously and try to actually win the bastard thing.

#fucktop4

I predict that Milan will let themselves up in a traditional Italian defensive formation to protect their 1-0 lead. And we will set ourselves up in a traditional Conte defensive formation hoping not to go 2-0 down with a slight chance of Kane nicking one against the run of play.

Until around the 78th minute when Conte realises that 0-0 is not a superb result with a team which is valued at hundreds of millions with very few injuries now, and makes a couple of attacking subs.
Call me Nostradamus from here please

Back
Top Bottom