THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have never started a thread, let a lone a match thread.

Bored of reading about how crap Adebayor is/isnt in the City thread so lets get this one going.

This is the 94th time we have played Wigwam and currently the record is Won 93 lost 1. The last time they beat us was months ago so we shouldn't be concerned by it.

Typically we finish the season poorly while they are reignited by the thoughts of relegation and begin to play properly.

We have a chance to end both these themes on Saturday at the DW ground which has a capacity of 25,138.

Talking points include but are not limited to:

Will Huddlestone get a start given his recent game changing performances off the bench. Answer is probably no.

Will Wigan's players be holding themselves for the FA Cup final which is undoubtedly the biggest day of their lives? Answer is lets hope so, anyone of any decent standard will rest safe in the knowledge that another crap PL team will pick them up next year if they go down anyway.

Can AVB out-Tacticise his young contemporary Martinez and get Spurs the much needed 3 points that will elevate them to third if only for a short period? I would say yes he fucking can

Google has more stats.

COYS!

....................................Lloris

Walker................Daws..............Vert.............BAE

.....................Parker.................Dembele.....

.........Dempsey......................................Bay-ol Bay-ol Bay-ol

...................................Ade

............................................Defoe

0-3

A disagree is not a negrep, and I've said what I want about 100times in the latest posts. Not to mention that Ade and JD just do not work together, never really has... 4-3-3 usual backline, TC-Holtby-Dembele, Bale Ade(subbed for JD 60-70min) and hopefully lennon

I fancy us to win, but it goes without saying it will be tough, etc. But I said it anyway :)

The impending Cup Final is an interesting one for Wigan's players to contend with. It almost certainly will have an effect, here's hoping it helps give us the winning edge.

0-3

I can see how that would work. Ade could float around in the space created by Defoe stretching the defence. But then I think Bale would want to occupy the same space so I don't think it will happen.

Interesting alternative though, shows we've got options. Can definitely keep Wigan guessing anyway which is important.

Occasionally, when a game goes to General Sale, I get 6 tickets and bring a carload over from Belgium - they are mad about the prem as they recognise that the Jupiler League is crap in comparison.

Anyway, the first time I ever did this was the 9-1 game! Should be noted that on the 5 occasion I have since organised such a trip, we have won every time!

Wigan need points and may come out all attack-minded, which should suit us especially with the Balennon back. However, looking at their fixture list, they may be happy with a draw as they have 3 other quite winnable games. In this case, maybe Hudd would be a good starter to get that ball through into goal-scoring areas and go for an early lead to force their hand.

0-3

I'd play Ade out wide left.

So wide left, that he's sitting on a bench!

I find Wigan's spelling in the thread title highly disrespectful and the kind of jinx that would angry the football Gods into condemning us to a 1:0 William Gallas OG defeat

Amend it now, blasphemers, before it's too late

I fancy us to win, but it goes without saying it will be tough, etc. But I said it anyway :)

The impending Cup Final is an interesting one for Wigan's players to contend with. It almost certainly will have an effect, here's hoping it helps give us the winning edge.

I think the impact of the FA Cup final for Wigan will only be fear of injury. So, we must get stuck into them to benefit from this. The flip side of the FA Cup factor is every Wigan player will up their game to show to Martinez that they should be picked for that day.

[Centre]Lloris
Walker Dawson Caulker Naughton
Huddlestone Dembele
Siggurdson Bale Dempsey
Adebayor [/centre]

Sigurdsson Walker​
Parker Dawson​
Defoe Bale Lloris​
Dembele Caulker​
Holtby Naughton​

:llorishuh:

human-pyramid-india.jpg