THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have never started a thread, let a lone a match thread.

Bored of reading about how crap Adebayor is/isnt in the City thread so lets get this one going.

This is the 94th time we have played Wigwam and currently the record is Won 93 lost 1. The last time they beat us was months ago so we shouldn't be concerned by it.

Typically we finish the season poorly while they are reignited by the thoughts of relegation and begin to play properly.

We have a chance to end both these themes on Saturday at the DW ground which has a capacity of 25,138.

Talking points include but are not limited to:

Will Huddlestone get a start given his recent game changing performances off the bench. Answer is probably no.

Will Wigan's players be holding themselves for the FA Cup final which is undoubtedly the biggest day of their lives? Answer is lets hope so, anyone of any decent standard will rest safe in the knowledge that another crap PL team will pick them up next year if they go down anyway.

Can AVB out-Tacticise his young contemporary Martinez and get Spurs the much needed 3 points that will elevate them to third if only for a short period? I would say yes he fucking can

Google has more stats.

COYS!

Sigurdsson Walker​
Parker Dawson​
Defoe Bale Lloris​
Dembele Caulker​
Holtby Naughton​

:llorishuh:

human-pyramid-india.jpg

I love the fact we can debate over who to play across the middle. Just shows we have a decent bit of squad depth in midfield!

I understand your point. But as I keep pointing out BAE is completely and massively , ridiculously overrated by many Spurs fans. He's not in the top 6 LBs in the prem, and the other day someone on one site said he was better than Baines. Whaat, Baines is a class above BAE and then some. That's how deluded some Spurs fans are about BAE.

We finished 4th twice with BAE.

Your constant point about him not being top 6 PL left back (which is nonsense because he has been part of a top 5 team for the last three seasons) is about as relevant as saying "lets play Tom Carrol up front because JD isnt world class".

The fact is, while the window is shut, and Gallas and Kaboul injured, we have two choices at LB. Naughton and BAE, and BAE is better than Naughton.

Anything else doesnt matter one little bit.

Back
Top Bottom